Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i am probably blind and stupid, but the QR codes onthe first post dont work except for the third. no app is installed to start the twlloader program (im new to this sorry ._.).

Am i missing something? i placed the required files on the sd card of my 3ds

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am probably blind and stupid, but the QR codes onthe first post dont work except for the third. no app is installed to start the twlloader program (im new to this sorry ._.).

go in fbi and go to SD:/_nds/twloader/cia and install all the cia files in that directory

Reactions: zerohealinzz

RazorStrike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

https://github.com/Robz8/TWLoader/releases
Download the latest TWLoader and install the cia, and place the folders from the file in your SD card

Reactions: zerohealinzz

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does audio problem is common in some games, like Metroid games? I had no problems with audio in Mario Advance 2 - Mario World, but it had some bugs in the text boxes, games running well with no other issues
Different games use different ways of outputting audio. Most games have an audio buffer in wram which is being filled with the samples and the dma pulls 16 samples into the sound fifo when it's almost empty. The way this buffer is filled differs though. Some games do this once per vblank or something, but other games like the metroid games use an interrupt raised each time the dma pulls some samples and then adds some new samples to the buffer reacting on this. I have not implemented this interrupt yet (although I did try it once and it didn't work, guess it needs some further work).

The problem with the textboxes is just a timing thing. It is almost solved with the wramicache version.

Edit: Oh, and there are also games that use timer 1 instead of timer 0 for sound and I have not implemented that yet, so that's why sound doesn't work in mario vs dk.

Last edited by Gericom,

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Edit:

Is there a way to put my old .sav file in a folder to load up the game? (pokemon platinum in this case)

Last edited by zerohealinzz,

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does mario kart play as a game on your 3ds with twloader, maybe your dump is corrupted
no it works fine. i can play Mario party just fine. also i figured out without a doner ROM for me i get the red scree of death/crashing again. strange?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no it works fine. i can play Mario party just fine. also i figured out without a doner ROM for me i get the red scree of death/crashing again. strange?
even when i run it as well nothing is really corrupted
but i do have an idea maby instead of Mario kart. i did had my Mario 64 ds cart dumped to the SD so maby that needs to be the doner ROM? ill see if this works.

even when i run it as well nothing is really corrupted
but i do have an idea maby instead of Mario kart. i did had my Mario 64 ds cart dumped to the SD so maby that needs to be the doner ROM? ill see if this works.
nope

Last edited by huntertron1,

TiagoS10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Quando abro Contra 4 recebo uma tela preta, e o disparador cronometrado obtém uma tela branca o que eu faço?

TiagoS10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When I open Contra 4 I get a black screen, and the chrono trigger gets a white screen what do I do?

TiagoS10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
[QUOTE = "TiagoS10, post: 7853387, membro: 427405"] Estou na versão 7.2 do bootstrap
mas não funciona [/ QUOTE]
See if your MKDS ROM works.
If it does work, try downloading 0.7.2 from here.
Download the .7z file for what console you're using, then extract what's in the .7z file, to the "_nds" folder.
It did not work but I'll try it on another sd card.
it worked

Last edited by TiagoS10,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!