Status
Not open for further replies.

sailor_moon

Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I seriously hope that make a 'last saved location' hack soon.

*Edit*

Let me rephase this. I hope they make a "Be at this position on map" code so you could be in a different city/town from where your last save was.

gtaking112

Trophies
XP
Country
Shininess in Kalos bred/caught is related to a shiny value.
To be precise, the shiny value is derived from the TID and SID relationship with 0-15 (out of 4095). (total 4096 slots).

If we look back at the fundamentals of how the game recognises a Pokemon to be shiny:

TrainerID xor SecretID) xor (PersonalityValue>>16 xor (PersonalityValue mod 65536)) must be less than 16,
This results in a probability of 16/65536 or 1/4096

From what I read, Datel is trying to maintain TID of the Pokemon.
So either the SID or the PID is changed.

Either it changes the SID, so that after the xored it'll be in the range of 0-15.
Easy test: As the SID of the Pokemon itself (not the trainer) is changed, the trainer shouldn't be able to rename it.

Else, it's the PID changed to fit the TID and SID.

(but I remembered reading it to be SID that is changed..)

If it's the SID that's changed then the hacked shiny Pokemon would be completely legit looking as long as the TIS/SID combo was a valid one =/ I highly doubt Datel are messing with the PID as the PID is generated by a variety of different methods. Can someone test if you're able to rename these Pokemon? Also, can you trade them over wifi?

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I made a few of my team members shiny. Now I get boosted experience from the shinies but not from the normal team members. I think there may be a bug in Datel's server's shiny calculations or procedures. Is anyone else afflicted with this apparent bug?
:grog::teach:

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just bought one so i can use Kaphotics KeySAV.
can it be used to backup/restore ds games?
i'd like to edit my retail soulsilver and white 2 cartridge save games.
if not what is recommended for that purpose?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I made a few of my team members shiny. Now I get boosted experience from the shinies but not from the normal team members. I think there may be a bug in Datel's server's shiny calculations or procedures. Is anyone else afflicted with this apparent bug?
:grog::teach:

It's not a bug; they intentionally changed your Pokemon's SID for it to be shiny.

As long as one of the three (OT, TID or SID) is different,
it'll be treated as traded Pokemon.

Mean's no nicknaming, boosted experience etc.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrypted save files. Anything is editable.

We can't do injection at the moment, but we have done decryption of an entire save.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrypted save files. Anything is editable.

We can't do injection at the moment, but we have done decryption of an entire save.
If that's possible then a Pokegen like program should be doable very soon. Good find, can't wait to see more progress.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's possible then a Pokegen like program should be doable very soon. Good find, can't wait to see more progress.

PKHeX and codemonkey85's editor (later PKMDS) already support editing of files, just not saves.

There won't be save-editor style programs for a while because this decryption stuff isn't some joe-schmoe can do.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PKHeX and codemonkey85's editor (later PKMDS) already support editing of files, just not saves.

There won't be save-editor style programs for a while because this decryption stuff isn't some joe-schmoe can do.
Out of curiousity, if a Pokegen program was created could nintendo do anything about it? As far as instacheck went they encrypted the Wifi servers but they can't do anything with gamesave encryption right? Just double checking.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is good to know. One more question, I got a friend who wasnt fortunate enough to find out his Secret ID before they took down instacheck, could the Keysav program be used to check that or is it purely for IV and shiny values only?

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is good to know. One more question, I got a friend who wasnt fortunate enough to find out his Secret ID before they took down instacheck, could the Keysav program be used to check that or is it purely for IV and shiny values only?

Naw, KeySAV wasn't designed to aid cheaters in dumping uncalculatable data.

Can always just SID = (SV<<4)^TID + (0,15)

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty contradictory considering the nature of the program is to cheat for shinies in the first place. I'll just try the formula you suggested, Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto