Country
United States
gameboy and gbc now work on the original firmware
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif
gbasp.gif

This system rocks but needs more work on the more advance emus however sega master system nes and gameboy are 97-100% compabile with roms and run near perfect on most games and for me to have every gb and gbc game on a console that looks like a micro with the majority working and working well makes it well worth the 80-90 price range.
I cant wait till gba and snes works properly but with dingux you get extra games working which is nice.
I think in the next year or so with more work on the dingoo this system will step up as a must have , right now its nice to own but not vital.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have a question. How is the Text To Speech function implemented? Does it work at all?

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
I have a question. How is the Text To Speech function implemented? Does it work at all?
I haven't tried it yet, just got mine today, but I believe it was covered in the original post on this thread...

Heck, I'm going nuts trying to install Dingux at the moment, it's making my head spin...even with "The Complete Idiot's Guide To Installing Dingux" which must mean I am even worse than a complete idiot.

These devices sure make me feel that way, sometimes!!

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:

Got it for you, just noodling around.
Open the E-Book, and pick your .txt file.

hit the Select button, and it will have you input, basically, where it should start reading from.

then, press Start and it will start reading. Press Select to make it stop.

I only have the default .txt files in at the moment, all in Chinese, so it read to me in Chinese, lol.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Veho said:

Like I said in the review, text to speech is ok but has problems. The voice of the female has a Chinese accent which sometimes makes it hard to understand what she is saying. Also any numbers get read out in Chinese, which isnt great lol. It works fairly well besides that, but is unfortunately only limited to .txt files.

edit: I just saw your other question about bitrates, I completely missed that one, so sorry for the late reply. Its not a bitrate issue as such, I play similar sized files with similar bitrates and one will work flawlessly and the other will stutter around. Obviously if the bitrate is massively high it will give it problems. To be completely honest what plays smoothly and what doesn't is a slightly random affair as far as I can tell.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thanks for the replies, guys. Pingy, I totally forgot you already commented on the TTS function in your review, sorry. I vaguely remembered reading something about it somewhere, but I totally forgot it was in fact here
unsure.gif
I'm getting senile.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iwakura said:
Strangely, they decided to use "B" as "confirm" and "X" as "Back". While it totally goes against everything I've ever learned about gaming, the buttons become a lot more usable with that setup
tongue.gif
in JP
that area is always usually confirm

you probably noticed this on many konami games

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys I got mine about a week ago
wink.gif

Its beautiful, it works with any of my movies I throw at it
smile.gif

Music too
smile.gif

GBA games are meh, but I think I'll be getting something to remedy that situation
biggrin.gif

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you know what pissed me off about this? one, dust under the lcd. (i have ocd by the way, so that's a problem for me). two, taking off the screen protector only to realise the screen scratches like a bitch (my eyegalss clothe put a huge scratch on my screen). luckily, i got to clean it with water and reapplied it, covering the scratch though it looks pretty tacky now.

other than those (even though they're pretty big problems FOR ME), this was the best purchase i've made possibly in life.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
i love the tv attachment
most genesis games run like a dream and i can watch a ton of movies anywhere also text to speech + tv monitor to follow words is a dream for studying.

i cant wait till this system gets more advance with its emus and a fully working gba one comes out
yaypsp.gif

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
For all you who are looking to buy a Dingoo...

The very best thing you can do for yourself, on getting it...is to Google up

"The Complete Idiot's Guide To Installing Dingux."

It's a complicated process....and that guide helped even THIS complete idiot to install it...not once, now, but TWICE.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to add that I'm actually still on firmware 1.01... I just realized that after tinkering with it for the first time in like a few months.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1