Magsor

I am watching you
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok guys with the help of this guide i am gonna go try myself on sneek
I have a pretty good comprehension on how everything works together but I am confused in what files to get.
Can you help me put out a shopping list in what to get in modmii assuming I only have bootmii installed and cios 249.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you don't have priiloader yet, get it first. Especially if that bootmii is installed as an IOS.
From modmii, you may want to get "cIOS 236" (aka: a patched IOS36) and the latest version of d2x. 236 is probably not needed (249 can most likely also be used to install custom wads), but it won't hurt.
Also get postloader or neogamma as loaders. And MMM, dop-mii or wad manager to install wads (one of these will probably be advised by modmii anyway).

I'd say the above are the prerequisites. Both postloader and neogamma can be used for wii games as well, so I suggest you try to get that working first. At the very least to rule out problems with the loader first.

Once all that is okay...then it's just following the guide.

Aw, crap...just now saw the part of sneek. Okay...let's start over.

Start by answering 3 questions:
1) do you have bootmii as IOS or as boot2? (this is important)

2) what flavor of sneek do you want to use? Basically, it's 2 yes/no questions:
2A. do you want your emulated nand on the USB drive (as opposed to on the SD card)?
2B. do you want to run games from disc or from the USB drive?

I would suggest to go for the USB option in case A, as it would otherwise clump up space that could be occupied by gamecube games.
...and neek2o for the overall. But that's for later.

3) do you want to use your own current wii's nand, or start with a completely new one? (if the former: start by creating a backup with bootmii).

That's it for now. I'll respond later when you give some answers. :)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
step 1) make sure your wii is properly softmodded. If your not sure, resoftmod it using ModMii (or use ModMii's syscheck updater function)

step 2) build DML, start ModMii Classic and from the main menu type "4", then "DML", then select the rev you want to build, then "D", then "y". Then install the DML wad ModMii just saved to SD:\WAD folder using mmm or some other wad manager.

step 3) convert some GC games to fst format and save them to the "games" folder on your SD Card. You can use ModMii to do this (from main menu, "S" then "4") but it uses wit.exe to convert the games, you might have better luck using crediar's discex.

step 4) download the latest version of neogamma or wiiflow mod (on ModMii's download page 2 and elsewhere) and launch it from the HBC or whatever.

step 5) play your GC game backups (emulated nand not required when using neogamma or even wiiflow mod)

Magsor

I am watching you
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Xflax!
This worked flawlessly although I want to grab your attention to the fact that the modmii's french installer does not have the latest version of modmii. (Yes i am from the dark side of canada ;))

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
glad it worked!

and I am well aware of the outdated translations.

The Spanish and Dutch translators are working hard to update their translations.

The Italians seem to have disappeared, but when they were active (not too long ago) they worked incredibly fast, so once they get in touch with me again I imagine it won't take them long to update the Italian version.

And the French translation... omg, the worst of them all. I had ketufe translating it at first, but he stopped for awhile and I started doing the translation myself (using google translate). And then I started getting feedback that the French translation wasn't done well (probably because of google translate), and I got so fed up with having to write AND translate ModMii that I stopped personally translating it entirely. Then mamule came along and kicked ass with a few great French translations but then he too disappeared or just got sick of translating ModMii. And here we are now... so my response to you is... if you want to see the French translation of ModMii updated, maybe consider doing it yourself. If you (or anyone else reading this) is interested in picking up where mamule left off, let me know and I will provide helpful instructions on translating ModMii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.