m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I haven't really followed this thread since it had 15 pages but after this new salamander build I have a question. Is there a way to scale the game without breaking aspect ratio? For example if I play using the VBA-Next core it's a small portion of the center of the screen. Can I scale this to fill towards the top and bottom without stretching along the X axis? Thanks!

Turn integer scaling on and then change the aspect ratios (Settings->Video)

Hey@m4xw
out of interest what base version of horizon are you developing on?
ergo 1.0.0, 2.0.0, 3.0.0, 4.1.0 5.0.0
just a have a compatibility issues on 3.0.0
ie after loading a working .cue through the core on ps1 a white screen appears
its not a crash as i can escape back to home launcher and relaunch, this occurs on all builds but isnt present through hekate 2.3 (now not working)
any help or suggestion would great

I develop on 5.1.0

PS1 is outdated, not supported and only a proof of concept. don't use it.

D

Deleted-351540

So, here is what both emulators are doing. First picture is Picodrive. Second image is Genesis Plus GX. Both downloaded from gitlab, if that helps.

Ok, I did some research and error 0x1 is a "package2 signature verification failed". I haven't figured out what that means or even how to fix it. :(

Attachments

• Picodrive.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 188
  • Genesis Plus GX.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 147
Last edited by ,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, here is what both emulators are doing. First picture is Picodrive. Second image is Genesis Plus GX. Both downloaded from gitlab, if that helps.

Ok, I did some research and error 0x1 is a "package2 signature verification failed". I haven't figured out what that means or even how to fix it. :(

Your sd is broken

D

Deleted-351540

The files you just transfered are broken. They dont even have a icon.
I've tried multiple downloads. Picodrive does actually have an icon though. FWIW, I've reformatted my SD card as exFAT and checked it with h2testw. Came back fine. Genesis Plus GX has never had an icon.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've tried multiple downloads. Picodrive does actually have an icon though. FWIW, I've reformatted my SD card as exFAT and checked it with h2testw. Came back fine. Genesis Plus GX has never had an icon.

After you reformat its fine again lol. Need to check it before

My genesis plus gx port runs just fine

D

Deleted-351540

After you reformat its fine again lol. Need to check it before

My genesis plus gx port runs just fine
Care to share yours, then? It's a known working one. It should work on mine.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Care to share yours, then? It's a known working one. It should work on mine.

Use the bundle i posted few posts ago

it contains all cores

You need to play a bit with the audio settings for that core

latency 68ms and audio resampler "lower" works nice

laytonfan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
First of all try the latest version of snes9x2010 under SX OS, it looks just beautiful, but there is a graphic glitch when with some character for example super mario world when Mario runs, the screen is blurred

l_steve_l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all try the latest version of snes9x2010 under SX OS, it looks just beautiful, but there is a graphic glitch when with some character for example super mario world when Mario runs, the screen is blurred
SX OS Not supported
upload_2018-6-23_20-41-41.png

Reactions: laytonfan123
D

Deleted-351540

I assume you meant this post? If yes, then yes. This is the second version I've downloaded and had do the photo I've posted.

Edit: I redownloaded it. It works fine now with the settings you have above. Thanks, @m4xw for the help and patience!

Last edited by ,

laytonfan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well, I used the payload of hekate, another bug sometimes when I tried the super mario world it happened that the game froze (Randomly) for 1 second and followed its normal course, something like a small freeze but immediately returned the emulation is normal problem of the beta or my microSD?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, I used the payload of hekate, another bug sometimes when I tried the super mario world it happened that the game froze (Randomly) for 1 second and followed its normal course, something like a small freeze but immediately returned the emulation is normal problem of the beta or my microSD?

I have to add that I'm playing in full screen mode

Last edited by laytonfan123,
Reactions: WiiuGold

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you meant this post? If yes, then yes. This is the second version I've downloaded and had do the photo I've posted.

Edit: I redownloaded it. It works fine now with the settings you have above. Thanks, @m4xw for the help and patience!
He actually meant this post
Salamander Core Bundles (until CI Integration is done): https://m4xw.net/nextcloud/index.php/s/bgsNayGYBoD864b

SET YOUR CORE DIRECOTRY IN THE SETTINGS TO /retroarch/cores/switch

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I'm going to bed right now, but before I do, let me say I tried out Beetle-PSX with audio. I compiled it from the salamander branch, then copied over audio/switch_audio.c from the PSX branch onto my working branch so it would compile without audio. Then I recompiled but with the original file. Then I assigned them both to info files and tested them with Mr. Driller.

Spoiler alert: performance is pretty much the same with or without audio. Audio gets choppy when speed isn't at 100%.

Goodnight everybody

Reactions: Twistedziefer

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just out of curiosity:
  1. Does swapping between cores from within a core work or all cores acting like separated homebrew applications for now?
  2. Do playlists work? (not making them from within the core, just reading them if they're present ... I'm fine creating them on a PC with playlist buddy)
  3. Do directory settings work (like making sd:\savestates my savestate folder)?

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just out of curiosity:
  1. Does swapping between cores from within a core work or all cores acting like separated homebrew applications for now?
  2. Do playlists work? (not making them from within the core, just reading them if they're present ... I'm fine creating them on a PC with playlist buddy)
  3. Do directory settings work (like making sd:\savestates my savestate folder)?

1. Yes its basically a hbmenu + passes args
2. Should I think, favourites do work and I think that uses the playlist funcitons
3. If you set them to that, yes. it will default to the RA folder/cores/.../

Reactions: lordelan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...