Not open for further replies.

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'all are stupid or what? Any of these arguments doesn't matter, facts only matters. The nsp was built by the March2018 SDK, this states the meta, there is no point denying it. If you're unfamiliar with it, all created homebrew nsp's or nsp's in general are illegal at this time. There is no public way in recreating and reencrypting nca/nsp without using the SDK with patched dll's.

So the rules are simple here: Illegal stuff or even stuff that is touched by illegal content is forbidden to post here. Read the rules and you're fine.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats the thing. He used a file that I didnt post to begin with

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Heh and what if they ban now for a invalid sdk version / image meta data? Its best practice to replicate those anyway.
U know hekate sets some registers it doesnt even need to set, just because else we wouldve had a huge banwave day0 ;)

Dude, you even used my fuckin NPDM which I gave to XorTroll.
Because the Raw Permissions I gave that file is exactly the same I put in it (0xc0000003ffffffff). I even added a C after the 0x ).
upload_2018-8-29_1-21-29.png
Just sayin' your NSP is illegal, stop saying it's not true.

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
I am still waiting. Show me already.
And don't swap the NSP's again
upload_2018-8-29_1-29-17.png

Dude, I like your work with RetroArch for Switch, but using the SDK to build your NSP and telling everyone it's a legal one... wow.
You even used my NPDM I've sent to @XorTroll and @Create_ .
Dude, if you don't know stuff about NSPs and using Tools (that one from XorTroll or Create_), you should stop making NSPs at all.

Just wait for a LEGAL Method.

Reactions: XorTroll

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Dude, I like your work with RetroArch for Switch, but using the SDK to build your NSP and telling everyone it's a legal one... wow.
You even used my NPDM I've sent to @XorTroll and @Create_ .
Dude, if you don't know stuff about NSPs and using Tools (that one from XorTroll or Create_), you should stop making NSPs at all.

Just wait for a LEGAL Method.
Again. Tell me how I couldnt edit it? Whats your proof?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Official RetroNX NSP:
Attention: This causes a active ban risk! Don't use this if you are paranoid!
-snip-

Note: This build is maybe the first build that's completely legal!
It contains to copyrighted files: No tickets. Its not encrypted. No SDK files.
It only has a hash derived of a key and the rights id.
This does not give the key away and is perfectly acceptable.
The Logo Partition files, despite their names are replaced and are not copyrighted in any way!

If a mod has questions, they can PM me freely.
Are there any performance differences with the NSP vs NRO?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Are there any performance differences with the NSP vs NRO?
I don't believe so, at least not yet. One would assume running a piece of software as a legitimate application rather than an "applet" would warrant more memory space, meaning potential for better performance in emulators that would require it.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
@Quantumcat sorry, to mention you again, but could you do something about that?
I've proven that he used the SDK to build the NCAs and NSPs AND he even used the main.npdm File (gives the executable the permissions and privileges on the System) I've send to @XorTroll for his NSPBuilder Tool, which uses the SDK.
You can see a Screenshot here.
This is a custom privilege I gave that file (0xc........) the C is for Cellenseres.

The OP still acts like he's completely right and won't stop to argue.
This results in a Spam in this Thread.

Reactions: XorTroll

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Quantumcat sorry, to mention you again, but could you do something about that?
I've proven that he used the SDK to build the NCAs and NSPs AND he even used the main.npdm File (gives the executable the permissions and privileges on the System) I've send to @XorTroll for his NSPBuilder Tool, which uses the SDK.
You can see a Screenshot here.
This is a custom privilege I gave that file (0xc........) the C is for Cellenseres.

The OP still acts like he's completely right and won't stop to argue.
This results in a Spam in this Thread.
He removed the link what more is there to be done?

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
As someone who makes an entirely legal nsp making script (that uses illegal tools to do so, whoops) I can 100% say that anything made with XorTroll's or my tool contain copyrighted code from the SDK, and distributing it is not a good idea / is illegal.
There is no doubt in my mind that you made these nsps in any way that is not illegal.
Arrange your sleep schedule btw, you should wake up early so you don't miss court with Nintendo.

Last edited by Creatable,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As someone who makes an entirely legal nsp making script (that uses illegal tools to do so, whoops) I can 100% say that anything made with XorTroll's or my tool contain copyrighted code from the SDK, and distributing it is not a good idea / is illegal.
There is no doubt in my mind that you made these nsps in any way that is not illegal.
Arrange your sleep schedule btw, you should wake up early so you don't miss court with Nintendo.
I still don't see any proof that could stand in court.

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Doing all this stuff will only make people think that making nsps is easy and legal. Making nsps is illegal until somebody makes an open source tool like @xXDungeon_CrawlerXx said, so stop arguing or saying stupid stuff and think about what making a nsp with current stuff involves. There is NO PUBLIC WAY to make legal nsps right now, is that too complex to get?

Reactions: xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Doing all this stuff will only make people think that making nsps is easy and legal. Making nsps is illegal until somebody makes an open source tool like @xXDungeon_CrawlerXx said, so stop arguing or saying stupid stuff and think about what making a nsp with current stuff involves. There is NO PUBLIC WAY to make legal nsps right now, is that too complex to get?
Heh given the tools you write i am not surprised.
Btw installable nsp's are obsolete soon enough

Last edited by m4xw,

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
I still don't see any proof that could stand in court.
Let me just explain the steps you went through.
You took one of the illegal NSP files, used hactool to extract it, and used Xor's tool to replace stuff in the logo partition with nothing.
You hit build and said it was "legal" because you assume the tool is its own thing that doesn't use the SDK, however it does have the SDK inside of it.

barnhilltrckn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well who cares??? Did anyone get hurt?? Everyone needs to get over using the official sdk and go back to the good days with something like xbins.........call it Nxbins or something. If an update comes out just tell everyone it's in the "usual places" and then nobody gets hurt over it.

Reactions: Centergaming
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol