Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,591,431
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Freakmon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow

Keep up the good work guys. I'm siked for patches of Digimon World Re:Digitize, Digimon Story: Lost Evolution, and for the completion of the patch for Digimon Adventure. Digimon is what has been lacking from my life atm lol. Can't thank the patching squads enough for all they've done and continue to do.

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been sat at work playing Digimon World DS and Dawn/Dusk countless times over the past year or two and I'm really excited for this patch to be released!
There is only so many times you can play the same game from start to finish...

Does anybody know if there is a translation project for Super Xros Wars Red/Blue?

yugix - If you need somebody to check over the translation to make sure it is in proper English then I don't mind investing a little time to do it.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Does anybody know if there is a translation project for Super Xros Wars Red/Blue?
yugix - If you need somebody to check over the translation to make sure it is in proper English then I don't mind investing a little time to do it.

AFAIK nobody's working on a translation for those games. it's a shame :/

Reactions: Hookko

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
A Spanish user was working on it, eveb posted here, if I recall correctly they uploaded some tools to translate either script or attacks

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
No, it takes game text from the "PAK" file directly. I don't think it will work for other games.

About the tool, are you guys gonna release it so people can translate the game in other languages?

Ohh and Digimon Xross Wars DS has the same PAK files structure so probably it would work with it too.

Ailwuful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A Spanish user was working on it, eveb posted here, if I recall correctly they uploaded some tools to translate either script or attacks

I would be pretty content with playing Xros wars with only translated gameplay and systems. I couldn't understand a thing of the gameplay of Xros wars, making it kind of unplayable, different from Lost Evolution, which is a lot more simple.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I would be pretty content with playing Xros wars with only translated gameplay and systems. I couldn't understand a thing of the gameplay of Xros wars, making it kind of unplayable, different from Lost Evolution, which is a lot more simple.

I know, I played a bit of it and it was very different from lost evolution or dawn/dusk. The story is quite different too, I watched the anime, the game even have tourneys where you an face Koh, Sayo, and even the Lost Evolution MC.

Edit: I found a lot of juicy info regarding Super Xros Wars inner workings on a spanish forums, it does not look quite hard, if anyone finds it useful I can translate it and post it here.

There even seems to be some script files uncompressed, here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q416kc8l218bv1c/Digimon Story - Super Xros Wars.rar

I did not do this, it's all thanks to CUE from the romxhack forums.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Takeshi55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So will this game be translated by the end of this year, sooner or later? I really like Digimon games, but I only have 4 English Digimon games and I want to play one I haven't played yet.

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So will this game be translated by the end of this year, sooner or later? I really like Digimon games, but I only have 4 English Digimon games and I want to play one I haven't played yet.

Which games have you played?
I have:
Digimon World (PSX)
Digimon World 2 (PSX)
Digimon World 3 (PSX)
Digimon World DS (NDS)
Digimon World Dawn/Dusk (NDS)
Digimon World Chamionships (NDS)

There is no ETA on the translation patch so I would recommend finding something else to play indefinitely while you wait, Yugix might be kind enough to give you a ballpark guestimate but it probably wouldn't be anything more than that, so don't expect it to be out at that date exactly.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no ETA on the translation patch so I would recommend finding something else to play indefinitely while you wait, Yugix might be kind enough to give you a ballpark guestimate but it probably wouldn't be anything more than that, so don't expect it to be out at that date exactly.

We're a lot closer than we used to be, our progress is really bursty rather than a consistent ride.

this year, don't quote me

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the DS games which were translated.

"Translated" is a little strong. Digimon video games are a frustrating topic for me. Either they get localized in English with their story and other aspects garbled (obscuring the facts about the game), or they don't get localized and no one bothers to do an accurate translation.

AlephOzone

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question: Does this game have passwords to unlock special equipment and the scan data of special digimon, like in Dawn and Dusk?

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question: Does this game have passwords to unlock special equipment and the scan data of special digimon, like in Dawn and Dusk?

There are codes you can enter, but not for special equipment, for quests instead.

Speak to Valkyriemon on the island where you access WiFi

Unlocks Aegisdramon Quest - AEGD2010
Unlocks Craniummon Quest - CRNM2005
Unlocks Examon Quest - EXAM2007
Unlocks UlForceVeedramon Quest - UFVD2002

As Lost Evolution was never translated these codes will most definitely be for the (J) version of the game - They will probably work for this patch as it is an upgraded (J) version but don't quote me on that, you'll have to find out.

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So you need wifi to get onto them? But the wifi is down anyway, so that means you can't complete the game. :/

Not necessarily, it only stipulates that you have to be on the island where you access WiFi, not that you actually have to use WiFi, or need WiFi to get on the island. So it might be okay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game