Hardware Do you think the price of 3DS would decrease by August 2011?

GranolaBar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could it decrease to $190 or even $150? I plan to buy one after my birthday. I am currently using a Nintendo DSi XL and I am worrying that Nintendo might focus on the 3DS and they won't make normal DS games anymore! That's why I am planning to buy before that happens. Do you think it would decrease? If so, what price? If not, why?

unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it might go down in price for the holidays

dont expect anything lower than a 150... even 150 is pushing it way to much

maybe in the 200 region with a freebie game or something

also wrong forum?

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way it will be down 100$ in 3 months... just no possible way. You're best bet for a price decrease would be a black friday sale.

3.6M units isn't "low sales" it's just lower then Nintendo predicted (which was 4M). There is a big difference.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
August is too soon for a price drop. Specially when the good shit comes around June and people will buy it for what it costs.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt we'll see a price drop before next year, promotional sales notwithstanding. Even though sales are lower than expected according to Nintendo, they will use the Christmas season as a true gauge of sales to make a determination whether or not to lower the price and by how much.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe $229.99 cuz the low sales ,that can be overtaken by launching better software, and not so cheap cuz it just came out.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Your more likely to pick one up in the near future a liitle cheaper than hoping for a price drop in August! The 3DS is not selling as well as expected but that's because Nintendo have yet to bring in their big guns. Once that happens a price drop won't be on the cards for a while.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might go down to $220 by August. But be aware of Christmas deals! They'll put the
ph34r.gif
on you and put the price back up (bundles as Wizerzak said).

But if you can wait longer, maybe it can be your only Christmas present perhaps? Haha that's all I'm asking for as a "Final Christmas before I graduate from High School gift"
smile.gif

But If you're up to spending on your own, just raise more money and the cheapest way would either be used from Amazon, eBay, or on Black Friday.

ThriLL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
2. I know a way to drop the price a hundred dollars RIGHT NOW! Sell your DSi XL when you buy it. It'll net you at least 100 bucks you can put towards the 3DS.

This. You need to hurry though. That deal ends soon iirc.

The system's still in it's infancy; there's no way a price drop will happen in the first year of it's release. Hell I doubt they'll even drop the price next year.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think its totally possible for the price to drop to $200 sometime this year, especially if sales don't pick up around June. The original DS had a price drop just a few months after release, because no one was buying it.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The price of the 3DS won't drop until sometime next year at the earliest. Nintendo would never even consider dropping the price with titles such as Zelda, Star Fox, Mario Kart, Super Mario, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing etc coming out soon. They know consumers will pay $250 for it especially with the holiday shopping season later this year. People are known for spending money like crazy during the holiday season regardless of price. Not to mention a lot of people, including many tempers, are waiting to buy the 3DS when the big titles come out. Nintendo knows that many people are holding out until some worthwhile titles hit store shelves, so there is no reason for them to drop price any time this year.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Not likely at all, especially if the 3DS gains massive popularity with upcoming titles such as Mario and Zelda.

The Wii stayed at $250 for like forever, the 3DS doesn't seem to be as popular but still it's gonna take a couple of years at least until a price drop.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarxrax said:
I think its totally possible for the price to drop to $200 sometime this year, especially if sales don't pick up around June. The original DS had a price drop just a few months after release, because no one was buying it.
May I ask where you go this information?

I doubt it be a drop any time soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up