Review Dingoo A320 unofficial review

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have ordered my Dingoo A320 about a week ago and only now has it entered the packaging stage
frown.gif
I should be getting it in about 2 weeks
wink.gif
As you said in your P.M. P1ng 3 weeks is the charm
smile.gif
I just hope there are no major storms during its trip!

IchigoSJ said:
But how good does the radio work since you didn't mention it only that it has it and it says that the radio can go from from 76.0MHz~108.0MHz what if I wanted to listen to a radio channel below 76.0.

Shoot I would be glad to have a radio tuner like that, as my car radio only goes down to 80 something MHz. Also I think most radio stations in the US broadcast in this range, anything lower may just be ham radios
wink.gif
(that is if they still have those)

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I might get one of these, I like the idea of it using that many emulators, also is there going to be an NDS emulator for it?

ROBOSMASH

Trophies
XP
Country
Dingoo A320 is worth it of purchasing! Now with Boo boo's Dingux (Linux) it has of more possibilities for applications and game ports.

Good review!!!!
yaynds.gif

mucus

Orc Orc Orc
Trophies
XP
Country
p1ngpong this is quite an excellent review!
I heard a bit about this device on the IRC chat, but i was completely unfamiliar with it.
This is a very well formed and in depth review of this device!
It's sad to see no support for some systems, but playing mostly anything retro is sweet, the size looks awesome as well!
I might have to get one now that you've enlightened me.

shaosam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you go a bit more indepth on the emulators? For example, does the NES emulator support all the mappers that are required for the music in Akumajou Densetsu (the Japanese version of Castlevania III)? Does it run games like StarTropics 1 and 2? Can it play the special sound effects in Kung Fu?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish it had some bigger internal memory, but I could live. I've been looking for a replacement to my iPod, since it is pretty old, and this looks nice. It's small, practical, and has a lot of cool features. Sure, I could cover pretty much all the bases with my DS and iPod, but it's nice to have a mix.

And for $80 it's a consideration. My family's a little money tight this year, with my dad losing his job, so maybe this could fill the bill. Either that or a portable hard drive for games.

djshok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great review. I'm still monitoring the Dingoo communities for new developments before I buy mine, but for an "out of the box" review this has been the most comprehensive and complete one I've seen so far. Good job!

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Kalisiin said:
airss said:
How about the GP2X WiZ ?
It can run many Emulation Software too.

Which is better ?

Well, this would have to be a HELL of a lot better to make it worth it, seeing as how it's twice the price of the Dingoo.

I haven't tried a Wiz out but as Kalisiin said it is a much more expensive option, more then twice the price. But going by it specifications its CPU can be over clocked to twice that of the Dingoo, it has twice the RAM and it has a 3D accelerator. So yeah its way more powerful. Media wise natively it doesn't support any where near as many formats as the Dingoo though. And TV outs and things like that must be bought separately.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Kalisiin said:
airss said:
How about the GP2X WiZ ?
It can run many Emulation Software too.

Which is better ?

Well, this would have to be a HELL of a lot better to make it worth it, seeing as how it's twice the price of the Dingoo.

I haven't tried a Wiz out but as Kalisiin it is a much more expensive option, more then twice the price. But going by it specifications its CPU can be over clocked to twice that of the Dingoo, it has twice the RAM and it has a 3D accelerator. So yeah its way more powerful. Media wise natively it doesn't support any where near as many formats as the Dingoo though. And TV outs and things like that must be bought separately.

Not to mention the incalculable value of the fact that a large homebrew community comes with the Dingoo...I have heard nothing about any large homebrew community surrounding the Wiz. I guess part of the equation would have to be exactly what you were using the device FOR...which would be better for your specific needs. I suspect some would find the dingoo fits them better, and others, the Wiz. I don't think there really would be an objective answer to "which is better" it would more be a question of which is better for you...what are you wanting to get out of it...which one gives you more of what you, specifically, are wanting?

Chris23235

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great review, I have my Dingoo for about a month now and I'm pretty happy with it, first thing I did was installing Dingux (Linux) on it, there is an Idiot Guide for installing Linux here:
http://www.dingoo-scene.com/TheCompleteidi...nguxWindoze.htm
It isn't complicated and only takes 10 minutes to have an alternative OS on your Dingoo, toddler compiles a Linux distribution for the Dingoo quite regulary, if you want to know what emus/games/apps are already ported, take a look at it here
http://a320.freeforums.org/fat32-sd-image-...05-am-t813.html
Overall the additional Linux improves the Dingux greatly, in my opinion the MD emulation under Linux is superior to these on the native OS. But even without Linux I would still be happy with the Dingoo, it's a very nice media player and you have all those usable emulators build in, for a relatively small price.
I bought mine from an ebay seller in china, it's not very risky, cause you can pay with PayPal and you can be sure to get your product, cause otherwise you can always cancel the deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb