Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
@dlf
Bah, not crazy enough.

And regarding WiiDS: I have no idea what is up with their project. All I know is that they removed me and my team from being part of their project for no reason at all (after stuff got working well on DeSmuME Wii we were going to help make it work with their GUI but now we cant). So it looks like we're going to be doing our own GUI now (which is fine because libwiigui is super easy to do if we end up choosing to use it).

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Arikado,after trying r48 my faith raised to enormous heights.I am a believer now and I am pretty sure that you CAN ACHIEVE FULLSPEED DS emulation on Wii!!!
Congratulations to everyone in the team!

alp63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome
laugh.gif

148gx.jpg

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Niiice!

Quite a few things are working much better now. Advance wars still has bad sound, but renders properly now, 3D and all. It quickly becomes horribly slow though in-game or in the level editor, and eventually just dies to the HBC without any warning. The speed and crashing to HBC makes it unplayable, but other than that...it's great.

I haven't tried other ROMs on r148 (don't play DS that much anymore, so I don't DL them). I had a Pokemon ROM, but I deleted it to save SD space...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Shiro786 said:
panmusic said:
Arikado,after trying r48 my faith raised to enormous heights.I am a believer now and I am pretty sure that you CAN ACHIEVE FULLSPEED DS emulation on Wii!!!

We can't get fullspeed DS emulation on computers 50x stronger than the wii, yet you think you can get it on the wii...

what a fucking noob

Everything is possible.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow better and better !

148 is good !

Colour cross was not working until rev143 (2 red screens) and now it freezes on the main screen of the game (with ugly picture).

I love the new layout by Cyan (the possibility to have one screen fiting in the full TV screen), although i think the one with the 2 screens inflated to full TV screen is unecessary.

Yoshi is nearly perfect but there's still some noise glitch (when throwing something on a monster).

Anyway again congratulations.

fabi280

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://code.google.com/p/desmumewii/wiki/H...use_DeSmuME_Wii
QUOTE said:
Set-up on your SD Card

Goto the downloads page and download the latest featured release.

Extract it into your apps folder. Make sure the path is along the lines of root:/apps/namethisfolderanything/boot.dol

Place your DS ROMs in sd:/DSROM/ to make your life easier

You can select any ROM to play that is stored anywhere on your SD Card. The default directory is sd:/DSROM/

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gan1664 said:
Wow better and better !

148 is good !

Colour cross was not working until rev143 (2 red screens) and now it freezes on the main screen of the game (with ugly picture).

I love the new layout by Cyan (the possibility to have one screen fiting in the full TV screen), although i think the one with the 2 screens inflated to full TV screen is unecessary.

Yoshi is nearly perfect but there's still some noise glitch (when throwing something on a monster).

Anyway again congratulations.
Thanks, but my added layout is only the vertical dual screen separated with 48 black lines. (available on my storage website only)
I didn't add the scaled ones.

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shiro786 said:
panmusic said:

We can't get fullspeed DS emulation on computers 50x stronger than the wii, yet you think you can get it on the wii...

what a fucking noob

No fullspeed at a PC? My PC isn´t that strong, but Pokémon SoulSilver runs incredible smooth...
I have to admit, that's No$GBA, but hey, it IS possible^^

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Luigi728, just ignore the idiot. He doesn't seem to realise that you if you can't fairly compare Intel and AMD x86 processors by the clockspeeds you deffinately can't compare 2 entirely different architectures this way. Or that they are porting the app to the Wii, not just adding the controls and re-compiling a cross platform app. I've personally been amazed at emus that run at 1/50th real speed on the first release that reached usable speeds very quickly. Also I'd love to know who's got a PC 50 times the power of the Wii. I want one.

To the team, this is getting better almost every day. I don't know if you're still using an interpreter or have already started on the dynarec Arikado mentioned, but I'm hoping the former so you can well rub it in certain peoples faces when you move along to some JIT goodness.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of reaching a good speed, could (Theoretically) desmume wii reach faster speed than desmume for the pc? Or is it bound to the speed of the pc version no matter what?

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
According to alp63 who posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfrWKDYOZgI It seems that we're actually a little faster than DeSmuME PC (at the end of the video we're the same speed but through the beginning we're a little faster and then slow down and catch up). We'll have the graphical issues cleared up as soon as possible. There's also no reason at all why we can't become much faster than DeSmuME PC.

For arguments sake, and I'll admit it's a little too premature to bring this up, DeSmuME is an interpreter emulator. We could rewrite it to emulate under a dynarec instead (like what was done to Wii64 and WiiSX) and basically have full speed like those emulators did after they switched from interpretation to dynarec emulation. This would probably require a ton of work (unless their is an open source dynarec we could easily port to work on the Wii -- we havent really looked yet tbh) but we're more than willing to do it eventually. First though, we're just trying to get all of the ROMs to render and play correctly (albeit slowly for the moment).

Thank you for all of the support. And thank you to Mr.Mugiwara for posting the video I uploaded last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnyLTDDx4qA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Except all of reddit 4chan and YouTube reviewers