Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,596,246
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
AREADATA.PAK 100%
MESPAK00.PAK 100%
MESPAK01.PAK ~80% or a bit more
MESPAK04.PAK 5%
I think the translation is 90 % accurate. I couldn't translate the story because it is a lot of work for one person.
Here are the files if you want to check them or continue the translation. Please if you have the time tell me your opinion. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• MSG.zip
    312.1 KB · Views: 282

Nightmare19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to nag or anything, and just a general question, that at what rate is Garmmon translating the game? And is he alone or is there any other translator aswell? Also if any more progress has been made since the last update?

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do you want an honest answer? well it is difficult to estimate.

I mean, aside of having something called a life outside gbatemp, translating moonrunes is a task hard on its own (not impossible, but it can be tricky unless you get your facts straight).

Mick2610

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not to Spam or anything but when do you predict this will be done? I'd try help translating but I don't speak japanese...

garmmon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
garmmon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
So far I'm the only translator (I think?), and I'm sorry to disappoint but I'm not making much progress atm. I'm pretty exhausted by work everyday that I barely spend time on my own interests let alone the translation...it'd be great if this project could find a better and more dedicated translator but until then you're stuck with a lazy butt like me haha.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Enjoying translating is, well, crucial.
Do it as something you enjoy doing, and at your own ideal-for-you pace.
And to be honest it's a huge undertaking so the one being an ass wouldn't be you but the lazy bums complaining about someone doing something for them for free thanklessly but not "quickly enough" for their taste. And then complaining about something not meant to be translated instead of going and learning Japanese to enjoy games like Sakura Taisen, Super Robot Taisen or Tengai Makyou and loads of other games..

Of course all matters considered I'd love to see your efforts succeed eventually and not go to waste (like with the almost-complete ASH translation that was never properly released) so I'm wishing for you good luck :P

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so we can play this game right now ?
Yes you can.
Nobody is stopping you.
You'll need some Japanese proficiency, but that's a minor detail.
Heh, he doesn't even need to know a shred of Japanese to play it. Just need to press A, B, Up, Down, Left, Right from time to time and he'll make it through somehow. Though he'd prob won't understand the story then LOL :P

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Enjoying translating is, well, crucial.
Do it as something you enjoy doing, and at your own ideal-for-you pace.
And to be honest it's a huge undertaking so the one being an ass wouldn't be you but the lazy bums complaining about someone doing something for them for free thanklessly but not "quickly enough" for their taste. And then complaining about something not meant to be translated instead of going and learning Japanese to enjoy games like Sakura Taisen, Super Robot Taisen or Tengai Makyou and loads of other games..

Of course all matters considered I'd love to see your efforts succeed eventually and not go to waste (like with the almost-complete ASH translation that was never properly released) so I'm wishing for you good luck :P
Heh don't forget our project, hard though the translation is already done.

That being said. good luck withe translation!

Reactions: GHANMI

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Heh don't forget our project, hard though the translation is already done.
That being said. good luck withe translation!
But the Summon Night Hajimari no Ishi is in good hands if I'm not mistaken: you already have the tools and a complete translation ;)
The rest should get sorted soon.
You should try and learn ARM assembly (effective for GBA and DS... and 3DS, whenever that one is hacked) by the way, just to expand your possibilities: you could surprise yourself with what you may come up with (for starters, it could help with the messed-up naming screen.. and probably any text problems)

But of course, good luck for you too :)

Reactions: Pablitox

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wow!! I love the menu screens on the OP, remind me so much of Digimon World 2003 (or just Digimon World 3 to the US :))

While i'm here I might as well ask... Since you guys are working with Tinke, would it be possible to ask a question about importing images? I can't seem to work something out relating to MKDS.

Don't want to necrobump the Tinke thread! hahaha

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wow!! I love the menu screens on the OP, remind me so much of Digimon World 2003 (or just Digimon World 3 to the US :))

While i'm here I might as well ask... Since you guys are working with Tinke, would it be possible to ask a question about importing images? I can't seem to work something out relating to MKDS.

Don't want to necrobump the Tinke thread! hahaha

If you have a legit question about Tinke, you can bump the thread

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi all,

Long time no update :P
Sorry I was too busy and the translation is slow due to limited translators and real life issues.

The first page is updated, I put more spoilers to make cleaner.

So, I was trying to fix some of the text size issue and I tried to fix the font. And this was the result.
hTo5l.png
g6VbXK3.png

The old is the left-side and the new one is on the right. :P

So, what do you think? Is it OK or we should use the old one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wut?