Hacking Do you need the Twilight Hack if you have a modded Wii?

sofakng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your Wii is modded with a modchip (eg. OpenWii), do you need to use the Twilight Hack to install homebrew, vc games, etc?

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not for installing those. You could use the trucha signer to make wad installation disks.

But if you wish to boot elf files you will require the twilight hack.

sofakng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply!

It seems like the best way to install channels (WADs?) is using the WAD Installer and WAD Uninstaller channels, so do I need to create a WAD installation disc via Trucha Signer, and then I can just install more WADs from the SD card using the newly installed channel?

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, if you need help with trucha let me know
lecture.gif

After that 1 installation disk, all your wads can be installed from the installation channel.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It seems like the best way to install channels (WADs?) is using the WAD Installer and WAD Uninstaller channels, so do I need to create a WAD installation disc via Trucha Signer, and then I can just install more WADs from the SD card using the newly installed channel?

Personally, I think the best way is the Homebrew Channel, then I can launch the Wii Homebrew Launcher, so then I can keep both the install and uninstall programs on my SD card, and just quickly change out the WADs on my SD card.

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The homebrew channel IS another option, though, it takes a bit of extra time to boot up and isn't exactly "stable". Plus not all current and future homebrews are/will be supported. If you wish to have 1 channel then go for the homebrew channel. If you don't really care, I'd recommend the installation/uninstallation channels.
wink2.gif

sofakng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir VG said:
Personally, I think the best way is the Homebrew Channel, then I can launch the Wii Homebrew Launcher, so then I can keep both the install and uninstall programs on my SD card, and just quickly change out the WADs on my SD card.
Ahhh, that sounds very interesting. Is there a link to more information on the homebrew channel? (eg. what exactly it is, how it works, how to install channels [?] into it, etc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE