Hacking Does having a SLOT 1 and 2 in at once really

Kael1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For instance when I have my SLOT 1 and 2 in there and I am playing something off the SLOT 1 that does not use the second slot device at all..? Is the DS still accessing the SLOT 2 device and draining power ?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
it shouldn't... as long as whatever is being run in slot one isn't accessing the slot two, there should be no difference.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
there is
slot 2's do actually drain power
if you dont believe me, play until the battery led JUST turns red and then take out the slot 2 and the light will become green again

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
you gotta be kidding me
wtf.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer is yes. Both DS and GBA cartridges contain two pins on them, power and ground, so they suck power whenever they are plugged in. Slot-2 devices with RAM are especially battery-hungry.

I just have a slot-2 device, what if i take out PassCard when the game is loaded?
That would improve battery life, yes. The only estimate I've heard about that is that it adds about 1 hour, though I'm not sure how accurate that is.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are two contacts which are always attached for power, etc. So having a card plugged in will shorten battery life by a very minimal amount (compared to using it for rumble, RAM, etc).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol