Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
are these Dingoo things really worth it though? most of us can just play emulated games on our DS or PSP already...

Yeah, but if Nintendo/Sony get their way, we won't be able to. Hence, the Dingoo is a good thing, maybe, to have.

It also seems one does not need any sort of Acekard or anything for a Dingoo to work...it just works out of the box...takes an SD card...and no one will ever try to screw up your Dingoo...like Nintendo/Sony will try to screw up your Acekard, etc.

SO...my conclusion is that the Dingoo would be a good idea for someone like me, who just wants to do what I want to do, without hassle.

Again, a list of reliable dealers where one may purchase a Dingoo would be helpful.

I'm not sure if I'd get one or not, I think I well might...BUT...the main reason I bring this up is because this is the one thing missing from the review...WHERE ONE WOULD OBTAIN A DINGOO.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
syko5150 said:
are these Dingoo things really worth it though? most of us can just play emulated games on our DS or PSP already...

Yeah, but if Nintendo/Sony get their way, we won't be able to. Hence, the Dingoo is a good thing, maybe, to have.

It also seems one does not need any sort of Acekard or anything for a Dingoo to work...it just works out of the box...takes an SD card...and no one will ever try to screw up your Dingoo...like Nintendo/Sony will try to screw up your Acekard, etc.

SO...my conclusion is that the Dingoo would be a good idea for someone like me, who just wants to do what I want to do, without hassle.

Again, a list of reliable dealers where one may purchase a Dingoo would be helpful.

I'm not sure if I'd get one or not, I think I well might...BUT...the main reason I bring this up is because this is the one thing missing from the review...WHERE ONE WOULD OBTAIN A DINGOO.

how are they going to get in the way of us already emulating games? but having a dingoo just seems like great i'm going to have to carry something else with me when i go out lol i already have my DSi(btw i don't update my firmware) i'm not interested in anything the DSi has to offer at this point and time.

Edit:although i told you that on our other discussion LOL

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
Kalisiin said:
syko5150 said:

how are they going to get in the way of us already emulating games? but having a dingoo just seems like great i'm going to have to carry something else with me when i go out lol i already have my DSi(btw i don't update my firmware) i'm not interested in anything the DSi has to offer at this point and time.

Edit:although i told you that on our other discussion LOL

LOL, true...but I just might get a Dingoo, too. Why? Just because I take my gaming freedom seriously, man. I never want to be in a situation where my gaming freedom has been taken from me. Would rather die.

I spend almost every minute that I am not working....GAMING!! It's what I do. And I don't like anyone telling me I can't do something I want to do. The more Nintendo pushes...and acts like jerks about it...the more tempted I become to actually pirate...instead of what I do now...which is just to back up what I already own, play other people's homebrew, and an occasional download in advance of a game I'm considering buying...so that I don't end up plopping down 50 bucks on a game that turns out to suck.

A great example of this is Ghostbusters. I loved the movie. I mighta bought that game. Woulda sucked if I had...it turned out that I found the controls next to impossible to work, and I didn't enjoy the game as a result.

So I saved the fifty bucks. Needless to say, I also deleted the ROM. Why would I want a ROM of a game I think sucks?

On the other hand...if the game turns out to be good, then I would go and buy it...and keep my ROM, too.

Like I said, I just don't like Nintendo's shitty attitude about the whole thing.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
I just got one from deal extreme pretty quick postage and it came quickly, havent modded it with dingux or anything .
the built in games only 2 are good 7 day salvation - re/silent hill rip off but still pretty cool and ultimate drift.
nes emulation is pretty accurate , snes is buggy on some games work well EVO search for eden but other ones that work need frame skip to be edited but id say 50% were working alright .

the best thing i like is the tv input where you can just take the dingoo plug it in and play nes or watch movies .
and since im a rm and rmvb fan i love watching movies on it and most were playing reasonably well - a little streached out on the tv.

ebook reader - alright , text to speech sucks - Asian woman voice that reads Chinese numbers

The dingoo is less then a years old and has a ton of homebrew and ports built on it , with more emulators being made it should be super good one day but right now its still pretty good.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nice little review there but i feel a psp is a better choice for emulation plus it has a better screen and buttons too and it plays psp games so thats a a bonus.

Posts merged

nice little review there but i feel a psp is a better choice for emulation plus it has a better screen and buttons too and it plays psp games so thats a a bonus.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how good does the radio work since you didn't mention it only that it has it and it says that the radio can go from from 76.0MHz~108.0MHz what if I wanted to listen to a radio channel below 76.0.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
... Fast reply disappeared. Oh well.

Anyway. Nice review P1ng. It gave me thoughts about getting one or not. I thought it had perfect emulation... But I guess I was wrong to believe in that. Other than that, I would like to use this as a multimedia player. It is pretty useful. It does a lot of things better than other things. It plays videos and music, which cuts out MP3, iPods and other multimedia players out of it. It has an emulator that plays a different types of console games, which cuts out GBA, and our favourite, the big consoles xDD. Like anyone would bring that everywhere... So it is good. To have it.

It reduces that load you bring everywhere to be satisfied, and what not. So I think you rated it fairly well. I might consider buying one or asking for one in Christmas. GBA games I would look forward to playing are like the Pokemon series, Fire Emblem (BIG FAN!) and Golden Sun (BIG FAN!). I don't want to ask for too much, but could you test the Fire Emblem series and the Golden Sun series for me? If it doesn't lag, it will give me a good reason to get one now xDD.

It also has a SD Slot, does it not? If it does, another big plus!

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
IchigoSJ said:
But how good does the radio work since you didn't mention it only that it has it and it says that the radio can go from from 76.0MHz~108.0MHz what if I wanted to listen to a radio channel below 76.0.
Well, then I guess you'd be out of luck, wouldn't you?

Since normal FM radios only run a range from 88.0MHz - 108.0 MHz, I think what the Dingoo has should serve you fine.

What on Earth did you think they'd have below 76.0 anyway?

God, you remind me a bit of George Carlin talking about the AM radio, and about how it ends at 540, and you wonder why it ends there..."What kind of good stuff are we missing on 420??" asks Carlin.

Fact is, I don't think that the range on the Dingoo is going to be any real problem for you.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
IchigoSJ said:
Well, then I guess you'd be out of luck, wouldn't you?

Since normal FM radios only run a range from 88.0MHz - 108.0 MHz, I think what the Dingoo has should serve you fine.

What on Earth did you think they'd have below 76.0 anyway?

God, you remind me a bit of George Carlin talking about the AM radio, and about how it ends at 540, and you wonder why it ends there..."What kind of good stuff are we missing on 420??" asks Carlin.

Fact is, I don't think that the range on the Dingoo is going to be any real problem for you.
Actually I have 2 radio channels below 76.0 that I listen to and my cellphone radio can play those just fine so I was thinking that maybe the dingooA320 could.

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nice review p1ngpong! I really don't like Dingoo anyway.

Dingoo is not available in major retail stores in most industrial contries. I'm just wondering where can I buy Dingoo A320.

Of course, iPod touch/iPhone and PSP is much powerful than Dingoo, and it has no 3D capabilities.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
Dingoo is not available in major retail stores in most industrial contries. I'm just wondering where can I buy Dingoo A320.

4coolday.com has got the hookup
wink.gif

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:

Of course, iPod touch/iPhone and PSP is much powerful than Dingoo, and it has no 3D capabilities.
Of course it isn't available that way. You gotta get them online. This is a device that is almost blatantly for emulation, and so, it wouldn't be carried by most retailers.

Although I have found a perfectly legitimate business use for the Dingoo...which means I was able to get myself one on my business account.

Some of you know I am a transcriptionist. I use the audio recording/playback capacities of the Dingoo, in order to run speech files from speech - to - text. Download the WMA file from the website, onto the main computer, put it on the Dingoo thru the USB hookup, and then play it back to the Speech-to-Text program on the Dingoo thru a Line-In hookup. It works beautifully...better than any other method I have tried to make this work...it gets me, literally, 100 percent accuracy!!

Plus, it's a lot smaller on my desk than having a laptop doing the same thing I can use the Dingoo for! So what if the Dingoo CAN (and will) be used for other things? The point is, it has a viable business application for me, LOL!! Fact is that I HAVE to transfer these sound files via the "line-in" method...no other method totally eliminates background noise that affects sound quality, and thus, accuracy.

So there....there's at least one perfectly legitimate use for the Dingoo. Like I said, it doesn't matter if I plan on using it for other things. (Including hooking it up to my computer screen to play games, LOL)

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Sonicslasher said:
Could you try out some MAME 2d fighter games to see how well those work on it?

Not much point in bothering with MAME on it for beat em ups. The Romset is pretty limited, besides you have CPS1+2 and NeoGeo for your beat em up needs. These work fairly well for even the higher end games when over clocked.

jalaneme said:

Thanks jalaneme, but what you guys should consider is just how small and portable the dingoo is, especially compared to a psp. Plus the screen on it is pretty nice, and its pretty darn cheap too. Im not saying its an alternative to either a psp or DS by any means, but for what it is its a very nice handheld. And if you are looking into getting one of the cheap China made handhelds the Dingoo is certainly one to look at.

IchigoSJ said:

To be honest I dont use the radio much, I gave it a quick go for the purposes of the review. You should consider the radio as a nice bonus which neither the PSP or DS can boast to have. I mean it plays MP3's anyway so what do you want?

Quick answer to you question, if you want to listen to a radio channel below 76.0, go buy a handheld radio.

yaypsp.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(IchigoSJ @ Sep 16 2009, 10:14 PM)
Actually I have 2 radio channels below 76.0 that I listen to and my cellphone radio can play those just fine so I was thinking that maybe the dingooA320 could.

There you go, use your cell phone instead!

yaypsp.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
antonkan said:

You miss the point of it entirely antonkan. You are comparing a handheld thats made made by a small Chinese company, purely for the purposes of emulating decade old systems, to new, far more expensive systems made by apple and sony.

And most iPod touch/iPhone games suck balls anyway.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I have been using mine for a couple weeks, its definitely worth it, I still have absolutely no clue how to update the firmware and shit but I don't really care because it works fine
tongue.gif

I find that most SNES games work pretty good, the sound is usually fucked up but I mostly play it in school so I can't play it with sound anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k