Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
i think i just bricked my WII by updating to 4.3U using MMM
‹after i updated my wii i got error saying ""UNAUTHORIZED device error #003

if there is a fix post it HERE!! ASAP

damn first SSBB then Skyworld sword then MW3 then the wii ITS an on going train wreck

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Unfortunately, I can't help you with your problem, there are others who can, but I just wanted to say that you should watch out how you're naming topics. No caps lock, and try to be as descriptive as possible.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't know what you are doing then don't update it. If it ain't broken, dont fix it. :)

I am on 3.2U and I don't complaint. It works with almost all games including Skyward Sword. :D

I hope that someone resolve it for you soon.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Doesn't look good, I'm afraid. #003 errors usually happen on region-changed Korean wiis that were updated (in other words: your wii was Korean).

Perhaps this page might help, but I'm really not sure. Better wait for someone else to give their answer.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

damn first SSBB then Skyworld sword then MW3 then the wii ITS an on going train wreck
Explain your issue in more detail. Have you tried entering maintenance mode? What do you see when you boot the Wii up? Do you, or do you not have access to the System Menu? Be more precise.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
As Wever said this error means your wii was originally korean and got region changed which is common in wiis bought in the middle east . This error happens when system menu 4.2 or 4.3 is installed and it detects you region changed your wii .If you wanted to update you should have used ModMii as it installs a patched ios to prevent this from happening .

Anyway if you don't happen to have a modchip or priiloader installed then last time I checked there is no way to fix it .

lil.devil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Explain your issue in more detail. Have you tried entering maintenance mode? What do you see when you boot the Wii up? Do you, or do you not have access to the System Menu? Be more precise.
i only see a black screen with the UNAUTHORIZED device error #003 and it wont let me go to the wii menu i used to have a priiloader but somehow the priiloader wont work

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

i only see a black screen with the UNAUTHORIZED device error #003 and it wont let me go to the wii menu i used to have a priiloader but somehow the priiloader wont work
Turn on the Wii and then hold RESET, if Priiloader is installed, a white screen should pop up.

Provided you have a NAND backup, you should be able to restore it.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Of course not: priiloader overwrites the system menu. That's why upgrading the system menu effectively removes priiloader. It's worth checking to be sure, but chances are high it won't work.

You haven't answered Psyblade's question: do you have bootmii installed as boot2? (if so: put your "bootmii" folder in your SD card and restore your NAND backup).

I'm not sure what you're thinking you're going to solve by putting another motherboard into yours. It'll be far less of a hassle to just use his, as swapping them around won't produce 2 working wii's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: