DrNeroCF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my post

https://git.m4xw.net/Switch/RetroArch/libretro-snes9x2010/pipelines/369

Edit: Btw can anyone confirm that changing Vsync swap interval to 4 actually does reduce some artifical lag (on threaded)?

Dl here (threaded, non fullscreen) https://git.m4xw.net/Switch/RetroArch/libretro-snes9x2010/-/jobs/567/artifacts/download

Does actually feel a bit more responsive when set to 4. Super Mario World is for some reason extremely sensitive to latency (the virtual console release feels awful), and just running back and forth there, it's almost a solid 60fps, with a second of stuttering every 3 seconds or so, which is the only time the controls feel a bit less responsive. When it's not in the stuttering window, I'd say the emulator feels smoother than ever.

Weird thing is, I can put the frame delay up 12 on SMW (10 on Yoshi's Island), and the stutter isn't any worse (maybe even less severe?).

Sound is perfect even on SuperFX games :D

Oh and I vote for full screen 4:3, stretched is gross.

Reactions: Syynx and m4xw

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This crashes when I try and load any game

Sounds like a issue with your config.

We had that before.

Anyway you can just go to my repo of the core, ci/CD, pipelines and grab another feature/threading build there if it doesn't work w/o config and manually turning video threaded and Vsync on.

Anyway 2:30am, time for bed

Last edited by m4xw,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I just compiled 4DO with threading, and here are some of the results:
AFAIK, most of the stuff runs noticeably faster with threading enabled, including the 3DO bios and REAL World startup screen, although there's still a slowdown during the asteroid belt zooming part of the startup.
Also, Pebble Beach Golf Links crashed once during the intro. Will do more testing on that though.

One thing I would like to note is don't load the configuration file if a ROM/BIOS isn't loaded already via Load Content. If you do this without loading any content, it can freeze the emulator.

Reactions: coppertj

theMille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was previously under the impression that a game wouldn't save natively unless you open the menu, close the content, then go back another menu to close the emulator, which to me was just a tad excessive, especially for RPGs where an airhead like me could lose a lot of invested time by doing something as simple as hitting the HOME button.

However M4XW explained that I only need to close the content for it to save, which is decent enough. After cleaning up the menus by disabling/hiding a bunch of stuff that doesn't really work (favorites/media player/etc) the menus are a lot cleaner now, so hopefully I won't accidentally lose any progress.

Ideally, I'd prefer saving in game to be enough, and not be required to fiddle with an emulator for the save to go through, but it seems like that's not possible atm.

Don't feel bad, I lost about 6 hours of playtime in Final Fantasy II last week because I accidently hit home without thinking, it's a pain, but it's better than not playing it at all

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had the crazy idea of running Philips CDi (of all consoles) via MAME.
The problem is, I think CDi is only supported on the singular MAME-libretro core, not the MAME 2003 or other stuff, AFAIK, so we might have to compile a brand new core just to get our "favorite" Zelda/Hotel Mario games on the Switch. Either that or there's some kind of workaround...
Is there a big difference between mame-libretro vs 2003?
I too would like to get cdi working so the princess can invite us over to a picnic ayy.
Edit: I mean play the flowers of robert mapplethorpe

Last edited by coppertj,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Is there a big difference between mame-libretro vs 2003?
I too would like to get cdi working so the princess can invite us over to a picnic ayy.
Edit: I mean play the flowers of robert mapplethorpe
Dude, I don't think MAME 2003 has wide support for non-arcade consoles, let alone CDi.
Also, 3D graphics aren't displaying properly on 4DO. Trying to turn on high resolution (640x480) crashes the emulator.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you got a psx build?
We don't have a working PSX core yet. I did try to compile Beetle-PSX multiple times but failed. Another guy managed to compile it successfully but it wouldn't work at all on the Switch.

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, I don't think MAME 2003 has wide support for non-arcade consoles, let alone CDi.
Also, 3D graphics aren't displaying properly on 4DO. Trying to turn on high resolution (640x480) crashes the emulator.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

which game did you try to test the 3d?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
It'll get there one day to the point where it can play I'm atleast happy that people are enjoying other 3do games like gex and wing commander for the mean time. Those run at adequate speeds atleast
or Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Those games that we listed don't even use 3D graphics lol

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Those games that we listed don't even use 3D graphics lol

You know what no one has tested yet? This... This is the most advanced 3d game out at the time, rumor has it nintendo tried to mimic the 3d style in super mario 64. I wonder if 4do could even handle it?
284.jpg

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You know what no one has tested yet? This... This is the most advanced 3d game out at the time, rumor has it nintendo tried to mimic the 3d style in super mario 64. I wonder if 4do could even handle it?
Wait, is this real?
I am a bit speechless if it is lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...