Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
OArikadoO said:
@Jacobein
Kewl, will test it out later. Or better yet, you could make me a patch and I could test it out now
wink.gif

here you go, tested and working
using directly RGB5A3 removes 256*192 access to the now useless conversion table and I also optimized the blitter function to reduce the complexity of calculations
it is *theorically* faster but probably not so much noticeable

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?q1j4ntmyzqy

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Good news gents. We got some very basic 3D working. It's not anywhere close to perfect, but you can view 3D objects and some of the more important textures on them. I'm probably going to spend my entire night sleeplessly working on this.

@Jacobeian
Thanks! I'll committ it if it works as you say it does.
EDIT: Unfortunately, it's not letting me apply your patch. I'm trying on an unaltered r81. Should I downgrade to a lower rev in order to apply it?

Dr.Killa

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OArikadoO said:
Good news gents. We got some very basic 3D working. It's not anywhere close to perfect, but you can view 3D objects and some of the more important textures on them. I'm probably going to spend my entire night sleeplessly working on this.

@Jacobeian
Thanks! I'll committ it if it works as you say it does.

quick question, but how does that work, do u just fix hex numbers or something?

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do I apply the patch?
Also where's rev81 located?
Glad to see this isn't fake, considering what tomorrow is.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see me using this alot when it reachs a stable release.
Theres some DS games that would be great with a large screen.
Scribblenuats for one.
Plus many of those games that use the top screen almost exclusively.

Plus we've already seen how well something like this would work with the last Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles DS game and it's Wii Port.

I look forward to messing around with this.
I hope one day they figure out how to get online play and maybe Wii to DS functions working with it.
Would be awesome.... would never happen but be awesome.
Other emulators have still yet to get online play or connection functions :/

Also the emulator would be nice on a wide screen TV at 480p.
Shouldn't be too hard to fit both screens side by side with decent size.
Though I wouldn't mind being stuck with a screen switch button.

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow.. great progress,I kinda gave up on a ds/wii emulater ,but this here is awesome!
Anyway,I have this problem where the app reboots to the homebrew channal after launching a few commands and saying
wooot! wvm found!
what does that mean? and how do I fix this?

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dinoguy said:
Wow.. great progress,I kinda gave up on a ds/wii emulater ,but this here is awesome!
Anyway,I have this problem where the app reboots to the homebrew channal after launching a few commands and saying
wooot! wvm found!
what does that mean? and how do I fix this?
Create a dsrom folder on the root of your sd card and put your roms in there

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello and congratulations !

I couldn't believe it until i saw it !

I was thinking something:

how about a big screen with 2/3 of the size of the TV screen and a small one (1/3 of the size) and the possibility to switch which screen is larger ?

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good work!!! Loving this more and more with each rev.

Can't wait to see full 3D rendering and maybe more control schemes (wiimote+nunchuk??)
Also, +1 for the big/small screen with option to switch/zoom.

And how about an option to turn the screen 90 degrees for games like rythm paradise/brain training?

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Good progress update:

1)Last night, baby.lueshi was successful in rewriting the sound system to not use SDL. By doing so, we do not only get more accurate emulation and a speed boost, we are now ready to begin completely removing SDL from the project (I rewrote the controls to no longer use SDL awhile ago and worked with baby.lueshi to rid SDL from the video components of the emulator). Once we get rid of SDL completely, we will get a huge boost in available memory to work with and another huge boost in emulation speed.

2)Scanff and I continue to closely work together on improving 3D. We have made some good progress and scanff will probably committ our work into the SVN later today.

3)We'll be removing Jacobien's patch. While it did fix the color on Yoshi's Island (which was the only ROM I tried it with) it screwed up the coloring on the phoenix wright titles and mario and luigi partners in time and many more ROMs.

4)I'm going to school today
frown.gif
I took the last few days off partly because I was sick but mainly because I wanted to work on DeSmuME Wii. The team knows what to do without me hanging around though so there will probably be updates to the emulator despite the lack of my presence. I will continue to work on it and keep you informed when my school day is over lol.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
OArikadoO said:
3)We'll be removing Jacobien's patch. While it did fix the color on Yoshi's Island (which was the only ROM I tried it with) it screwed up the coloring on the phoenix wright titles and mario and luigi partners in time and many more ROMs.

huh, that's weird, there must be something going wrong with this format then or the way we convert pixels, I will try to look at these games to see what the problem is because it's always better to undesrtand where the problem comes from instead of just ignoring it : it's a pity you have to convert the pixels back to RGB565 when the Wii is supposed to handle NDS format (RGB555) natively
blink.gif

edit: OK, find it, stupid typo error

CODE#define RGB15_REVERSE(col) ( 0x8000 | (((col) & 0x001F) > 10) )
should be

CODE#define RGB15_REVERSE(col) ( 0x8000 | (((col) & 0x001F) > 10) )

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
OArikadoO said:
4)I'm going to school today
frown.gif
I took the last few days off partly because I was sick but mainly because I wanted to work on DeSmuME Wii. The team knows what to do without me hanging around though so there will probably be updates to the emulator despite the lack of my presence. I will continue to work on it and keep you informed when my school day is over lol.

Schools first! We are all happy for your project
smile.gif
So no worries. Take the time it needs
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches