Do Delays Equal Wii U versions?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by EnigmaXtreme, Jun 6, 2012.

Jun 6, 2012
  1. EnigmaXtreme
    OP

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    In case you haven't heard the Tomb Raider reboot and Bioshock: Infinite have both been delayed until the first quarter of 2013, why?

I can only think of one answer, Wii U

Are Crystal Dynamics and Irrational finally working on Wii U versions of their games or is this merely coincidence?

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    If every delayed game meant that it will be released for more platforms, Duke Nukem Forever would probably have a Microwave Edition by now.

Wait for official statements. ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Couldn't they just release the games on their scheduled dates and then release them on the Wii U on its release? That seems smarter to me, especially since it costs them more money to wait. I mean, it is a possibility, but I can think of other reasons as to why they'd delay the games as well.

4. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    For Tomb Raider

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=178657]

It's coming to the Wii U.

5. Mario264

Newcomer Mario264 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    If they did that it would cause confusion with customers wouldn't it? I mean, firstly there would be people who quite rightly would have already played it on Xbox 360 or PS3 and wouldn't see the need to buy the Wii U version unless they went ahead and called the games something different (Like Batman: Armoured edition, giving a fancy name to what is essentially the same game). They would need to give reasons to get the Wii U version like "Oh, there is extra skins now and touchscreen controls!" Therefore it's more clever to delay the game and release them at the same time so they wont need to justify why the Wii U version is worth buying and just let the consumers decide which version to get.

6. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    The simple trick is advertising. All they have to do is note that the game will be released later in the ads, the consumer will take note. What's more, they could just relaunch advertising on console launch, it's still be a cheaper option then waiting.