Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,594,202
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Amyy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But will the game be grammatically correct? Because it really looks like it won't, based on the screenshots.

Aaron Chmielowiec

Wielder of the 4 sacred cheeses
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
The screenshots are ancient. (Well before people like Byuu and myself came on board to try and finish this thing) Take everything you know and throw it out the window. It's all been rewritten anyway. (EDIT> And is still being rewritten)

Amyy>If, when the Alpha/Beta is built, you wish to proofread the resulting English, that may be a possibility (you should talk to Yugix about that when the time comes)

Hookoo> That's fine. The translation is looking better by the day (lots of small things like I mentioned before) but the biggest obstacle is actually putting it all in the game. I have asked the creator of the original tools for assistance so if that part can be sped up then we are much closer to generating an English version of this game.

I actually have other projects I want to work on so I'd really like to push forward to get this thing out much like how Retro Game Challenge 2 and Blood of Bahamut came out this past year. I still want to do Retro Game Exam (Namco) and maybe take a crack at Sigma Harmonics or even Ni no Kuni (DS) since it is significantly different in spots compared to the home console release.

ArtoriasOfCouch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screenshots are ancient. (Well before people like Byuu and myself came on board to try and finish this thing) Take everything you know and throw it out the window. It's all been rewritten anyway. (EDIT> And is still being rewritten)

Amyy>If, when the Alpha/Beta is built, you wish to proofread the resulting English, that may be a possibility (you should talk to Yugix about that when the time comes)

Hookoo> That's fine. The translation is looking better by the day (lots of small things like I mentioned before) but the biggest obstacle is actually putting it all in the game. I have asked the creator of the original tools for assistance so if that part can be sped up then we are much closer to generating an English version of this game.

I actually have other projects I want to work on so I'd really like to push forward to get this thing out much like how Retro Game Challenge 2 and Blood of Bahamut came out this past year. I still want to do Retro Game Exam (Namco) and maybe take a crack at Sigma Harmonics or even Ni no Kuni (DS) since it is significantly different in spots compared to the home console release.

I absolutely love ni no kuni

Reactions: Jediknightjace

Sales_Kital

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can hardly wait for this to be ready, keep up the amazing work ^.^
I hope everything goes well for you guys.

Every time I come back to see how far along the project is, i get amazed by the progress made. I wish there was some way I could help but as it is i already have several projects of my own to deal with.

Hookko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Saw someone ask this in the Digimon re:digitize blog, so i gonna ask this here too.
Do you guys plan to name some minor npcs, itens, or something else with your names?
As a fan of your amazing work i think is a good idea to remember all the effort that was put in this translation project. ^^

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Saw someone ask this in the Digimon re:digitize blog, so i gonna ask this here too.
Do you guys plan to name some minor npcs, itens, or something else with your names?
As a fan of your amazing work i think is a good idea to remember all the effort that was put in this translation project. ^^

Whatever is named after Black-Ice, if anything at all, I can confirm will be overpowered or insanely important ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TheLoneWolfGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever is named after Black-Ice, if anything at all, I can confirm will be overpowered or insanely important ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It will be a cat fore sure ;D
so-you-mad-my-n****-yeah-you-mad-my-n****.jpg

Deanjpeters

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this naming thing is going down I would like to request that the Guilmon be named Epix after myself (my screen name in almost everything)

TheLoneWolfGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a new digimon line named after me! From in training to mega!
Koromon=> L Agumon=> AeroStarmon => ExKnightmon => MachStarKnightmon
=> Garurudramon => FlameWolfmon => LoneWolfmon CM
=> AeroGarudramon => Wolfdramon X

Arcvalons

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi. This is probably the wrong place, but does anyone know if there's just a menu translation released anywhere here? I can do without the story and it usually sucks (it sucked in DWDS and Dawn/Dusk).

Sales_Kital

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. This is probably the wrong place, but does anyone know if there's just a menu translation released anywhere here? I can do without the story and it usually sucks (it sucked in DWDS and Dawn/Dusk).
i highly doubt that they will ever release the translation in parts like that. Also, personally I liked the story in those games.

Reactions: TheLoneWolfGamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_jlLQb2_rM&pp=ygUQSGVyIG5hbWUgaXMgc29ueQ%3D%3D