• Replies 4,272
  • Likes 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
@mdxw says this is built with libnx. Unless you can find some evidence that shows it isn't, please stop arguing about it.

In fact, @xXDungeonCrawlerXx why don't you ask him for advice on how to produce legal custom nsps? Then you can release all the ones you say you have.
Dude, I already build legal NSPs if his NSP counts as "Legal".

He even said he build the NSP with Authoringtool.
So what?
upload_2018-8-29_0-44-7.png

does it mean I can just Release the Homebrew NSPs I Build with AuthoringTool, too? I have some libnx homebrews here as NSP.

The App itself (/exefs/main) was built with LibNX, yea. I don't say anything about that.
But the NCAs (which are contains his code) and the NSP were build with the SDK Tool "AuthoringTool".

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The nsp is not built with libnx. The app inside it is, but the nsp isn't.
fwiw it could've been reverse engineered.
There is a difference between "packaging" and "building". Show me exactly which law this NSP violates.
Because according to my local law, this NSP by itself does not violate any copyright.!

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mdxw says this is built with libnx. Unless you can find some evidence that shows it isn't, please stop arguing about it.

In fact, @xXDungeon_CrawlerXx why don't you ask him for advice on how to produce legal custom nsps? Then you can release all the ones you say you have.
Just for clarification, while the homebrew app itself was built with libnx, it was packaged into NCAs and then further packaged into an NSP using the SDK. While the resulting file does not have any Nintendo copyrighted data or code, the SDK was used to create the final product.

If this is still okay, then that's great news, expect more NSPs to come.

Reactions: XorTroll

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just for clarification, while the homebrew app itself was built with libnx, it was packaged into NCAs and then further packaged into an NSP using the SDK. While the resulting file does not have an Nintendo copyrighted data or code, the SDK was used to create the final product.
Let me add that all nsp's (that i at least saw), that are circulating, do still have copyrighted code and need to be re-done

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is a difference between "packaging" and "building". Show me exactly which law this NSP violates.
Because according to my local law, this NSP by itself does not violate any copyright.!
Sounds a bit more like a gray area, If he'd remove any traces to identify this nsp has been built with auth_tool it would be legal I guess. No one can really proof the opposite then

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
The NSPs can be "packed" very easily.
But the NCAs in it, which contains your legal libnx code, are not legal, because they're build with the AuthoringTool.
And no, it's not legal to build it with the AuthoringTool.

@Quantumcat
I'm okay with that that his Code (Program NCA/exefs/main) is legal. there's nothing to say about that.
But the NCA, which contains the code, was build with the AuthoringTool.
The NSP, which contains more than this one NCA, were also build with the AuthoringTool.

So you're saying, using the official SDK to build this Content, is okay?

EDIT: oKay, you answered to that already, sorry man.

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,
Reactions: XorTroll

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Sounds a bit more like a gray area, If he'd remove any traces to identify this nsp has been built with auth_tool it would be legal I guess. No one can really proof the opposite then
I mean either way, it's not copyrighted content. The argument being presented here makes it sound like it would be illegal to distribute images created with a pirated Adobe Photoshop. There are tools that create valid CIA's for 3DS projects, in no way do I see this as being any different.

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We'll yeah but when he does it, he can easily just claim he did it by himself.
Also who cares?
If I use a illegal copy of windows to write a txt? For me this is the same case.

Reactions: Huntereb

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue here isn't your local law, it's GBATemp precedent. When PabloMK7 posted their custom 3DS loading screens they were removed due to allegations that they were packaged using SDK tools (read packaged, not created). It was only when they posted a lengthy tutorial showing how it was made both with the SDK and with open source tools, then comparing the two and finding them to be identical were they able to post them once again, but even then no one used them due to the bad publicity. So a precedent was set here that even if the contents of the NSP were made with legal toolchains if official SDK tools were used in the final product in any way it was not fit for GBATemp. If mods would like to reverse this decision then I'm all for it.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean either way, it's not copyrighted content. The argument being presented here makes it sound like it would be illegal to distribute images created with a pirated Adobe Photoshop. There are tools that created valid CIA's for 3DS projects, in no way do I see this as being any different.
Its like your winrar .rar is copyrighted because your trial expired

Reactions: Huntereb and Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The issue here isn't your local law, it's GBATemp precedent. When PabloMK7 posted their custom 3DS loading screens they were removed due to allegations that they were packaged using SDK tools (read packaged, not created). It was only when they posted a lengthy tutorial showing how it was made both with the SDK and with open source tools, then comparing the two and finding them to be identical were they able to post them once again, but even then no one used them due to the bad publicity. So a precedent was set here that even if the contents of the NSP were made with legal toolchains if official SDK tools were used in the final product in any way it was not fit for GBATemp. If mods would like to reverse this decision then I'm all for it.

Kind of why we need an official ruling and not back and forth banter from the peanut gallery. At this point it's borderline shit posting... An installable NSP is amazing, shame it comes with such a stipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.