Not open for further replies.

laytonfan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
36088009_111178406456878_3046329820976775168_o.jpg

I have this graphic error with the latest version of retroarch snes9x2010 if you look carefully at Mario above the there is a blurred band that appears when the character runs or moves, this graphic error appears from time to time @m4xw its normal?

Edit: Even so, the games look spectacular on 4K TVs, bright and sharp colors, everything very fluid and without delay :D

Last edited by laytonfan123,
Reactions: CatmanFan

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone please answer me civilized because @m4xw is just a cock I've asked him but he thinks coming back with stupid sarcastic answers is helping the situation but its not. How do you save the game using snes9x10 so if I am playing mario world how do you save your progress because its not working for me, if say i get to a point to save & continue and I save if I press home button to go out the game it does not save your progress. If I load my config file in settings which I have to do every time I load the app I thought it saved via that file but it seems not.
To be fair, calling someone a cock isn't being civilized, when you play a game you enter the retroarch menu by pressing both thumbsticks in (or maybe it was +and -) make a save state, just in case, then select "close content"

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair, calling someone a cock isn't being civilized, when you play a game you enter the retroarch menu by pressing both thumbsticks in (or maybe it was +and -) make a save state, just in case, then select "close content"
He did say + & - I could not get it working I thought he was being sarcastic trying to make me look stupid but to be fair if you say that too sorry my bad I will try again. I do apologize to @m4xw if that's the case, woops! I will try again

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone please answer me civilized because @m4xw is just a cock I've asked him but he thinks coming back with stupid sarcastic answers is helping the situation but its not. How do you save the game using snes9x10 so if I am playing mario world how do you save your progress because its not working for me, if say i get to a point to save & continue and I save if I press home button to go out the game it does not save your progress. If I load my config file in settings which I have to do every time I load the app I thought it saved via that file but it seems not.

Save the game ingame, open the menu. "Close content". Game is saved if the game was saved properly ingame. I've said that countless times.

I've said it like 5 times in the last pages that the Home button is like task kill.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Save the game ingame, open the menu. "Close content". Game is saved if the game was saved properly ingame. I've said that countless times.

I've said it like 5 times in the last pages that the Home button is like task kill.
I will try again I couldn't open the menu with + & - I thought you was being sarcastic.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Lets stop here.

If you had a config file it could previously be L3 + R3, that was mentioned in the changelog.
I did have a config file thanks I will test both methods just to be sure. I am sorry it was a bad mistake I did think at first you was just been sarcastic towards me I jumped the gun but it also annoys me when other members who have nothing to do with what we are talking about jump on board and start expressing there hardcore thoughts to back you up that only aggravates the situation.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
@m4xw I'm going to get embarrassed for saying this, but you did tell me this yesterday:

Did you just copy in some LibNX code into the makefile and then hit make platform=switch? Or did you try to make additional changes?

Also, I found out that the mupen64plus core within parallel_n64 won't compile thanks to the cached interpreter. Here is (another) copy of what it gives me when trying to compile:

Also hacktarux_dynarec/assemble.h throws up zillions of warnings while trying to compile. No assemble.o file created. So, still a lot of work done before it can be compiled successfully.
Maybe if we take away the cached interpreter, we can proceed through compilation a little bit more. But I'm pretty sure that will break the entire emulator in the worst-case scenario.

We'll look at PCSX_reARMed in the meantime...

To be completely honest, I am not siding for any N64 core to work like magic on the Switch, just to the point where it can be compiled and load ROMs even though they will be slow af without Vulkan and acceleration!!

@lordelan IMO "channels" aren't the correct term for HOME Menu games and software anymore. You can just say "forwarder", but IRYO
If you look in the file that's throwing the error, you'll find two lines of code that read "#ifndef VITA". Replace these with "#if !defined(VITA) && !defined(__SWITCH__)" and it'll compile fine. The only real problem I ran into when I just now compiled Parallel was a single use of mmap and munmap. Does anyone know what the equivalent to these are in libnx? I'm not too familiar with it. I'm thinking that in theory, Parallel should be able to run on the Switch with its Angrylion software renderer. Then again, I wasn't able to get the melonDS RetroArch core to run, even though I ported standalone melonDS to the Switch pretty easily. I'm honestly not a huge fan of RetroArch, but whatever.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you look in the file that's throwing the error, you'll find two lines of code that read "#ifndef VITA". Replace these with "#if !defined(VITA) && !defined(__SWITCH__)" and it'll compile fine. The only real problem I ran into when I just now compiled Parallel was a single use of mmap and munmap. Does anyone know what the equivalent to these are in libnx? I'm not too familiar with it. I'm thinking that in theory, Parallel should be able to run on the Switch with its Angrylion software renderer. Then again, I wasn't able to get the melonDS RetroArch core to run, even though I ported standalone melonDS to the Switch pretty easily. I'm honestly not a huge fan of RetroArch, but whatever.

Thats the thought I had.

Another PoC for the collection

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
36088009_111178406456878_3046329820976775168_o.jpg

I have this graphic error with the latest version of retroarch snes9x2010 if you look carefully at Mario above the there is a blurred band that appears when the character runs or moves, this graphic error appears from time to time @m4xw its normal?

It seems to affect some games and not others. I just had an excellent session on Street Fighter II on snes9x2010 without this distorted band (it ran very well), but experienced the banding on Sonic 3 in Genesis Plus GX and Pokémon Blue on Gambatte. Conversely, no issue at all on Pokémon Crystal on Gambatte. I just tried Super Mario World to see if I got the same result as you and indeed I did.

VBA stability in the Salamander pack is lovely. No problems in Pokémon Emerald. Runs very smoothly, no audio hiccups, and switching between docked and handheld was seamless.

Tested on 3.0.0 via Pegaswitch method.

laytonfan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It seems to affect some games and not others. I just had an excellent session on Street Fighter II on snes9x2010 without this distorted band (it ran very well), but experienced the banding on Sonic 3 in Genesis Plus GX and Pokémon Blue on Gambatte. Conversely, no issue at all on Pokémon Crystal on Gambatte. I just tried Super Mario World to see if I got the same result as you and indeed I did.

VBA stability in the Salamander pack is lovely. No problems in Pokémon Emerald. Runs very smoothly, no audio hiccups, and switching between docked and handheld was seamless.

I also saw the same graphic error in Donky Kong Country 3 - Dixie Kong's Double Trouble, I am not sure if it has to do with the console being docked or not to the dock, it happens that I can be playing very well in portable mode and when You put the console in the dock a few minutes later, those graphical errors begin to appear.

I hope they solve it quickly because it is an excellent emulator and I am very grateful for the work that is being done, thank you all!

Last edited by laytonfan123,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Docked + Threading is the cause.

Seems like libnx bug with double buffering

I also saw the same graphic error in Donky Kong Country 3 - Dixie Kong's Double Trouble, I am not sure if it has to do with the console being docked or not to the dock, it happens that I can be playing very well in portable mode and when You put the console in the dock a few minutes later, those graphical errors begin to appear.

I hope they solve it quickly because it is an excellent emulator and I am very grateful for the work that is being done, thank you all!

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@m4xw I keep trying to set the core directory to SD:/retroarch/cores/switch and save the current config, but every time it doesn't save it. Do I have to do it manually on my computer?

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@m4xw I keep trying to set the core directory to SD:/retroarch/cores/switch and save the current config, but every time it doesn't save it. Do I have to do it manually on my computer?

Try

settings/directory/core changed to /retroarch/cores/switch then load core/"core".nro then quit retroarch and it save

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
WTF?
I thought Vita and Switch didn't use the same ARM & Linux architecture. Should've known. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!