Softmod a Wii U?

Ricardito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a large collection of Australian games for the Wii U unfortunately someone stole my console....

If I softmodded or hacked my Wii U would I be able to play AU/Pal games without trouble?

Im not that savvy when it comes to to tech so I'm hoping for an easier method to bypass region checks.

Id imagine that if I did any kind of hack that I'd be throwing away any possibility of using internet or multi-player capabilities online as well as purchasing online?? Such as Super Mario 3.

I've heard the online Estore is dead anyway

I'm sorry for my unorganized post. In short I'm hoping that there's some way I could be able to play games from both countries US and AU without bricking the system lol or getting into trouble legally if thats even a concern in my case.

In the future I may end up traveling between the two countries however until my grandmother passes away I've agreed to house and care for her.

I understand I can easily get a switch with access to some wii u titles however I prefer the wii/wii u for exercising and more active gaming

duffman2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's very easy to jailbreak the Wii U. I would recommend Blaine Locklair YouTube channel, he have some pretty good guides on modding a numerous consoles.
The e-shop is still "available" via the app NUSsplit btw.(homebrew)
Regarding region free physical games last time I checked there was a little more work to get it working, but I never personally tried.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Id imagine that if I did any kind of hack that I'd be throwing away any possibility of using internet or multi-player capabilities online
No, online play and stuff is working just fine on a modded Wii U. Even games you, uhm, get from 3rd party services work just fine online.

As Iwiz told follow the official guide only instead of YouTube guides or something through. That way you won't brick for sure and have a smooth, bug free experience.

If I softmodded or hacked my Wii U would I be able to play AU/Pal games without trouble?
Many out of region games work out of the box on a modded console and Aroma (newest CFW with many cool stuff) even has a region free plugin. Yes, out of region games work online, too. ;)

Reactions: lwiz

duffman2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As Iwiz told follow the official guide only instead of YouTube guides or something through. That way you won't brick for sure and have a smooth, bug free experience

Just as a fyi Blaine Locklair uses the official guide. The same with his other guides like modding the Wii og vWii.
But yes the guide is quite simple to follow so you might do fine without seeing a video

Trophies
XP
Just as a fyi Blaine Locklair uses the official guide.

Even if the video uses the official guide, the main problem is that videos get outdated rather quickly and subsequently leave a large number of people misinformed or confused by older information.

The best way to avoid this is to cut out the middle-man of the YouTube video, and go directly to the guide as the source. That way you can verify all your information is correct and up to date.

Reactions: SDIO

duffman2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Even if the video uses the official guide, the main problem is that videos get outdated rather quickly and subsequently leave a large number of people misinformed or confused by older information.

The best way to avoid this is to cut out the middle-man of the YouTube video, and go directly to the guide as the source. That way you can verify all your information is correct and up to date.

Sure. I agree to some degree. But it seemed like OP was very unsure hwo to pull it off, and I personally think YouTube is a great way of learning the first time. That is why I like Blair's channel. It's up to date and very easy (sometimes to detailed and slow)
But yeah, I guess the safest way is to use the official guide.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, youtube video. I'm sure they'll help you out when something goes wrong. But hey, don't forget to like and subscribe. Oh yeah buy the merch too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty