Hacking Does my Wii hate SNEEK?

Fat D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi folks,
I have tried to install SNEEK numerous times - but it never works: It sits at the black screen for hours and does not boot sh't. I tried my NAND, I tried removing files from it, I tried a virgin NAND created with NUSAD, I tried using a different SD card - nothing. The USB drive (Seagate FreeAgent Go) had its LED on permanently, though. And in terms of extra hardware, that drive was pretty much it. Composite cable, Sensor Bar, Power adapter - No GC controllers, no memory cards, no other USB devices. I do have a drivechip in there, though.

Anyone knows what's wrong? Does my Wii just hate SNEEK?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
..I would say yes. I have 5 SD Cards, 4 of them hate SNEEK but my Micro SDHC to SD adaptor works. Too bad that my SD card slot is (nearly) broken now, it's (nearly) impossible to start something from SD. UNEEK doesn't work at all, USB sticks, my HDD, SD Card reader and so on, nothing works. You could try different revisions, self-compiled or from the SneekInstaller.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
do u have a setting.txt file on ur emulated nand?

edit: u should try UNEEK, if ur SD card is able to launch bootmii, then it will be good enough to launch UNEEK, then it all depends on the USB compatibility, which is hopefully better than your sd compatibility

Fat D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XFlak said:

edit: u should try UNEEK, if ur SD card is able to launch bootmii, then it will be good enough to launch UNEEK, then it all depends on the USB compatibility, which is hopefully better than your sd compatibility
As mentioned above, the one from my original Wii NAND.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try. Can UNEEK emulate DI via USB?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Fat D said:
XFlak said:

As mentioned above, the one from my original Wii NAND.
ummm, no, this would be the first time u are mentioning this

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try. Can UNEEK emulate DI via USB?
yes, did u even read the description of UNEEK+DI in NUSAD? I thought u used it before? Based on this fact alone, I think your sneek problems can be attributed to some other obvious/simple fact that u are overlooking, make sure u read the sh*t in front of ur face buddy.
ehy7bc.jpg

Fat D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did use it, however, the look I took back then was at the setup I initially desierd, SD+DI.
As for the settings.txt, I must have forgotten it while writing the post. At least I wanted to mention it. Probably got lost in some formulation adjustment.

Fat D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As I *really* said above, neither the NUSAD build nor the real NAND build worked, so I already have tried multiple times. The settings.txt comes from a PAL Wii, and I built a PAL NAND. They are from different system menu versions though, is there a chance that might be the cause? With the real NAND, they were of course the same version, but it still did not work.
I am building a UNEEK NAND without DI now to test it, but I am off until later. Let's hope it works.

PS: You sure have an aggressive style of writing.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like you might be having the same problem i was two days ago, did you install di without putting a game on the drive?

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
i did something similar, not dumping the game and having that on the USB (or SD)
but mine still wouldnt boot back then... ill try again soon, i promise.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
jeez, u think I don't know how my program works? NUSAD gives u the option of not building a setting.txt, but it also warns u to include one otherwise it will fail. So it was a legitimate question (especially since I know there are people out there who can and will make that exact mistake)

the fact that they come from dif firmwares makes no difference.

U probably have an incompatible SD card. Btw, when building UNEEK, make sure your harddrive is formatted as FAT32 with 32 bit clusters

PS. I don't have a harsh style of writing (but I can see why u came to that conclusion), read my past posts to other ppl and u'll see 99% of the time, I'm one of the nicest people on these forums, even to noobs. I chose to write certain things harshly in this thread. Don't take it personally though, I just can't stand when people use my app, and don't read whats in front of their face (even if u did, I assumed otherwise based on your lack of knowledge that you should have acquired when using NUSAD to build SNEEK).

Good luck, despite my cranky mood (which has more to do with lack of sleep, a headache, and lots of work to do... than with you) I honestly hope u can get it working!

edit: jefffisher might be onto something, make sure if u are running either UNEEK+DI or SNEEK+DI to add at least one game to your hard drive. I didn't have to do this, but others have had other experiences

Fat D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can feel your frustration - I get tired of explaining to noobs on German forums that I cannot know what R4 fake exactly they have without them giving me any information about the file structure and things like that.

I just wonder, what gave you the impression that I (or someone else, I am not exactly sure that with those posts in-between it was directed at me) doubted your knowledge of your program?
Is there any chance you mean 32 kilobits (kibi for those pedantic about binary/decimal prefixes)? 32 bits is about 2 orders of magnitude below anything I can format, though there is still 32 kilobytes which my drive is not.

And just in case it fails and I do not find time to comment on it, could the presence of several partitions on the drive (FAT32 is not first, but marked active) be a reason for that?

Alright - UNEEK is running, and it causes my disk drive to flash at a period of a little more than a second. Is this the "one flash - missing TMD" one?
Never mind, creating a FAT partition at SDA1 with SNEEK in there did the trick. I wanted to reserve the partition for a Whiite installation once, but with the overscan all my display devices have, it is probably for the better that I do not. Now for DI!
Guess my SD was really incompatible.

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to hand it to you XFlak, I've tried Crediars SNEEK/UNEEK installer a dozen times and only got SNEEK to work once, and never managed to get UNEEK working. The first time trying out NUSAD and presto, a foreign screen appears on the first try (it was the initial Wii setup screen, which I haven't seen in years)!

Fat D, do you have it working? That last paragraph kinda goes back and forth... I don't know if this is true or not, but it seemed to help when I pressed my SD card in. I went to remove it without turning the console off (probably a bad idea, I know) after I thought it wasn't going to work. My harddrive was making a kind of screeching sound, and wasn't blinking. As soon as I pushed it in I noticed it started to work normally.

Like I said, it may have been a coincidence, or it may be that my SD card or slot, since both are rather old at this point, are a little out of shape and the contacts weren't touching correctly.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@FAT D, when u asked the Question "Can UNEEK emulate DI via USB?", it told me you didn't read the screen that I posted a screenshot of above. So that's why I said what I said, but just 4get about it.

You FAT32 hard drive needs to be the first partition, active, and primary, and formatted in 32KB clusters

@mvgc3, I'm glad it worked for u!

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the partition doesn't need to be active I have 2 hard drives with just plain primary partition formatted to fat32 32kb clusters and they both work fine for sneek di and uneek di

Fat D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XFlak said:
@FAT D, when u asked the Question "Can UNEEK emulate DI via USB?", it told me you didn't read the screen that I posted a screenshot of above. So that's why I said what I said, but just 4get about it.

You FAT32 hard drive needs to be the first partition, active, and primary, and formatted in 32KB clusters

@mvgc3, I'm glad it worked for u!
Well, it is not active, but UNEEK still gets it. I currently have files on both the active one and the first one, though. Might be time to merge those two.
I wonder if it was really my SD card, or if it was the DI-without-files issue that seems to pop up for some, but not all. I -had- a disc on an active FAT32, but that one was not first, and when I tried a SNEEK built without DI (with my real NAND and crediar's tools) I got it to show the Priiloader incompatibility screen - once and never after, though, and uninstalling it from the dump killed more than it fixed.
Now, what do I try, UNEEK-DI or SNEEK without DI? I shall pick UNEEK-DI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn