Does anyone else hate the AVLS as much as I do?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by MRsonic699, Aug 13, 2016.

1. MRsonic699
    OP

MRsonic699 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2011
    Brasov, Romania
    I've got an Austrian Vita, and it falls under the same silly Europe/German laws that made sony develop the AVLS volume restriction thing. Disabling it is fine, but it automatically turns on after each reboot, and after each 20 hours. I like to use great headphones that need more power to drive, so low volume is a no-go for me. Is there anyone chance that there'd be a simple script to disable this? I'd do it myself but I have no idea how to Vita yet.

2. doctorgoat

doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    I don't think we can run background processes yet.

If we can and there's a way to toggle it, I could probably whip something up.

3. tito83

tito83 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2011
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I really REALLY hate this shit
    [​IMG]

Voxel likes this.
  4. MRsonic699
    OP

MRsonic699 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2011
    Brasov, Romania
    Well, I was thinking of the X/O swap VPK. I don't know how that one's executed, but I guess that's a much simpler thing to do. Maybe even a developer toggle thing. I'll probably have to wait for this, but it won't kill me either way.

That drawing is magical.

5. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Limbo
    Yes it's annoying af. Is there some registry fix for it?

6. MDashK

MDashK GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2011
    Internetus Exploratis
    Unfortunatelly, I believe the AVLS is controlled via hardware.
    Older 1000 Vita models (I have one) do not have this issue, and yet, my 2000 model does.
    Since the update is the same to every model, my only assumption is that this is controlled, somehow, in a hardware level.