Did Nintendo give birth to the Playstation?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if "give birth to" is the right expression.

Say, I tease a kid. That kid trains like hell to take revenge and after some turn of events he becomes the world champion of some martial art competition.

Can I take credit for creating an ultimate fighter?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
deathfisaro said:

Say, I tease a kid. That kid trains like hell to take revenge and after some turn of events he becomes the world champion of some martial art competition.

somehow, yeah!

why'd you tease the poor kid?

lol jk

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
deathfisaro said:

Like it was already said, yep, pretty much.
Isn't this the basic principle of super villains? That heroes create'em somehow? Batman / Joker, Mr Incredible / Syndrome, Spiderman / Venon, G-Girl / Professor Bedlam, Bill / The Bride, and so on...

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Hahah, ker-pwnt
biggrin.gif

They gave birth to the loss of their own sales, how ironic

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
toguro_max said:
Like it was already said, yep, pretty much.
Isn't this the basic principle of super villains? That heroes create'em somehow? Batman / Joker, Mr Incredible / Syndrome, Spiderman / Venon, G-Girl / Professor Bedlam, Bill / The Bride, and so on...

I think it's because "you made me a villain!" is such a no-brainer story to write.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
deathfisaro said:

This isn't the case here. It's more like you become the kid's trainer and manager, teach him everything you know, in exchange for a cut of his profits on tournaments, and then the day before the big match, you dump him for another fighter. The kid goes on to win, you get left behind.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
toguro_max said:
You know, this is a somewhat common misconception of "new" gamers... The original Playstation controllers did not have two analog sticks... In fact, it did not even have one! This is the first Playstation controller.
Only on a side note, take a look at these prototype playstation controllers and see for yourself...
Also, even though it might not be that accurate, take a look at this...

In time, if this amount / kinf of links are not allowed, please say so and I'll remove'em.

note the + and - buttons on the prototype controler no.4 AKA controller^^^^
wii much?

D

Deleted_171835

Veho said:
boof222 said:
note the + and - buttons on the prototype controler no.4 AKA controller^^^^
wii much?
Please tell me you're joking.
Thou foolishness lives through everyone. Anyways............wha! ........or is it true! :wtf:

Seek01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its only considered a bad business decision because Nintendo didn't use optical discs as a format for almost a decade. 700mb per disc compared the the 120 something mb (IIRC, not sure) cartridge really hurt them with 3rd parties because CDs were MUCH more economically and technologically superior. Easy to produce and a bunch of space makes it look fantastic compared to the dieing cartridge market (at least for home consoles). N64 cartridges were more expensive to make which really hurt anyone who wanted to emerge on the market on the 64.

This is why 95% of the good games for the N64 were 1st or 2nd party, OR by major game devs such as capcom or namco. Meanwhile the PS1 had a very extensive 3rd party library.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Seek01 said:
This is why 95% of the good games for the N64 were 1st or 2nd party, OR by major game devs such as capcom or namco. Meanwhile the PS1 had a very extensive 3rd party library.
I thought the "second party" in business were the customers. In this case the console owners. First party: Nintendo, second party: us, third party: independent developers.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still have the C+VG (Computer & Videogames) issue where they announced the Playstation for the Snes, together with a picture. It was a CD-drive for the Super Nintendo. All I know is Nintendo ditched the project and then Sony went and created their new console. It's a s simple as that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it