Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,587,554
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I hate these awkward silence around Hack Projects, shortly before it gets cancelled....
Not Cancelled
Team have lives, jobs etc.

I have a life and much to do, too, but have i also the time to watch this site everyday ~ I don't like this poor excuse anymore -> "They have a life" ... As long as it gets no updates it's cancelled in my eyes ~

Sorry, As much as I hate being mean, I have one thing to tell you. Read the first page carefully and if you didn't like it, I don't care what you think, like or what is in your eyes.
Man, If you think it is easy, try do it yourself.

I'm not a good translator and make a lot of mistakes ( to be honest, I'm interested more in analyzing the packages of ROMs more than translating one --> that's how I continued this project).

To others, thank you for your support. I will try to speed my progress since I get less time everyday to even look at the translation made. Since I learn more with every step in this translation, I return a lot to the previous translated files and correct them. I was thinking of return to scan each file and check what mistakes done. I tried to ask some people, but most of them either have no time or don't have knowledge.

Reactions: 6 people

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate these awkward silence around Hack Projects, shortly before it gets cancelled....
Not Cancelled

I have a life and much to do, too, but have i also the time to watch this site everyday ~ I don't like this poor excuse anymore -> "They have a life" ... As long as it gets no updates it's cancelled in my eyes ~
People like you are the reason people don't like translating games.

VanitasTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.kh-fever.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Haha, oh man xD Guys get your heads out of your butts, this is just my opinion. Don't let you get trolled so fast just because you don't have anything to do ~
Few of you think my Life sucks and it's boring? If you're lives are sooooooo exciting why are you gettin mad because of some random post from a random guy? :DD

If I wouldn't want to play this game I wouldn't have made a post. If i wouldn't think they do the best they can I wouldn't even look at this topic ~

You guys got successfully trolled ~

And sorry to yugix I didn't want to offend you or your work ~

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haha, oh man xD Guys get your heads out of your butts, this is just my opinion. Don't let you get trolled so fast just because you don't have anything to do ~
Few of you think my Life sucks and it's boring? If you're lives are sooooooo exciting why are you gettin mad because of some random post from a random guy? :DD

If I wouldn't want to play this game I wouldn't have made a post. If i wouldn't think they do the best they can I wouldn't even look at this topic ~

Did we get trolled
or have you realised how dumb your post was, and are now trying to make up for it by lying?
Nevertheless, Troll or not your post was stupid. And didnt need to be posted.
Wanna troll? Go to the Edge of The Forum.

Reactions: 8 people

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Like Soul just said, no use covering your ass now. z.z
Oh, and it's not like we're mad at you or anything, just that the amount of stupidity your previous post had was unbearable, most of the active members here read a lot of stupid posts like those, and well, at least to me, it annoys me greatly. =3
Lastly, regarding the boring life thingy, I don't know your life, but clearly saying stuff like "I don't like this poor excuse anymore -> "They have a life" ", the thing is, hacking, translating and editing, it takes an absurd amount of work, some people have busy schedules, they won't just spend all their free time on a project (although some actually do that when they're nearing completion). Point is, it was just a really rude and inconsiderate thing to say.

Edit: Just checked something on this game, and heck... I just love how they look so much like the first Digimon (not only does it show the first ones, but the art style is similar, although the chars look smaller n stuff)
Story.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States

Like Soul just said, no use covering your ass now. z.z
Oh, and it's not like we're mad at you or anything, just that the amount of stupidity your previous post had was unbearable, most of the active members here read a lot of stupid posts like those, and well, at least to me, it annoys me greatly. =3
Lastly, regarding the boring life thingy, I don't know your life, but clearly saying stuff like "I don't like this poor excuse anymore -> "They have a life" ", the thing is, hacking, translating and editing, it takes an absurd amount of work, some people have busy schedules, they won't just spend all their free time on a project (although some actually do that when they're nearing completion). Point is, it was just a really rude and inconsiderate thing to say.

Edit: Just checked something on this game, and heck... I just love how they look so much like the first Digimon (not only does it show the first ones, but the art style is similar, although the chars look smaller n stuff)
Story.jpg
Yeah the art style really is reminiscent of Digimon Adventure. :3

hart37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not Cancelled

Mate watching this site takes 10 secs, translating an entire game takes weeks, months or even years.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, to hopefully get this thread out of the track it seems to be going in.... as the other thread could be used for this.... uh stuff...
The problem I was having was with the ncbr image files. so you have the ncgr image file with pretty much the same image just stored in different tile blocks. I can edit that and (with tinkes help) the ncer that goes with that ncgr. The problem comes into play as the ncer also somehow applies to the ncbr. Its just the ncbr has different size tile blocks and uses two different bpp to store the exact same image as the ncgr.
Directly importing / exporting doesn't work with tinke (in play the game switches for some reason from tiled to horizontal display or vice versa). So the image is there just not quite the right way. I know it could be / should be a simple flag somewhere. Now the difference between editing the same files (only the ncbr) in crystaltile2 is that in ct2 its edited files don't show correctly period. Its not about tiled or horizontal display the image is just plain screwed up. with bits showing up from unknown places.... I think it has something to do with having two different bpp (4 and 8 gbabpp in the same graphic) and how ct2 deals with those in the tile composition tool. or with how the image is getting loaded into memory (I know sounds like the same thing but there is a small difference - map file versus space allocation - partial loading of things from somewhere else).

Now this could be just me not editing the nanr file (and the map stuff in it) or it could be something else entirely. Anyways I put off fiddling with these images as translating the text will take more than likely take a while and I can come back to this ... later. (I do have other projects that I skip through when one gets too much I go to another...).

forgive me if this sounds vague in some places as I haven't done any debugging on this for a long time.
so there you have my partial to do list...
check nanr files
research ncer files a little more
think about editing this post so it doesn't sound so whiny/needy/noobish...
resist the urge to troll

just putting that out there...

Bladept

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
geez, posts are deleted almost for nothing, anyways guys, dont give up, you can do it, take your time, dont push yourselfs.
i dont get it,why there is so much impatient people, im a great digimon fan but im not that impatient about this translation, u guys just play games and stuff then when it comes, good. :ha:

Random Ant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to say thank you guys for doing something like this so that those of use who dont understand japanese can enjoy the game keep up the good work. :D

shikamarutak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude just got back from my holiday and the first thing i do is look on here and somone (VanitasTheBest) is having a 5 year old bitch fit because the guys who are doing a great job on traslateing the game are ''taking to long'' and ''I don't like this poor excuse anymore -> "They have a life", The fuck do you think you are? tell me what have you done to help aside bitch like a little 5 year old? they have lives and have work and familys, if you dont like the speed there working at then by all means do it your self and show us how fast it should be done, if not shut the hell up and get out of the dam way! show the guys nothingg but total respect for what they have done because if it wasnt for there hard work we would not be able to play this game when there done. so go to your doctor and ask for some ointment because you sir have been BURNED. (rant over)

and to Yugix, Black-ice and co, hope you guys are well. keep up the good work we cant wait to play the game. (best translaters EVER)

Bladept

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dude just got back from my holiday and the first thing i do is look on here and somone (VanitasTheBest) is having a 5 year old bitch fit because the guys who are doing a great job on traslateing the game are ''taking to long'' and ''I don't like this poor excuse anymore -> "They have a life", The fuck do you think you are? tell me what have you done to help aside bitch like a little 5 year old? they have lives and have work and familys, if you dont like the speed there working at then by all means do it your self and show us how fast it should be done, if not shut the hell up and get out of the dam way! show the guys nothingg but total respect for what they have done because if it wasnt for there hard work we would not be able to play this game when there done. so go to your doctor and ask for some ointment because you sir have been BURNED. (rant over)

and to Yugix, Black-ice and co, hope you guys are well. keep up the good work we cant wait to play the game. (best translaters EVER)
sorry for the question but you aren't north american right? because your english is a little weird, just woundering :O

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

sorry for the question but you aren't north american right? because your english is a little weird, just woundering :O
Slang and broken english.
Since its our first language we get bored of speaking properly and therefore develop dialect.

AmandaKersbergen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Stupid question perhaps, but I'm trying to knock down the amount of games I pirate and buy most of the games I like playing. But will it be possible to patch a actual cart of this game? or is this one of those cases you can't do it any other way then the pirate way?

dnpuckitt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

he would have totally no reason for complaining that they'r taking too long, unless they decided to do something like never release a 50 percent complete patch, or a beta patch once it was playable, wich nearly every other translation project does.

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

he would have totally no reason for complaining that they'r taking too long, unless they decided to do something like never release a 50 percent complete patch, or a beta patch once it was playable, wich nearly every other translation project does.

dnpuckitt,Please Leave Yugix and Rastsan Alone so they can Finish their Translation,The Quickest Way Leads to Many Errors and Faults

Reactions: 4 people

Tykinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Look people i need some kind of help... like can somebody post a patched version with what is already done? please, sorry if it was already posted.. but i don't have time to read all that is behind so just post or send the link =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make... +1