Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My english is not very good so i made an exemple of what i was saying:

DESmuMEWiirender.jpg

With the possibility of switching between the two screen.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I like Gan idea
smile.gif

Both screens are not always needed at the same time.

Another idea :
quick press on button 2 (or GC_UP) to swap screen position
long press (1sec) on button 2 (or GC_UP) to change layout from :
- 1:1 glued screen
- 1:1 with separated screen in the middle
- 2:3/1:3

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I also have the feeling the aspect ratio in DesMume Wii is not correct, if you look closer to the real NDS screen dimension, it does not display 1:1 pixels, i.e the 256 pixels need to be stretched horizontally to some larger width (maybe 320 ?)

example, on ths thread, someone captured its DSi video output to TV, it looks a little bit too stretched because of 16:9 LCD but you got the idea:

3916714990_dce47aface.jpg

ANd here's some quick examples found on google image for the emulator layout:

NDS%20Lite.jpg

screen_01.jpg

I will try to modify & convert the last one (basic) into a GX texture and see how much memory it uses, using compressed format might help as well.

strict9gs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having troubles getting this emu to work, i found elsewhere a forwarder channel to this, when i boot it up it goes for a second , and then gives me a code dump.......and when i access it from the "hbc" it just goes black....any suggestions????.......any help would be awesome guys thanks!!!!! btw- for those who r wondering and if it matters at all im on a 4.2u wii ,softmodded w/ usbl gx ,up to rev 17 on cIOS249 and the emu ver. im using is r78........i also have been trying wiids r66, in that one(which this one is based off,or vise versa...cant remember lol) i get it to boot up in the "hbc" and show games i have on the sdhc card , i can even scroll through them for about 30 sec. when it freezes up and gives me an error code as well!! not sure what to do at this point, wait for a newer rev. or is there something else i could try?.....thanks again

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
start from scratch, go here and read the directions, make sure you have a compatible DSROM and see what happens if you just boot it from HBC. If it does it again it may be the rev, just wait on a new one. I tried r73 and it worked real good. This is in it's real early stages so please give it some time and thanks for testing.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
LufianGuy said:
What is the current rev because wiibrew says r79, but I think we are past that aren't we?
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DeSmuME_Wii

Where can I get the latest rev?
http://code.google.com/p/desmumewii/source/list
Revision 83 at the time of writing this.

There is not always a .dol with the latest revision.
If you want to test the current (or even a later) revision, you will need a svn client and compile the source yourself to create the .dol

If you are on windows, you can use "Tortoise SVN".
install it, create an empty folder, go inside the new folder and right clic here
choose menu "svn Checkout..."
on the URL box, type http://desmumewii.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
it will download the latester revision source to your folder.

If you want to compile it, you will have to install devkitpro

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LufianGuy said:
What is the current rev because wiibrew says r79, but I think we are past that aren't we?
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DeSmuME_Wii

Where can I get the latest rev?

Be careful. r79 broken with some games like Megaman Battle Network 5 Double Team because it was showing the title screen on rev68 but rev79 it was flash and stutter on the blank screen.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
dabotsonline said:
Are there any plans to add DeSmuME Wii to the Homebrew Browser?
It's still in development, and it's heavily updated, homebrew browser can't be updated daily to follow the emulator progress.
I'm sure it will be integrated when the emulator will be in a more final state.

Edit :
I'm not sure, but I feel like stylus is not working at all for me.
I tried clicking, moving everywhere, it does nothing. (last tested on r82)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Gan1664 said:
My english is not very good so i made an exemple of what i was saying:

With the possibility of switching between the two screen.
If this Emu has a model, it would be Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. It showed pretty much the basics of DS Emu on Wii, and it did that well. You could tweak the Ideas from there a bit. For Example the Layout:
Final-Fantasy20.jpg

Nicely done, but it had some limitations on the Wii (though, I forgot which ones
tongue.gif
. Something with Zooming limited...). Also, if this Emu will somehow be able to use the DS for Controlls, like FFCC:EoT, it would be awesome. Though it's pretty unlikely...and you would probably need a Flashcard...

Oh well...this isn's needed right now anyways. Finish the Core first, it's more important. But it's impressive what has been achieved
smile.gif
. Great work @the devs
yaywii.gif

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you compile this? When I try to compile it in programmers Notepad (By opening "Makefile", and then pressing alt + 1), it spews out "error 2". I have the newest version from devkitpro, plus all of the added libraries.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Arikado, any chance of a fresh compile, just looked at the google code page and it looks like some good stuffs a happening
tongue.gif

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
The only thing preventing me from popping out a new release right now is that our new sound core has a lot of static in it. Once this is resolved, you can count on me releasing a new compilation. Also, I'll try to get 3D working better (we have a little 3D rendering now but not enough textures for it to look complete) as I fix up sound with the other guys.

In short: I'll release it when it's worth your time to use. Count on it
wink.gif

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I compile desmume wii r84 I get these files:

dsemumewii.png

Then I get this error here:

desmumewii2.png

Any help would be welcome since I'd like to know how to do this for future revisions and this one.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Toni

the error start at "zlib.h" not found.
it seems you are missing some files in your devkitpro portlib folder (I think this is the one from that folder, not sure).

I have zlib.h in libogc and portlib folder, I think you have libOGC up to date, so it could be portlibs.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/portlibs/
download all the *-ppc.tar.bz2
extract in devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/

r84 & r85 doesn't work.
I have 2 white screen on yoshi island and sound is scratching
tested with yoshi touch & go, and polarium too.
Maybe I don't have the good compiler version and/or librairies too :/

r82+color fix is working, r83+color fix is working but with statics in sound
(color fix = 11->10)

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I updated the build available for download to r85.

Sound takes a small performance hit in this release. Apologies that it can be a little scratchy, we are working hard on improving it. For the most part, you should not notice any issues with it.
Colors have been perfected now.
The filebrowser has been rewritten and is not only more pleasant to use but has had a couple bugs fixed.
There is some basic 3D rendering now. This should make 3D games much more playable.
Emulation as a whole has had a speed increase.
Hopefully, we have increased the amount of ROMs which can be started now and do not freeze.

Enjoy
smile.gif

On a side note: I have just heard the Sonic Rush games work almost perfectly and are great to use.

On a side side note: I am looking forward to seeing the compatibility list edited under this new release. Thank you very much for everyone's hard work
smile.gif

On a side side side note: It would be cool to see a new video using the emulator since this is a sort of more significant release.

Cyan: Sounds like theres something wrong with your compilation. The build I just posted of r85 should work great for you. Try it out and let me know please
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nigeria's central bank did make crypto illegal before, until last year they lifted the ban...