Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'm still having no luck with DM, (not that I've tried it much since last night,) but I was wondering if it makes a difference whether or not the FAT32 partition is the first partition on the drive. (Mine isn't.)

My hard drive has two partitions, (NTFS and FAT32 respectively) and am wondering if that is conflicting with DM's ability to run games.

I'd have tested it already, but if it's not going to help my situation, then I'd prefer to avoid re-formating my HDD.

Thanks!

EDIT:
Just found the FAQ page in Google Code:

"The FAT32 partition MUST be the first primaly partition on the HDD, otherwise it will not work."
This is what I'd like clarified, if possible. :)
There should be some way to change the order of partitions. (I've seen programs for editing the partition table, you would just basically switch the partition information for the two, but I don't know if there's a way to do it automatically)

as far as clarification, the person who programmed it wrote the FAQ so I think that's how it is. He only programmed it to look at the first partition.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
So, the fact that DM Booter, and other loaders can SEE my games has nothing to do with it, correct?

Thanks for the help!
Yeah, if the loader turns control over to DM and IT can't see the games because of the partition, format, or just the USB to IDE converter in the drive, then you're screwed :wink:

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is crediar taking on all problematic games?
It's shame that some games work and others barely or don't even load.
I'm happy with this, but it's still a pain in the ass to as why these isseus aren't logged, to fix future dm.

Did anybody try POP Warrior Within yet?
Or RE 2?
All the Resident Evil games work, although I don't know if disc swapping works for any game yet.
resident evil games let you save right before u switch discs all resident evil games do this... so there should be no problem letting you change discs

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
やった! It works fine for me on my 2nd external --- couldn't use the first one because it didn't like having the FAT partition second.

My physical gamecube collection looks a lot smaller than I thought it would... but the time to back these all up probably makes that a good thing.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, if DM will check port1 only after waiting 10 seconds for port0 to respond, will it eventually get to looking at a disk plugged into port1 EVEN IF there's a WORKING disk with NO games on it in port0?

In other words, could I have 2 hard drives hooked up?
i think this is being worked on in d2xv9

rainbowvegas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has been asked so many times but I am a complete noob. I haven't used my wii in a while and I see many people in this thread talking about nands etc which I am absolutely clueless about, so all I have to do is to install the wad and rip my gamecube game to my usb? My Wii is softmodded and is on 4.0U

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has been asked so many times but I am a complete noob. I haven't used my wii in a while and I see many people in this thread talking about nands etc which I am absolutely clueless about, so all I have to do is to install the wad and rip my gamecube game to my usb? My Wii is softmodded and is on 4.0U

Correct. (Assuming you have one of the newest versions of some loader) Not all have been updated yet to rip to USB instead of SD.

goemon_guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I was able to repartition my HDD and it finally brings up the DIOS MIOS splash screen. (Yay!)

But now, I'm having issues after the splash screen. T_T
It doesn't load the game at all. It just hangs on a black screen.

*I've tried DM Booter, and USB Loader GX, and have tried multiple games, including:
Animal Crossing
Tales of Symphonia
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
all US, and they all hang after the splash screen.

Retail discs hang ON the DM Splash Screen.

Am I perchance doing something wrong? The games are all good dumps as they worked fine on DML.

demon33

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now my setup works fine but I have a 4.3US wii & all the NTSC games I tried works like a charm but I can't seem to launch PAL gc games from usb using dm2.0 & cfg loader v35

I tried ,again, to turn off region free hack from preeloader (wii & gc) but the PAL games still give me a dsi error

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Okay, so I was able to repartition my HDD and it finally brings up the DIOS MIOS splash screen. (Yay!)

But now, I'm having issues after the splash screen. T_T
It doesn't load the game at all. It just hangs on a black screen.

*I've tried DM Booter, and USB Loader GX, and have tried multiple games, including:
Animal Crossing
Tales of Symphonia
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
all US, and they all hang after the splash screen.

Retail discs hang ON the DM Splash Screen.

Am I perchance doing something wrong? The games are all good dumps as they worked fine on DML.
try looking at this http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/FAQ
see if it helps.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Now my setup works fine but I have a 4.3US wii & all the NTSC games I tried works like a charm but I can't seem to launch PAL gc games from usb using dm2.0 & cfg loader v35

I tried ,again, to turn off region free hack from preeloader (wii & gc) but the PAL games still give me a dsi error
priiloader hacks don't effect loading from a loader program.
Try messing around with different options to force video modes to PAL, NTSC, etc and see what helps.

goemon_guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had previously looked at this:
  • Verify that your dump is ok, just google for the md5 hash.
  • Try to install the game with DiscEX (without -c)
  • Assure that the game isn't just waiting for the debugger
  • Try to use a game version that matches your region
  • Verify your loader settings and turn off things like NMM/Force-Prog, NMM/Force-Prog can cause black screens
And I already checked it all.

My USB Gecko isn't plugged in or anything, and all that stuff is turned off/fixed on my part.
(None of it seems to apply to my situation.)

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not sure why, but the stuttering/loading problems I was having with Burnout 2 went away. I reformatted my FAT32 partition with 32k clusters and also ran the game.iso through DiscEx (with shrinking enabled), so I'm not sure what changed that made the difference. Anyway, the game seems to be playing/loading smoothly now, and other games are working well too. Nice!

MasterMan194

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice one!
But what file format/dir structure/loader should i use?
I have 2 games in my FAT32 pendrive that don't show in the newest usbgx build. There's USB:\games folder with 2 subfolders, each game's. Used GCReEx to extract them;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk