Does anyone else here thinks nintendo is spying on GBATEMP?

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
Mmm, if Nintendo was honestly watching us, wouldn't they be filing action against every flashcard maker, not just the defunct R4? Not to say that they can shut us down--oh they can. For any reason too. I mean, do we have a team of crack lawyers and plenty of money to go through a long lawsuit process? Who cares if they "can't do that"? We're already on questionably legal grounds as it is, and we're just a tiny website going against a massive corporation. Not the best of battle situations, no?

So yeah, I'm pretty sure they don't give a rat's ass about us. And if they really cared about wanting to squash translation projects with their own, Nintendo could have easily shut down the Mother 3 translation. Cease and Desist, baby.

They do have people who surf around on sites like this, but as you said they don't really care about taking us down.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit it. I'm a nintendo staff. I'm one of those asian guys that go door to door driving a white hatchback car saying "Wii would like to play." and then I just intrude without letting them say a word. Hook up my wii and just start swinging around the wiimote.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
nin10do

ph34r.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
PharaohsVizier said:
Hmmmmm, perhaps this is the real reason some of the staff left and some new ones are being put in.
smile.gif
They're trying to slowly take over, I bet the Radioactive Force or whatever is just a codename for Nintendo. Highly suspicious... XD
Damn.......curse you PharaohsVizier......now we have to change the name....again....
frown.gif

Tell me,how did you know? Was it my ass tattoo?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
True that, I don't think they see us as a threat.....and besides, we don't do anything illegal....Funny thing is, they could actually learn from us! And improve, by listening what people here talk!

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
True that, I don't think they see us as a threat.....and besides, we don't do anything illegal....Funny thing is, they could actually learn from us! And improve, by listening what people here talk!
I hope they do come here and listen. This will make them run away from all the n00b questions/request/r4.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You all realize that for every one of "us", there are AT LEAST 100 people that WOULD pay to play it, don't you?

That's why I complain that there is no 2D Metroid on DS. It would be an instantaneous best-seller. It amazes me that Nintendo hasn't jumped all over it, which leads me to believe that Nintendo has lost their minds when it comes to the loyal Nintendo fans that have always been there. They now cater to the noobs (casual gamers) and have all but forgotten about the people who's loyalty and trust in them has made them the legacy they are now.

It's all well and fine to attract new gamers with the casual stuff, but there needs to be a balance between the noob and the hardcore gamers. Metroid is just the BEST example of a single game that could really swing that balance closer to even. Just that ONE game would do a lot to alleviate the alienated feeling people like me are starting to feel with Nintendo.

In my opinion, the reason they love the noob games is that noobs are easier to satisfy than the hardcore gamers and they don't have to work nearly as hard to produce some crappy casual game as they would to produce a good hardcore game. They have become lazy and are resting on their laurels.

And I hope the "spies" that may exist around here sees this and takes it to heart and does something about restoring the balance.

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Yes I realize there are plenty of people that would buy it (personally I never liked Metroid, 2D OR 3D).

Haha so I'm not the only one who never cared for Metroid. Anyways, Nintendo, if you really wanna make us happy, (well, me at least) you could make a Mother 4 for ds
rofl2.gif
yeah right...or Golden Sun 3 like everyone wants
dry.gif
But that will never happen. It seems like the only thing ds gets anymore is cooking, brain, language, and pokemon games.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My wishlist for Nintendo.
1. F-Zero DS.
2. Mother 4
3. Mother 1-2-3 complication
4. Golden Sun 3
5. Punchout DS
6. Donkey Kong Country DS
7. Wave Race DS
8. 1080 Snowboarding

Third Parties.

1. Banjo Kazooie
2. Goldeneye 007 DS
3. X-Com DS
4. Extreme-G ( bitches )
5. Chrono Trigger Sequel
6. Tekken DS (A GBA version happened)
7. Anything involving zombies eating neighbors.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think there is someone who is here telling nintendo when a translation project is done and then just copyrighting it and sell it publicly =/
But w/e, I just feel sorry for the guys actually translating like noitora and darknemises

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.hueyandweprin.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/iStock-1073669440.jpg +1