1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States

I with him on this one. There's got to be a way; the flickering LED on the disc slot is annoying as he**.

2. apcarr

apcarr GBAtemp Regular

Metroid Prime PAL didnt work but Metroid Prime NTSC worked for me on a PAL Wii (not shrunk)..go figure...

3. demon33

demon33 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    ok so it is normal that my PAL games crash if I leave the video option at "auto" ? Sorry for my bad english ;)

ok just saw the apcarr post up ^^ lol

4. goemon_guy

goemon_guy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Took me long enough, but I finally figured out what I did wrong:

My hard drive formatter didn't allow me to modify the cluster size of the FAT32 partition, and defaulted it as 64KB.

I formatted it with another program and it works fine now!

Thank you all!

5. SteveBrule

SteveBrule Member
    Newcomer

United States
    well hm, my USB hdd does work if i use the Old boot method, New just code dumps, guess I have hope yet

6. crwys

crwys GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  7. Ziggy Zigzagoon

Ziggy Zigzagoon GBAtemp Fan

Aiyah! First Pokémon Black/White 2 get translated at a nosebleed speed, and now I can play GameCube Games from the USB slot??
    ...I got a "heavy blow" today, GBATemp. Are you trying to cheer up me?

8. Hells Guardian

Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    thanks much

9. Tsuteto

Tsuteto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Of course, two days before this gets released, my harddrive ends up being jacking up -.- Will definitely try this out when I can though.

10. kirbymaster101

kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Two questions I really want to be answered.

1. Does DML support ocarina cheats because I enabled cheats in DML Booter and have the .gct file in the codes folder but codes still won't work.

11. deishido

deishido Texture Modder

United States
    I tried to use DML before with a disk in the drive but I got an error that the disk id was wrong and the process failed.
    When I put in a regular Wii or Gamecube game it spins for a bit then black screens with white text that tells me that an error has occured and to turn off the system and eject the disk. (Which is a step beyond what it used to to, it used to simply say the disc could not be read in the disk channel) it does this with all disks.

I have the most recent DML set up already, how would I do the no-disk setup from here? (I have my gamecube backup of Luigi's Mansion on my SD card already) If I were to do this with usb, how would I set the game on it? DML has usb marked as WBSF, I thought that was a wii thing?

Edit: I have it working, Luigi's mansion seems to be fine, but I can't use my controller in other games. Tried with Windwaker and Super Mario Sunshine, I couldn't press start to play the games. Pokemon Colosseum Blackscreened when I pressed start. Should I redump them on my friend's wii? Would scratches on the disks affect them? (They still play on other consoles)

12. d.d.d.

d.d.d. GBAtemp Fan

(Long time lurker, first time poster, Hi~ :) ) (Also, I hope this is the right page, it seems to be for DM & DML...)
    I see that F-Zero GX is listed in working condition on the http://wiki.gbatemp....patibility_List page with only an NMM issue right now.
    After ripping my game and then using Discexe.exe without -c, I started a new game, it works great & fast but I noticed somethin in the story mode part 2 (the Samurai Goro canyon race). I thought that the boulders' shadows flicker or don't show up properly. Has anyone else experienced this? (I think I saw somewhere else that Wind Waker has/had a similar problem...)
    I'm using:
    DML 1.5
    real NAND
    USBLGX 3.0 r1191 &/or DML Booter svn24 (same results with either IIRC)
    8GB SDHC - FAT32 with 64k clusters
    480p + widescreen and with a GC official memory card + controller

EDIT: One other minor thing - I can play Super Mario Sunshine no problem, I force interlace and then enable progressive when game asks, it's also in widescreen automatically... I thought it didn't support that... Does SMS support widescreen officially?

13. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Yes there is via usb loader gx

14. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Just tried out Skies of Arcadia (NTSC-U). using DM2.0+ on USB Loader GX and it prompted me to copy the game over to a freakin' SD card. Why? I don't know. Other games don't prompt me, but this one does.

15. dancemonkey

dancemonkey GBAtemp Regular

Do you mean the box that comes up with 4 options? Does that for all of my games that are in USB. Cyan just added a quick patch to allow you to run from USB, do you still have your SD card in? The others may not bring up the menu as they are already on SD.

16. THEacekardFREAK1

THEacekardFREAK1 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I would like to know if I use Dios Mios v2.0 will I still be able to play my GC Backups from disc and does the emulated memory card feature work well? If I can't play games from disc how can I remove Dios Mios? I would like to know this before trying it out.

17. AngryGreek766

AngryGreek766 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i cant play my retail gc disks unless a usb is connected to the wii lol..

18. ComeTurismO

Canada
    WOW!

This works on any Wii Model?

19. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Netherlands
    It works, but on newer models with NO GC controller ports it will be useless..

20. FIX94

FIX94 Former Staff
    Former Staff

Germany
    Theoretially yes, well if you have those new wiis without gamecube controller port you cant control ingame, but yes you can boot games ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (Lite),