Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

  • Thread starter Thread starter yugix
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,668,826
  • Replies Replies 2,284
  • Likes Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

  • Stick with Japanese names for all names.

    Votes: 141 27.8%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

    Votes: 367 72.2%

  • Total voters
    508
AREADATA.PAK 100%
MESPAK00.PAK 100%
MESPAK01.PAK ~80% or a bit more
MESPAK04.PAK 5%
I think the translation is 90 % accurate. I couldn't translate the story because it is a lot of work for one person.
Here are the files if you want to check them or continue the translation. Please if you have the time tell me your opinion. Thank you in advance
 

Attachments

Not trying to nag or anything, and just a general question, that at what rate is Garmmon translating the game? And is he alone or is there any other translator aswell? Also if any more progress has been made since the last update?
 
Do you want an honest answer? well it is difficult to estimate.

I mean, aside of having something called a life outside gbatemp, translating moonrunes is a task hard on its own (not impossible, but it can be tricky unless you get your facts straight).
 
Not to Spam or anything but when do you predict this will be done? I'd try help translating but I don't speak japanese...
 
So far I'm the only translator (I think?), and I'm sorry to disappoint but I'm not making much progress atm. I'm pretty exhausted by work everyday that I barely spend time on my own interests let alone the translation...it'd be great if this project could find a better and more dedicated translator but until then you're stuck with a lazy butt like me haha.
 
Enjoying translating is, well, crucial.
Do it as something you enjoy doing, and at your own ideal-for-you pace.
And to be honest it's a huge undertaking so the one being an ass wouldn't be you but the lazy bums complaining about someone doing something for them for free thanklessly but not "quickly enough" for their taste. And then complaining about something not meant to be translated instead of going and learning Japanese to enjoy games like Sakura Taisen, Super Robot Taisen or Tengai Makyou and loads of other games..

Of course all matters considered I'd love to see your efforts succeed eventually and not go to waste (like with the almost-complete ASH translation that was never properly released) so I'm wishing for you good luck :P
 
so we can play this game right now ?
Yes you can.
Nobody is stopping you.
You'll need some Japanese proficiency, but that's a minor detail.
Heh, he doesn't even need to know a shred of Japanese to play it. Just need to press A, B, Up, Down, Left, Right from time to time and he'll make it through somehow. Though he'd prob won't understand the story then LOL :P
 
Enjoying translating is, well, crucial.
Do it as something you enjoy doing, and at your own ideal-for-you pace.
And to be honest it's a huge undertaking so the one being an ass wouldn't be you but the lazy bums complaining about someone doing something for them for free thanklessly but not "quickly enough" for their taste. And then complaining about something not meant to be translated instead of going and learning Japanese to enjoy games like Sakura Taisen, Super Robot Taisen or Tengai Makyou and loads of other games..

Of course all matters considered I'd love to see your efforts succeed eventually and not go to waste (like with the almost-complete ASH translation that was never properly released) so I'm wishing for you good luck :P
Heh don't forget our project, hard though the translation is already done.

That being said. good luck withe translation!
 
  • Like
Reactions: GHANMI
Heh don't forget our project, hard though the translation is already done.
That being said. good luck withe translation!
But the Summon Night Hajimari no Ishi is in good hands if I'm not mistaken: you already have the tools and a complete translation ;)
The rest should get sorted soon.
You should try and learn ARM assembly (effective for GBA and DS... and 3DS, whenever that one is hacked) by the way, just to expand your possibilities: you could surprise yourself with what you may come up with (for starters, it could help with the messed-up naming screen.. and probably any text problems)

But of course, good luck for you too :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pablitox
wow!! I love the menu screens on the OP, remind me so much of Digimon World 2003 (or just Digimon World 3 to the US :))

While i'm here I might as well ask... Since you guys are working with Tinke, would it be possible to ask a question about importing images? I can't seem to work something out relating to MKDS.

Don't want to necrobump the Tinke thread! hahaha
 
wow!! I love the menu screens on the OP, remind me so much of Digimon World 2003 (or just Digimon World 3 to the US :))

While i'm here I might as well ask... Since you guys are working with Tinke, would it be possible to ask a question about importing images? I can't seem to work something out relating to MKDS.

Don't want to necrobump the Tinke thread! hahaha

If you have a legit question about Tinke, you can bump the thread
 
Hi all,

Long time no update :P
Sorry I was too busy and the translation is slow due to limited translators and real life issues.

The first page is updated, I put more spoilers to make cleaner.

So, I was trying to fix some of the text size issue and I tried to fix the font. And this was the result.
hTo5l.png
g6VbXK3.png


The old is the left-side and the new one is on the right. :P

So, what do you think? Is it OK or we should use the old one?
 

Site & Scene News