Status
Not open for further replies.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Yes its basically a hbmenu + passes args
2. Should I think, favourites do work and I think that uses the playlist funcitons
3. If you set them to that, yes. it will default to the RA folder/cores/.../
Thanks for the quick reply (from the dev himself).
1. Cool.
2. Yeah it's the same function. Then I'll give it a try and build a playlist. Thanks.
3. Oh that's great because when RetroArch first appeared on the Switch back then it wasn't possible to change directory settings. The savegame and savestates even had to be in the same directory as the rom (which sucks).

As a last question:
I'm pretty sure the XMB theme is somewhere at the very end of your prio list but do you plan on doing it at some point? Guess it'd need hardware acceleration though.

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are these emulators actually working on 5.x.x now? Been dying for some SNES and other emulators but was under the impression GBA and GBC were the only ones that worked on 5.x.x.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The salamander pack is phenomenal! I'm on 5.1.0, they work amazing! Playing with them undocked is flawless, but when I dock it and use either my PS4, or WiiU Pro controller, I've got horrific lag, (not saying this is a dev issue) I try screwing with the vsync on/off to scarface visual quality for less lag. Hopefully I'll have a better solution for less lag while docked, but again these emulators as of right now are simply amazing! Looking forward to a better psx build down the road. :-)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
It's the equivalent of dropping a orbital nuke on the process

Menu -> "Close Content"
Sorry you have lost me so I’m playing the game and you say, “menu close content” you have lost me? Apart from pressing home button how do you do that. Can you bring up a special snes9 menu while playing the game?

Last edited by Reecey,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry you have lost me so I’m playing the game and you say, “menu close content” you have lost me? Apart from pressing home button how do you do that. Can you bring up a snes9 menu while playing the game?

+ and - (same time)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
+ and - (same time)
don't be a dick! I'm trying to ask you a civilized question, its not saving when you exit the game pressing home button so how the f**k are you supposed to save the game! or does it not work just answer it normally.

Last edited by Reecey,

Hansie64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've done everything I can think of, but I'll be damned if I can make Genesis Plus GX work. I always get the error 0xfffffff2. Picodrive doesn't seem to be able to load ROMs. And I know this isn't the thread for it, but I cannot make pFBA see my ROMs so I've given up on it. Its like my Switch doesn't want to play Genesis games at all.

What am I doing wrong?

For pfba: it took me some time too, to get it working, but now its running like a dream.
The roms (zipfiles) must be placed in the folder /switch/pfba/megadriv/
Than in pfba make sure the Genesis games are shown, you do that by pressing + and selecting by 'show hardware' for either Sega Megadrive or All.
Have fun!

Reactions: WiiuGold
D

Deleted-351540

Yeah, I've given up on pFBA. I ended up making Genesis Plus GX work with m4xw's help. Thanks anyway though!

Reactions: sorabora

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can swap out cores without going to the hbmenu
I see now that I looked into the salamander.zip file. It's exactly what I've been dreaming of since ... actually since I watched the Nintendo Switch reveal trailer. :D
Having one homebrew (which might get a channel version or forwarder channel later in Atmosphère) for RetroArch from within we can do everything like swapping cores and so on. Fantastic work!

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I see now that I looked into the salamander.zip file. It's exactly what I've been dreaming of since ... actually since I watched the Nintendo Switch reveal trailer. :D
Having one homebrew (which might get a channel version or forwarder channel later in Atmosphère) for RetroArch from within we can do everything like swapping cores and so on. Fantastic work!

It will be revised at a later point, but just working fine for now!

Reactions: lordelan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
@m4xw I'm going to get embarrassed for saying this, but you did tell me this yesterday:
I actually gave it a try 2 days ago just to look how much of a pain it will be. It will be major work, but that was expected.

So better dream about reARMed now, maybe I will look at that then? :D
Did you just copy in some LibNX code into the makefile and then hit make platform=switch? Or did you try to make additional changes?

Also, I found out that the mupen64plus core within parallel_n64 won't compile thanks to the cached interpreter. Here is (another) copy of what it gives me when trying to compile:
In file included from mupen64plus-core/src/r4300/mips_instructions.def:50,
from mupen64plus-core/src/r4300/cached_interp.c:165:
mupen64plus-core/src/r4300/fpu.h: At top level:
mupen64plus-core/src/r4300/fpu.h:56:12: fatal error: fenv.h: No such file or directory
#include <fenv.h>
^~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Makefile:904: mupen64plus-core/src/r4300/cached_interp.o] Error 1
Also hacktarux_dynarec/assemble.h throws up zillions of warnings while trying to compile. No assemble.o file created. So, still a lot of work done before it can be compiled successfully.
Maybe if we take away the cached interpreter, we can proceed through compilation a little bit more. But I'm pretty sure that will break the entire emulator in the worst-case scenario.

We'll look at PCSX_reARMed in the meantime...

To be completely honest, I am not siding for any N64 core to work like magic on the Switch, just to the point where it can be compiled and load ROMs even though they will be slow af without Vulkan and acceleration!!

@lordelan IMO "channels" aren't the correct term for HOME Menu games and software anymore. You can just say "forwarder", but IRYO

Last edited by CatmanFan,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@m4xw I'm going to get embarrassed for saying this, but you did tell me this yesterday:

Did you just copy in some LibNX code into the makefile and then hit make platform=switch? Or did you try to make additional changes?

Also, I found out that the mupen64plus core within parallel_n64 won't compile thanks to the cached interpreter. Here is (another) copy of what it gives me when trying to compile:

Also hacktarux_dynarec/assemble.h throws up zillions of warnings while trying to compile. No assemble.o file created. So, still a lot of work done before it can be compiled successfully.
Maybe if we take away the cached interpreter, we can proceed through compilation a little bit more. But I'm pretty sure that will break the entire emulator in the worst-case scenario.

We'll look at PCSX_reARMed in the meantime...

To be completely honest, I am not siding for any N64 core to work like magic on the Switch, just to the point where it can be compiled and load ROMs even though they will be slow af without Vulkan and acceleration!!

@lordelan IMO "channels" aren't the correct term for HOME Menu games and software anymore. You can just say "forwarder", but IRYO

+1 for effort

Reactions: CatmanFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.