Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to ask, what is the highest capacity SD Card that is supported with the Wii?

Would it be possible to format it to fat32 to have 64kb clusters?

Also... apart from DML, would it be supported with everything else?

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed there are popular threads on the Dolphin forums where they are embedding a Nand directory structure with GeckoOs installed on it, with Gamecube games placed into an emulated sd.raw file. All this placed within an .iso container.

This I find interesting if this idea could take off on the Wii as it would open up possibilities of USB loading of Gamecube games without the need to use a real SD card.

Thoughts?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Just to ask, what is the highest capacity SD Card that is supported with the Wii?

The highest possible on a wii is a 32gb sdhc card, next is xdhc whixh isnt supported by the wii system nor homebrew apps.

I noticed there are popular threads on the Dolphin forums where they are embedding a Nand directory structure with GeckoOs installed on it, with Gamecube games placed into an emulated sd.raw file. All this placed within an .iso container.

This I find interesting if this idea could take off on the Wii as it would open up possibilities of USB loading of Gamecube games without the need to use a real SD card.

Thoughts?

sounds nice, this is like a iso full of roms packed with a emulator and played from wiiflow per example, this would be not real usb loading but kinda. I like the idea too.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The highest possible on a wii is a 32gb sdhc card, next is xdhc whixh isnt supported by the wii system nor homebrew apps.
Thanks for letting me know.

By the way... which system menus support SDHC Cards, if I were to use the hackmii installer on another wii?

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
and yet version 1.2 stoped working again... thanks! just the loader screen at my wii

same here i cant get the new DML 1.2 to work, cant get past the GC loader 0.2 screen, also btw 1.0 and 1.1 only boots into a black screen
any suggestion why ??

if not i guess its back to good old dml r58

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

Thoughts?
sounds nice, this is like a iso full of roms packed with a emulator and played from wiiflow per example, this would be not real usb loading but kinda. I like the idea too.
I'm no expert about what the implementation details would entail but "emulating" Gamecube PowerPC code on a Wii PowerPC procssor seems like it would practically be 1:1 with nearly no lag, especially since the graphics chip is so similar.

Edit : maybe someone with some more technical understanding should write an email to the the Dolphin developers and see if they have any insight into how something like that might be implemented on the Wii.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country

Thoughts?
I'm no expert about what the implementation details would entail but "emulating" Gamecube PowerPC code on a Wii PowerPC procssor seems like it would practically be 1:1 with nearly no lag, especially since the graphics chip is so similar.

Edit : maybe someone with some more technical understanding should write an email to the the Dolphin developers and see if they have any insight into how something like that might be implemented on the Wii.
With dolphin it's more simple to emulate the "drive" than it is on the wii so I'm sorry but I don't see this "work around" working on the wii...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just that you guys know, new DML v1.3 adds 480p patch, to use just use my DML booter v1.01 and enable PAL/NTSC 480p (patched), already tested it and works just fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64