Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,591,647
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Keep this thread on topic. If there was an update it would be on the first post. Before this continues further I would like to remind any who come looking for a patch that this thread can be locked. As such YOU WOULD ONLY FIND UPDATES ON THE FIRST POST... If there were any.
The first post can be edited so that people interested in helping can offer such help by pm.
This is the exact reason the thread was started in the first place (too many useless posts)

So if you don't have anything to contribute don't post. If you have questions about patches being released the first post is what you need to read.

Reactions: 1 person

darklordfang404

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that Phoenix Goddess, yugix, Black Ice and rastsan are all on other translation projects actually it seems like at least one of them is involved in each one I look at so just calm down I would be willing to wait another 2 years for this. I mean really the companies that do this have tonnes of people working on this and we have like 5-10 people and not many of them are fluent in japanese so just be calm.

Kiger98

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got a question bout the patch is it applied to the rom or do we do it ourselves? if answered alredy srry to lazy to read through the 19 pages

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question bout the patch is it applied to the rom or do we do it ourselves? if answered alredy srry to lazy to read through the 19 pages
Look over Page 1 thoroughly... There is no patch at the moment. You could have even read a few posts before yours that pretty much gives instructions if you have a question about the patch or want an update.

Look at the first page.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that Phoenix Goddess, yugix, Black Ice and rastsan are all on other translation projects actually it seems like at least one of them is involved in each one I look at so just calm down I would be willing to wait another 2 years for this. I mean really the companies that do this have tonnes of people working on this and we have like 5-10 people and not many of them are fluent in japanese so just be calm.

I'm not a part of this translation :lol:
I don't think Black-Ice is either, but I can't be sure.
But you're right, some of us are on other projects. The time spent on keeping people calm could be spent on translating.

darklordfang404

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not a part of this translation :lol:
I don't think Black-Ice is either, but I can't be sure.
But you're right, some of us are on other projects. The time spent on keeping people calm could be spent on translating.
I try to keep the peace so that everybody else can focus. I thought you guys were, oh well. (I looked after first posting this and yugix listed both of you in the credits)

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try to keep the peace so that everybody else can focus. I thought you guys were, oh well. (I looked after first posting this and yugix listed both of you in the credits)

I just helped translate some graphics is all :)
Yugix is a pretty good translator, so the project is definitely in good hands.

AmandaKersbergen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
3205100_o.gif

Go guys go go go!

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
take a couple of words out and you'd have a completely different sentence XD

but yeah, people, please read the first page. maybe there should be a notice saying that in the topic name. it would be better than nothing, and then people would really have no excuse.

saadred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Don't want to be negative or anything but can u leave the other translation and focus more on this one, not leave other i mean slow other and focus more on this one

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Don't want to be negative or anything but can u leave the other translation and focus more on this one, not leave other i mean slow other and focus more on this one
Well, that does sound somewhat of a rude question... People work on what they want and when they want.. For example... Imagine that you're reading a good book or playing a game, although sometimes you also check the other books once in a while, would you just stop reading or playing what you were enjoying the most at the moment, just because someone asked you to?
Everyone seems to be in several translations so it'll take time, but it'll eventually be complete. It's not like there's a time limit to hobbies. x.x

Also, I'm ashamed that the trashed posts were done by someone from my country... It's so degrading. =(

On topic now, Ratsan or Yugix, have you guys decided on the Digimon Profiles thing? (Since the votes have been for quite a while now).

Reactions: 2 people

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have stated this before my japanese skills are crap, literally crap. I am good for small bursts of easy stuff, maybe checking stuff (even then... ughhh I'd rather not). I leave the complicated and above my understanding stuff to people who know better. (my dyslexia\mysnomia kicks in sometimes and whoosh off I go to editing graphics or other non migraine inducing stuff). Kinda why I have so many projects on the go. A daisy chain of things to work on. Somedays I am better with near mindless re-pointing other days tackling the games prologue seems like a good idea. i won't know until i try on that particular day.
Like this game for example. I know I need to eventually go through the spr pak file ncgr ncbr ncer files but the sheer amount of them keeps me from wanting to do it on a day when i can only spend 1 and a half hours on it. As I know that i will need a huge chunk of time to do it. (say several days with no little or no sleep). I know how to fix them now. I just have to sit there and re-check if I screwed up how the files are chained together. If I have the wrong palette or ncer file than having the image right won't really matter. as either of those could still screw up perfectly okay work.

edit:
as to the vote - that is yugix's thing not mine. So ask them. I will also try to deal with adding credits into the game but that is later (probably way later).

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well, that does sound somewhat of a rude question... People work on what they want and when they want.. For example... Imagine that you're reading a good book or playing a game, although sometimes you also check the other books once in a while, would you just stop reading or playing what you were enjoying the most at the moment, just because someone asked you to?
Everyone seems to be in several translations so it'll take time, but it'll eventually be complete. It's not like there's a time limit to hobbies. x.x

Also, I'm ashamed that the trashed posts were done by someone from my country... It's so degrading. =(

On topic now, Ratsan or Yugix, have you guys decided on the Digimon Profiles thing? (Since the votes have been for quite a while now).

I updated the first post to show the vote results.
About the progress, there is not much of an update since most of what I do is fixing mistakes I had done in some files.
and BTW, I don't translate any other game ATM. But, I have life and I'm, right now, the only one translating the text (Story beside since I didn't touch it).
So, if anyone know someone who can help me and at least fixing the old errors, that will be appreciated.

I have stated this before my japanese skills are crap, literally crap. I am good for small bursts of easy stuff, maybe checking stuff (even then... ughhh I'd rather not). I leave the complicated and above my understanding stuff to people who know better. (my dyslexia\mysnomia kicks in sometimes and whoosh off I go to editing graphics or other non migraine inducing stuff). Kinda why I have so many projects on the go. A daisy chain of things to work on. Somedays I am better with near mindless re-pointing other days tackling the games prologue seems like a good idea. i won't know until i try on that particular day.
Like this game for example. I know I need to eventually go through the spr pak file ncgr ncbr ncer files but the sheer amount of them keeps me from wanting to do it on a day when i can only spend 1 and a half hours on it. As I know that i will need a huge chunk of time to do it. (say several days with no little or no sleep). I know how to fix them now. I just have to sit there and re-check if I screwed up how the files are chained together. If I have the wrong palette or ncer file than having the image right won't really matter. as either of those could still screw up perfectly okay work.

Hi Rast,
don't rush yourself, try to do it as you feel it is okay with you. ;)

jojoxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy to see an update and hopefully copying the profiles from other sites can speed up the process if only by a little. Good to see you guys are still going at it strong and best of luck.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
@yugix which errors are you speaking of
My Japanese skills are probably slightly worse than rastsans but I should be able to help

I means errors in translation. Like some words in japanese means more than one thing and I can't understand them since my japanese is also bad, sometime I make assumptions and may they are mistaken.
Also, I have some values which are translated 2x .. Like Digimon names + trees + plates. So, I need someone to read them and check whether they are the same in all places or not.

If you are willing to help, PM me and I will give u the details.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@yugix which errors are you speaking of
My Japanese skills are probably slightly worse than rastsans but I should be able to help

Just a warning, but rastsan said his Japanese skills are literally crap. If yours is worse than that, I think you would probably be doing more harm than good. The thought is nice, but if most of what you would be doing is guessing, it wouldn't help at all. You would just be adding more problems on yugix, because he would have to clean it up.

I means errors in translation. Like some words in japanese means more than one thing and I can't understand them since my japanese is also bad, sometime I make assumptions and may they are mistaken.
Also, I have some values which are translated 2x .. Like Digimon names + trees + plates. So, I need someone to read them and check whether they are the same in all places or not.

If you are willing to help, PM me and I will give u the details.

I can help you with things like that if you PM me with what you're stuck on. I can't do full files right now due to my own translations, but I can help you with little things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye