Status
Not open for further replies.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To gx users and dml 1.2:

DML 1.2 works for me but not the way it should.
Upon loading a game, Mariokart DD for instance, it loads fine.
The problem is, USB loader gx ( or DML ) will ONLY load that game.
NO matter what game you Pick after, it will still load you last working game. In this example, Mariokart DD.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Not trying to be rude but the sizes I mentioned are what they took in my hard drive, I didn't say anything about the SD card, I bought a 32GB SD card and I have about 3GB worth of Wiiware and emulators and homebrew stuff on it, my whole GC collection while compressed with GCUtility and compressed as .rar combined together are around 22GB yet when I converted them to the DML format they took exactly 32GB on my hard drive making me only able to copy 75% of my GC games on the 32GB SD while getting yet another 8GB SD only for those few games left, I'm not complaining or anything but I'm only reporting my problem, maybe I'm doing something wrong, idk, but I always choose "compress" when converting the games with DiscEX except for Virtua Striker 2002 since I noticed the game only works when not compressed, I will report that I ripped my own disks and didn't download them off the internet!
Oh, I get it. Yeah, I guess it's not the best use of the term "compress".
All it DiscEX actually does is similar to what GCUtility does. It strips off the padding at the beginning of the disk that the manufacturer added to move the files out to the edge of the disk where it's faster to read. It then ends up smaller and, therefore "compressed".
It doesn't really compress it in terms of the RAR or ZIP compression. I never thought about it but I guess for some reason the resulting image file might be harder for that kind of compression program to really shrink down any further.

I think an actual compressed disk image would be going from ISO format to CISO format. (like what uLoader uses.) I think that's the same as changing from GCM files to GCZ in terms of the Dolphin emulator for PC but, unfortunately, DML doesn't support that. My guess is that it would slow down reading times, too, which is a trade-off many are not willing to make.

Oh this explains it then, yeah I noticed GCZ format shrinks files even more and I hoped for something like that to be used in DML like how USB Loader does with wfbs format, but if it slows down performance then I rather speed over space, like I said I'm not complaining, DML team already done what I always dreamed of and aside from 3 games that work with no audio and 4 games that still need disk "only at the beginning" all my GC games work fine in DML and I couldn't be any happier!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I fixed it! I went into the settings and turned on No Disc, set the video mode manually to NTSC480i, and set the loader method to "old". Now Super Mario Sunshine boots for me.
biggrin.gif

Anyone gotten NMM working on any games in 1.2?
Could you please try dml booter 1.01? Boot method "new" should work now again.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
it works! thanks, but still i prever 1.1 for it works with usb-loader gx r1156 (it looks by far better) if someone could make usb-loader gx works i'd be really happy

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
It's weird that DML r58 or r59 + DML booter v1.01 works no problem for me
(Super Mario Sunshine , no disc patch=on, boot method=new).

However,the same config. only shows "GCloader 0.2 screen" if I change to DML v1.2

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guess NMM isnt active in 1.02 since it still isnt pikcing up memory cards on games that worked before, even with your new booter

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A few questions

How do you delete the NGC from the sd card?

Does it prompt you to delete it if there's not enough space for the next game you try to play?

How can you exit the NGC game and get back to the wii menu?

I am using CFG Loader Modv27 and have DMLr58[MIOS-v10].wad installed.

In CFG loader i selected the no disc option to ON and the R51 option to ON.

Should i update to the 1.2?

Also i get what the no disc option does but what exactly is the R51 option for?

Also i keep seeing people reference NMM in this thread. I've searched through pages but still can't find what it stands for.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
To do it manually, you can go to the "games" folder on your SD card with WiiXplorer and delete the folder from there. The folders in there are named by each games' GameID. A lot of loaders have a button to delete them off of there, too.
Does it prompt you to delete it if there's not enough space for the next game you try to play?
I assume from your post on the other thread that you're talking about when it automatically copies it over from USB to be played on SD. That's something the loader does and some loaders don't do it at all so it depends on which one you're using.
Since DML changes the Wii to Gamecube mode the only way out of gamecube mode is turning it off.
You could always turn it off with the controller button combination and then have your wiimote handy to turn it back on again and go to the system menu that way.
I am using CFG Loader Modv27 and have DMLr58[MIOS-v10].wad installed.
In CFG loader i selected the no disc option to ON and the R51 option to ON.
Sorry, I don't know much about CFG. You could always install it and try it and then change back if it doesn't work for you.
Also i get what the no disc option does but what exactly is the R51 option for?
...???...
Edit : Oh, I get it, that's to tell CFG Loader whether or not you have a version of DML that's higher/lower than r51. (I'm not sure which, though, higher or lower.)
Also i keep seeing people reference NMM in this thread. I've searched through pages but still can't find what it stands for.
It means "No More Memory cards." It tried to use the SD card to save instead of the Gamecube memory cards.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Simply connect you SD to the PC and delete the game folder from the "games" folder on the SD!

In case you were running the game from a USB then I can confirm out of experience that it doesn't promote you to delete the extra space and it may in fact erase your entire SD, I recommend to copy the games simply from the PC instead of using a UBS but it's your call!

Normally this isn't possible because on Wii you can't go back to the Wii menu in Gamecube mode, however the team added a cool feature that works in r58 and up, just press R+Z+Start on the GC controller "Player 1" and it'll reset your Wii, simple as that, however there are some games that still don't work like that such as Luigi's Mansion!

Well I recommend not to bother with the update for now, I haven't updated yet and am still on r58, it's still the last stable version!

NMM = No More Memory, it's for those who don't have a GC memory card, but I hear it doesn't work with all games still, I can't tell for sure since I have 3 GC memory cards so I don't use this!

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally this isn't possible because on Wii you can't go back to the Wii menu in Gamecube mode, however the team added a cool feature that works in r58 and up, just press R+Z+Start on the GC controller "Player 1" and it'll reset your Wii, simple as that, however there are some games that still don't work like that such as Luigi's Mansion!

The original Super Monkey Ball also doesn't support soft resetting and I'm using r59 compiled from source

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Interesting, I thought that was just a soft reset and brought you back to the beginning of the same Gamecube game similar to the reset button on the original Gamecube. (I haven't been gotten around to trying it myself, though).

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea if i got the no disc version or not. How can i tell?

I turn on the no disc option in cfg loader settings to "ON"

There is no disc in the wii drive.

I did figure out the problem though.I was turning the R51 setting to "ON" because i thought it was needed. I turned it off and now the games boot just fine.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The original Super Monkey Ball also doesn't support soft resetting and I'm using r59 compiled from source

Latest DML (i.e. v1.2) has another padread hook (found by crediar from Luigi's Mansion game for NTSC version so you could use it now for this game), give it a try to see whether the hook works now.

If you want to add that new padread hook yourself to r59, add this line (i.e. "PadRead D" signature):

http://code.google.c...nk/Patches.c#99

to your r59 Patches.c file and recompile it.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 person

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it! I went into the settings and turned on No Disc, set the video mode manually to NTSC480i, and set the loader method to "old". Now Super Mario Sunshine boots for me.
biggrin.gif

Anyone gotten NMM working on any games in 1.2?
Could you please try dml booter 1.01? Boot method "new" should work now again.

That fixed it. Thanks! NMM still won't work with Sunshine. Looks like I'll have to break the bank and buy one for 2 dollars. xD

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting, I thought that was just a soft reset and brought you back to the beginning of the same Gamecube game similar to the reset button on the original Gamecube. (I haven't been gotten around to trying it myself, though).

I'm not sure if soft reset is even possible, though it would be cool, if USB Loader can't soft reset Wii games I'm not sure if Gamecube could!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I'm not sure if soft reset is even possible, though it would be cool, if USB Loader can't soft reset Wii games I'm not sure if Gamecube could!

Both ways of loading have soft resets.
Did you try?

as for questions about space/ deleting/ copying gc games from hdd from a loader:

Use usb loader gx latest beta.
Everything is promted, when space is'nt available it asks if you want to delete a game.
No need to take your sd card out.
after that it allows you to install a game right from your usb drive.
It FULLY implemened in the latest usb loader gx beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: