Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will release Likely in the middle of summer. They are not slow because they want to be, but because they have to be. Japan has very strict standards when it comes to education and getting a test right can make or break your future there. So naturally their hobbies like this are going to be lowest on their personal priorities. Cry all you like but it's not gonna change things rather it will be completely counterproductive because it would make them feel their work is all for naught. What you should be sharing is words of encouragement both for them personally and this project that generates positive stress that would give them the confidence to ace their studies and give them more time and confidence thus this project will finish sooner. So think about it. Complaints will not make it go any faster. Support will. and on a further note yes I know there are also Americans working on this but the same rules for tests and studies apply. Thank you.

lol nice way to cover your ass at the end there man. But you do have a point. studies are far more important then getting the patch sooner, plus think of it this way, they fail the test, thats MORE time taken away from the project for retests and more studing and such.

Reactions: THWAMP_THING

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey pong i cant find the link and i have been here for 1 whole week can you pls send me the link
you realize we can tell thats a complete lie, the account was made just yesterday. plus rules say there will be no links to the patch posted, kinda rude of you to ask

{krimson}

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, i've just joined this community in order to give my cheers to the team involved in the translation of this great game, you're doing a great job and i can't wait to see it done :)
Keep up the good work, ya got people cheering you up from different part of the World :)

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
The comment section is filled with "Wtf?! It's in Japaneseeeeee!!".
Hate it when people upload videos like these. :glare:

The ones making fake videos/pages filled with ads and a gigantic list of tags and nothing else about "English version of JP-exclusive X game" or "Latest System X emulator" have a special place in hell.
For starters stuff like this caused the video about he first legit PS3 emulator to get shut down as "spam". And it's very difficult because of this to research pre-release videos of cancelled localizations (like Tetra Trackers or that blacksmith DS game) and sort it out among all of this junk.

Reactions: Skelletonike

fayt666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acually there is a patch out there somewhere i played the patched version.

I will tell you however it like 30 percent translated and outdated back to 2012.
the one i had was
Translation Log i had of translation patch
- Digimon Names – 100%
- Menu – 90%
- Item – 80%
- Item Description – 10%
- Area Names – 40%
what i played makes me patient and love to see finished product one day.

hopefully seen as there translation is progressed way more it be done by end 2014 beginning 2015 hopefully.
hope they do good on studies and have fun.

sarah24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a post a while back that the translation team wont be putting up the game with the patch, were gonna need to buy a Japanese verson of the game ($17-$30) and hack our psp's (region locked) or get a Japanese psp ($148). it sucks as I don't have any computer skills for hacking lol

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a post a while back that the translation team wont be putting up the game with the patch, were gonna need to buy a Japanese verson of the game ($17-$30) and hack our psp's (region locked) or get a Japanese psp ($148). it sucks as I don't have any computer skills for hacking lol
Well, of course they aren't going to provide you with the game... that is illegal.

Anyway, you don't need a real PSP, just download PPSSPP.

Reactions: Skelletonike

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSSPP will work like Neoxephon suggested. Also, if you do have a PSP, there are plenty of guides on the forums for soft modding them. They're so easy to mod anymore, I doubt you'd have any real problems with it.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Isn't it like a normal translation that will simply provide the patch though? o.O
And didn't know the psp was region locked, I have a Go and I can access all the stores.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
PPSSPP will work like Neoxephon suggested. Also, if you do have a PSP, there are plenty of guides on the forums for soft modding them. They're so easy to mod anymore, I doubt you'd have any real problems with it.

I'd rather go with PPSSPP cause the game runs in 30 FPS while on PSP on 20 FPS

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, normally that's how a translation is released. Providing a patch means they aren't redistributing any of the game's assets.

That's what I expected, but that previous comment got me somewhat confused as to what they were talking about. I recall reading a while back about a GC SRW translation which was being done via the emulator itself, so since that member up there mentioned that stuff, I wondered if it'd be something similar:

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I expected, but that previous comment got me somewhat confused as to what they were talking about. I recall reading a while back about a GC SRW translation which was being done via the emulator itself, so since that member up there mentioned that stuff, I wondered if it'd be something similar:

That's a very... unique way of going about it. lol

That's not normally possible, it appears they are using a special version of Dolphin that allows them to load custom textures. They aren't actually hacking the game itself.

What sarah24 was suggesting, I think, was a pre-patched ISO being put up for download.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's a very... unique way of going about it. lol

That's not normally possible, it appears they are using a special version of Dolphin that allows them to load custom textures. They aren't actually hacking the game itself.

What sarah24 was suggesting, I think, was a pre-patched ISO being put up for download.

Yeah, first time I saw a translation like that as well, although I believe it ends up being more troublesome since everything, needs to be translated more than once.

Unfortunately, a lot of people forget to read the rules where it clearly states that games or pirate content can't be uploaded to the website.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty