Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r150 is out:

QUOTE said:
Load external bios files.

put arm7 & 9 bios files in SD:/DSBIOS or USB:/DSBIOS must be named :-

biosnds9.rom & biosnds7.rom

Site @ http://code.google.com/p/desmumewii/source/list

EDIT: r151 is out. Check the link above for the changelog.
smile.gif

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think with the bios files you can get into the ds menu where you change your nickname and the date and i think wifi settings. i could never get it to work on the pc desmume though, it would crash if i told it to load the bios.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
farcry15 said:
i think with the bios files you can get into the ds menu where you change your nickname and the date and i think wifi settings. i could never get it to work on the pc desmume though, it would crash if i told it to load the bios.

Indeed, but what benefit will this offer? I'm hoping speed increase in future, and greater compatibility?

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. I always dreamt, but never thought it would see the light of day...

Btw, does this have USB support, or is it just SD/SDHC atm? Idc really, but gotsta know if I can give a USB stick a purpose, lol.

EDIT: Sorry for being a noob, but how do I make a dol out of the Rev. 151?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Previously, some games needed a dummy bios file to work.
They just used a real bios file instead, but I don't think it changed the compatibility (yet). Maybe it will have some use later.

For the DS menu, isn't the Firmware instead of the Bios needed ? (humm, maybe my English is bad here)

I complied up to 150 with the dualscreen separated layout.

I didn't test 151 yet, but don't forget that 151 changed the way the folders are used :
device://DS/ROMS/
device://DS/BIOS/
device://DS/SAVES/

instead of (up to 150) :
device://DSROM/
device://DSBIOS/
(no save folders)

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I updated the download on the google code page ( http://code.google.com/p/desmumewii/downloads/list ) to r152. It's a slightly different style of release as I've included the new directories in it. So just extract it to the root of your SD Card or USB device. I'd appreciate it if fabi would release in this style from now on as it is more convenient for users.

I put in a working subdirectory for saves in this release as it was highly requested.

This is by far the most solid, stable, accurate, and fast release yet. 99% of ROMs should be able to start and about 20% of those should be more than playable.

Thanks to everyone keeping the compatibility lists regularly updated. It helps a lot.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your work on it
smile.gif

These folder structure are better yes.

There's still a layout missing (which is very easy to add), I'll release my builds with the same folder structures as yours until the layout is added, for people playing with a separated screen.
Note that the previous release you made hadn't any space in the foldername, is it normal you added one now ?
And I thouht you put the DS/ROMS DS/SAVES DS/BIOS too, so users will know the good folder hierarchy, but there's only apps/DeSmuMe Wii/
edit : maybe you made it, but empty folders are not ziped. I made the "place NDS roms here" dummy files in my temporary builds.

What is the state of the 3dgfx scanff and you are working on? it will add the missing textures ?

Sorry I'm not helping a lot with the compatibility list, I'm always testing the same games.
If there is a particular game you want to be tested, just let us know.

Edit 2 :

Note that the previous folder architecture inside the zip (only desmumewii, without apps) was great to replace the "desmumeWii" folder while sending the zip using Wiiload.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan
Forgive me, I haven't looked at this thread for a few days. What layout are you talking about?

State of 3D graphics: We're working on it privately because we have to screw things up before we can fix them and there would be havoc if we just committed as we went along (well at least on my end there's havoc
tongue.gif
). Right now we're focusing on rewriting the gfx3d stub so that's it's similar to the opengl stub.

Dont worry about helping on the list, you're doing much better by helping users.

Side note to all users:
If anyone's feeling generous, we've begun taking donations.
You can donate to me via the ChipIn widget on my blog ( http://arikadosblog.blogspot.com ). If you're interested in donating to scanff you can contact him by e-mailing scanff at yahoo dot com . If you're interested in donating to firnis you can contact him by e-mailing firnis at yandex dot ru . If you're interested in donating to baby.lueshi you can contact him by e-mailing baby.lueshi at gmail dot com . If you're interested in donating to Dancingninja contact him by e-mailing dancinninjac at gmail dot com .

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
From few revisions now, I'm adding 48 black lines between dual-vertical-screens layout (added in second layout).
I find it useful for games like yoshi island, where you need to aim at the other screen.

All the builds I've made on my site includes this change.

Though, I didn't check the layout on 4:3 TV, I don't know if it fit the screen or not.

I noted "+" at the front of the added lines.
main.cpp
Code:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase SCREEN_VERT_NORMAL:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// normal
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂtopX = ÂÂÂÂint((rmode->viWidth / 2) - (width / 2.0f));
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂtopY = ÂÂÂÂint((rmode->viHeight / 2) - ((height * 2.0f) / 2));
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbottomX = topX;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbottomY = topY+height;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂscaley = scalex = 1.0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbreak;

+ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase SCREEN_VERT_SEPARATED:
+ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// normal
+ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂtopX = ÂÂÂÂint((rmode->viWidth / 2) - (width / 2.0f));
+ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂtopY = ÂÂÂÂint((rmode->viHeight / 2) - ((height * 2.0f) / 2) - 24);
+ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbottomX = topX;
+ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbottomY = topY+height+48;
+ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂscaley = scalex = 1.0;
+ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbreak;
+
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcase SCREEN_VERT_STRETCH:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// stretched
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂtopX = topY = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbottomX = 0;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂscalex = float(rmode->viWidth / (width));
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂscaley = float(rmode->viHeight / (height*2));
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbottomY = height;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbreak;

FrontEnd.h
Code:
// Screen layout/scale etc...
enum {
ÂÂÂÂSCREEN_VERT_NORMAL = 0,
+ÂÂÂÂSCREEN_VERT_SEPARATED,
ÂÂÂÂSCREEN_HORI_NORMAL,
ÂÂÂÂSCREEN_VERT_STRETCH,

I edited my previous post, but I add it here again, in case you missed it :
The previous folder architecture inside the zip (only desmumewii, without apps) was great, because it could replace the "desmumeWii" folder's content while sending the zip using Wiiload.
but maybe I was the only one using this method
tongue.gif
it's not a problem, yours is better I think.

If you want to add the folder architecture (including ds/roms ds/saves ds/bios), add a dummy files, because the empty folders are not included in the zip.

scanff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan, Yes I did see your code to create the space between the top and bottom screens. Sorry I've not had time to put it in the code yet. I basically spend hours this weekend debugging the 3D to find the missing texture problems. Arikado, if you want to add it I believe it was a comment on r144 (http://code.google.com/p/desmumewii/source/detail?r=144).

Basically what I'm seeing on the 3D does not make sense. I'll try and explain it as someone might have an idea of what the issue is.

The missing "flowers" on the NSMB title are using texture format TEXMODE_I8, the same as Mario on the intro. Why these are not displaying is what I've been trying to figure out. It looks like the alpha is being read in the wrong order, again does not make much sense as the Mario texture which is also TEXMODE_I8 is rendering fine. The only other thing I've been able to think of is the depth is incorrect. Also you may have noticed when the lightning hits the castle that the flowers show up.

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cyan said:
If you want to add the folder architecture (including ds/roms ds/saves ds/bios), add a dummy files, because the empty folders are not included in the zip.
"Real" archiving apps include them. WinZip for example just doesn't show empty folders. 7-zip should inlcude and show them (I only use it on command line and tehre it does).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks to you.

@Xander :
7zip seems to add empty folders correctly if file extension is .7z not .zip (or maybe there is an option)
Edit : my bad.
in fact it's here. My (outdated) winzip version just doesn't show them in the archive
tongue.gif

I'll have to switch now...

but, still, maybe it's better with dummy files if other users are using outdated winzip too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1