Hacking "Disc could not be read" Wii VC injects

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'm not sure if this is the place to post but feel free to report so it can be put in the right place.

Anyway...I got this weird issue that i dont know why its happening and how to fix it (if i can be fixed.)

I have WiiU PAL with HAXCHI. I tried to make my own Wii VC injects but after playing a game i got dics read error so all i can do is to reset the console.

Anyone familiar with this who can help please?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you run Haxchi before you installed it? And again before you played the game? What game? What error exactly are you getting?

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Did you run Haxchi before you installed it? And again before you played the game? What game? What error exactly are you getting?
yes, I couldnt run wup installer or the game if i didnt applied haxchi.
The error is in the game while im playing it. it happened in sonic colors and metroid trilogy. im just playing normally and suddenly i get message: "disc could not be read"

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a y cable? It sounds like an issue with either the external hard drive or the y cable. That disc could not be read really means the Wii U can't read the game off the hard drive.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Are you using a y cable? It sounds like an issue with either the external hard drive or the y cable. That disc could not be read really means the Wii U can't read the game off the hard drive.
Well tbh i am using Y cable, and 90% of injects work without issues. Wiiu games work with 0 ssues.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good you know everything. I'm the one who told you to do injects in the first place. You have a history of being snarky with people trying to help you and you're doing it here as well, as if we're paid to do this or owe you something. There is no clear answer as to why your games are doing that if you're expecting one then hold your breath. The obvious answer is re-do the injects.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Good you know everything. I'm the one who told you to do injects in the first place. You have a history of being snarky with people trying to help you and you're doing it here as well, as if we're paid to do this or owe you something. There is no clear answer as to why your games are doing that if you're expecting one then hold your breath. The obvious answer is re-do the injects.
i'm just filling in you with details so we can solve the problem better so you know what works and what is not since you said wii cant read game of off HDD..so that must mean that HDD does read the disc.

Anyway...if youre still willing to help...As i said, WiiU games read fine, what could that mean than? Also 90% of Wii injects and other games dont have this issue, that's why i'm saying this not to act as i know it all. You got it all backwards.

Anyway, Someone said i should use extra power for HDD, but i was hoping for some software solution to a problem maybe?

I mean i do have Y cable in WiiU....

As for redoing injects, its the same.

Last edited by MetoMeto,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no extra power to the Wii U other than a y-cable.

There is no software solution to fix your problem that I know of and I'm pretty experienced with injects. Maybe someone else will.

I do not know why you're getting this error I never have and I've done hundreds of injects.

I am saying your specific Wii U seems to be having trouble reading those games which my only thought is a hard drive issue, but since most of your other games work then I don't know. If you've redone the injects and it's still doing the same thing I really don't know what else to advise.

If the games never started at all I could see there being many solutions but since they do work and stop working I don't believe there's any software trick you can do to fix it. That's my opinion.

I have those same games but I have hundreds so I haven't played those games specifically at great length.

Edit: just thought of one more thing it could be a problem with the ISOs. You can try to get another download of those (if you downloaded them) and see if that helps. Remember you can use other regions such as USA you just have to run CFW which you have to anyway because they're Wii injects. Kinda doubt it'll help since it's more than one game doing that but you never know.

If that doesn't help you can try and ask and might even have better luck posting your problem in the Wii VC TeconMoon thread.

Last edited by EmulateLife,
Reactions: MetoMeto

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I've had good luck with it the creator of the tool called it horrible so it's not without problems.

TeconMoon said:
Hi all, very surprised to see people are still using this horrible tool after all this time. If it hasn't been painfully obvious, I essentially abandoned this project for some time. All the attempted work I put into this was just because there wasn't an existing tool for Wii / GC injects, and I'm very surprised no one has come along and written a better tool. Probably because interest in the Wii U has been so low no one has really cared to.

To clarify a few things:
  1. I will be posting the terrible source code in the OP soon, maybe someone will be motivated enough to run with it
  2. I am not a programmer by any stretch, kinda the main reason this program sucks so much
  3. There have been a plethora of GameCube issues with blackscreen crashing, maybe @FIX94 and I can work on that (Edit: Yo also maybe @ploggy can weigh in). For titles that generate successfully, the nintendont forwarder always loads, but the forwarder very often fails to load nintendont and leaves no logs behind. For example if you leave the SD card out of the system or don't have a config file, you'll see the error messages stating as such every single time, but once you put the SD card in the system it will often fail to load nintendont.
The only reason I'm revisiting this at all is because I got a new Wii U and was re-generating all my titles, all my Wii titles generated without issue but had a hard time loading GameCube titles.

Anyways, have fun continuing to discuss whatever it is you're discussing.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
@EmulateLife
Thanks. Ill try with different isos. So i guess the injector is the problem as i figured by all this.
And by extra power to HDD i meant to hook one end to phone charger and other end of usb cable (data one, thicker) to wiiU, to see if that fix the "no disc" message.

Last edited by MetoMeto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)