Hacking Datel Powersaves now supports Pokemon X/Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Its a tool to allow backup and restore of your gamesave data on 3DS games (not sure if it works on DS, never tried), as a bonus you are able to cheat too, unlike previous generations of cheating this device saves the data for cheating onto your gamesave rather than modifying the RAM. This is a better method to hack since Datel never has to worry about firmware on the 3DS, the only way they could be stopped is if Nintendo were to distribute future games with better encryption.
oh I see ... Thanks
noo they will ruin pokemon conpetitive AGAIN XD
well this device of reading the cart is very interesting, I wonder if someone will one day plug it on a wiiu and make you can play ds/#ds games there haha (I can dream, right?)

well it don't look so aceciblle like the flashcard way to cheats but I'm sure it will be well known soon :B
I wonder if it can do things like region unlocking ? idk can a cheat on the save make the game think it's from another region ? lol XD

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh I see ... Thanks
noo they will ruin pokemon conpetitive AGAIN XD
well this device of reading the cart is very interesting, I wonder if someone will one day plug it on a wiiu and make you can play ds/#ds games there haha (I can dream, right?)

well it don't look so aceciblle like the flashcard way to cheats but I'm sure it will be well known soon :B
I wonder if it can do things like region unlocking ? idk can a cheat on the save make the game think it's from another region ? lol XD
The competitive scene was never ruined to begin with, you cant bring online hacked pokemon without them being in their proper parameters (stats, moves, abilities). The only advantage hacking gives you is saved time, nothing else.

As far as the Wii U goes, Nintendo announced earlier this year they are officially releasing DS games on the eShop. If your gonna pirate DS games I recommend getting a flashcart, preferably the Supercard DStwo cause their support is amazing.

Reactions: dot7z

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not a bug; they intentionally changed your Pokemon's SID for it to be shiny.

As long as one of the three (OT, TID or SID) is different,
it'll be treated as traded Pokemon.

Mean's no nicknaming, boosted experience etc.
I am sure it IS a bug. The "make shiny" function is handled correctly in the program "Pokemon Maker" by kpdavatar:

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/kpdavatar/PokemonMakerV4x.html

I was a minor contributor. I discovered a bit in the 80 byte Pokemon data block which had previously been unused, but now had to be ON in order for Mew & Deoxys to obey the trainer. If you click the "Thanks" button you can see my credit:
"BurleyEd For Info. on Fire/Leaf, obediant Deoxys/Mew..."

If you click on the HELP! button, you can see the source. It is extremely well documented!

Datel's Powersaves program handles the "make pokemon shiny" task wrong!
It creates a shiny traded (disobedient) pokemon. PokemonMaker creates a shiny obedient (not traded) pokemon. There is more than 1 way to make a pokemon shiny. KPD found the way to make the pokemon shiny without destroying its untraded status.

If I remember correctly (a low probabability as I am now 76), you could also "take ownership" of a traded pokemon and rename it, etc. Your mileage may vary.

:grog::teach:

DRWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure it IS a bug. The "make shiny" function is handled correctly in the program "Pokemon Maker" by kpdavatar:

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/kpdavatar/PokemonMakerV4x.html

I was a minor contributor. I discovered a bit in the 80 byte Pokemon data block which had previously been unused, but now had to be ON in order for Mew & Deoxys to obey the trainer. If you click the "Thanks" button you can see my credit:
"BurleyEd For Info. on Fire/Leaf, obediant Deoxys/Mew..."

If you click on the HELP! button, you can see the source. It is extremely well documented!

Datel's Powersaves program handles the "make pokemon shiny" task wrong!
It creates a shiny traded (disobedient) pokemon. PokemonMaker creates a shiny obedient (not traded) pokemon. There is more than 1 way to make a pokemon shiny. KPD found the way to make the pokemon shiny without destroying its untraded status.

If I remember correctly (a low probabability as I am now 76), you could also "take ownership" of a traded pokemon and rename it, etc. Your mileage may vary.

:grog::teach:

I'm afraid it was Pokemon Maker that actually handled the "make shiny" function incorrectly. It edited the PID of the Pokemon directly. It was discovered later on that the PID is actually tied to the IVs of a wild Pokemon by the RNG, so by editing the PID they were no longer legal.

Here's some reading for you: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pid_iv_creation

By editing only the TID\SID of the Pokemon in XY, Powersaves creates Pokemon that are still legal (aside from the shiny-locked legends).

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Of all things, why did you quote something a rather obsolete generation now? (Gen III)
Furthermore, it is known amongst people who actually read on creating/hacking pokemon that in Gen III and IV, there is PID-IV correlation.

To prevent messing with the PID, they dealt with SID.

Extra info
Chances are, PID might not be tied to IVs anymore, but it's still tied to gender.
Using, only 16 values are required to be calculated. (which any 1 of the 16 can be used)
Using PID, hoho, I don't even want to count.

My point: the definition of 'bug', is that a string of code doesn't do what which was intended.
They did it, as intended, hence it's not a bug.

I'm not being mean, but if you don't like the fact that it changes your SID, catch your own shiny.
I have 2 boxes of shinies in pokemon Y, and I haven't even gotten to use my Powersaves yet.

PID is something that shouldn't be messed with.
Unless they know for sure that there is no correlation to any stats.

EDIT:

I'm assuming you're saying they're disobedient, because you don't have enough badges.
It has nothing to do with the fateful&obedient flag for Mew and Deoxys.

rookief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hm ordered mine last week. ebay seller says it will only arrive earliest 2wks time or latest 6wks!!!
just wondering if any kind souls can make my pokes shinies? not really useful competitive pokes just random flawless pokes for collection. worth a try since mine's not coming anytime soon :/

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm ordered mine last week. ebay seller says it will only arrive earliest 2wks time or latest 6wks!!!
just wondering if any kind souls can make my pokes shinies? not really useful competitive pokes just random flawless pokes for collection. worth a try since mine's not coming anytime soon :/
I would cancel and order off Amazon, I got it in less than a week of ordering. Thats assuming the seller didnt ship already.

P.S. Unless you want shiny kalos native pokemon, you can already get shiny though pokegen.

rookief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I would cancel and order off Amazon, I got it in less than a week of ordering. Thats assuming the seller didnt ship already.

P.S. Unless you want shiny kalos native pokemon, you can already get shiny though pokegen.

well i live in singapore so i assume thats why its gona take so long. for my case, buying from amazon is twice the price of that of ebay and do you think it will really guarantee a quicker delivery? if so i may consider buying two. and yea i wan shiny kalos native pokes for collection and would really appreciate some help!

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The competitive scene was never ruined to begin with, you cant bring online hacked pokemon without them being in their proper parameters (stats, moves, abilities). The only advantage hacking gives you is saved time, nothing else.

As far as the Wii U goes, Nintendo announced earlier this year they are officially releasing DS games on the eShop. If your gonna pirate DS games I recommend getting a flashcart, preferably the Supercard DStwo cause their support is amazing.
well this time saving as advantage isnt it all.. the cometitives actualy IS doing it by yourself, dont matter if still proper.. it's like playing zelda and going direct for the last boss, you save time but lost all the gaming lol
but idk just my opinion, I don't play competitive anyway to get angry with that like one friend does

abou flahscard I still have my old faked first R4 and working well for now but I'm thinking about the DStwo XD
but I meant by using the retail games(maybe fash card too?lolo) you already have on the console ... thinking of buying a game you already have just to play in ig screens isn't much attractive :B

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DRWS and Queno138

I appreciate your attempts to educate me on recent events. I know I live in the past, but things are cheaper (t)here!

My only indirect involvement with shiny hacking was in 2004 with FRLG IIRC.
It started after someone found ways to make a Mew, Deoxys, Lugia and others but they would not obey trainers orders - regardless of badges. I found the 1-bit fix which I called the Obedient Bit. This somehow led to my brief and minor involvement with KPD's development of pokemonmaker.

I considered pokemonmaker to be the Gold Standard. It could change hidden power type, shiny status, gender, etc. Trainers could adopt traded pokemon and you could rename them and they would obey, regardless of badges.

Other poke editors still seem wrong. I never knew why until now. IVs are now sacred.
They used to be considered random but immutable and almost insignificant compared to EVs. Now they have gained significance and people spend considerable effort breeding to change them.

Did you know: The PID is involved in almost everything in Pokemon, even the unique spots on each Spinda. Maybe it should be treated as sacred.

Thank you (both).

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
DRWS and Queno138

I appreciate your attempts to educate me on recent events. I know I live in the past, but things are cheaper (t)here!

My only indirect involvement with shiny hacking was in 2004 with FRLG IIRC.
It started after someone found ways to make a Mew, Deoxys, Lugia and others but they would not obey trainers orders - regardless of badges. I found the 1-bit fix which I called the Obedient Bit. This somehow led to my brief and minor involvement with KPD's development of pokemonmaker.

I considered pokemonmaker to be the Gold Standard. It could change hidden power type, shiny status, gender, etc. Trainers could adopt traded pokemon and you could rename them and they would obey, regardless of badges.

Other poke editors still seem wrong. I never knew why until now. IVs are now sacred.
They used to be considered random but immutable and almost insignificant compared to EVs. Now they have gained significance and people spend considerable effort breeding to change them.

Did you know: The PID is involved in almost everything in Pokemon, even the unique spots on each Spinda. Maybe it should be treated as sacred.

Thank you (both).

In my opinion, it's great that you discovered the obedience bit.
Back then I wasn't into hacking and save editors, so I relied on the creator for GSV codes,
and I noticed the obedience bit was actually important. (I attempted to hack in a Mew and it wouldn't listen)

It was only in the later days when I was using Projectpokemon.org, that I was surprised my pokemon were all flagged illegal in the legitimacy checker.

IVs now aren't sacred, since it's so easy to breed. But there's always the possibility that PID are tied to time or certain algo
(though right now I simply created PIDs in Pokegen and import.)
PID are still tied to gender though. But it's no longer tied to ability (due to introduction of ability capsule).

Anyway, if Powersaves one day allows us to "custom make our Pokemon",
the workaround is to use a shiny chained/fished pokemon, and change everything on it to appear legal.
At least it's legal shiny pid, right ><

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well this time saving as advantage isnt it all.. the cometitives actualy IS doing it by yourself, dont matter if still proper.. it's like playing zelda and going direct for the last boss, you save time but lost all the gaming lol
but idk just my opinion, I don't play competitive anyway to get angry with that like one friend does

abou flahscard I still have my old faked first R4 and working well for now but I'm thinking about the DStwo XD
but I meant by using the retail games(maybe fash card too?lolo) you already have on the console ... thinking of buying a game you already have just to play in ig screens isn't much attractive :B
So your pretty much telling others how "they should play". That's not your call to make, if they go to VGC and get caught with hacked pokemon that's on them for doing a poor job. People of all ages like to play pokemon and while its an enjoyable game don't find playing a bike simulator a skillful or meaningful part of the game. You can't hack in skill so it really comes down to who knows their stuff when you do face a potential hacker online.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well, bore the people get in hand the knowinngof Ivs and training stuufs , they way to be the best was playing the game, now its just who's the best assembling these stuffs on the "unaturral way" but just a thounght, as I said, I don´t plan to play the competitive way so I don't mind XD

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if Datel will be adding codes for evolution stones? I see they've added codes to get for the mega stones. Do you have to request the codes or will they eventually add them?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you have to do is earn them once and then you can go ahead and use the max item code to get as many of those stones as you need. If you don't feel like earning the stone yourself you could ask a friend to borrow theirs and agree to send them back 3-5 stones in return (:

Just something you can do in the meantime for the lack of specific item codes.

D

Deleted-225780

Kind of unrelated to the ongoing topic, but does anyone know if the Pokemon Y codes will work on my Australian version of Pokemon Y?, because I don't want to waste my money ordering Powersaves if it doesn't work. Thanks.

MistahJayden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a question. So are there any pokemon duplication codes? Using the Two 3DS' is very tedious and annoying to constantly do it. I have about a box full of pokes I want to duplicate but doing that would require me to sit there all day and the second 3DS isn't mine.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I also have a question. So are there any pokemon duplication codes? Using the Two 3DS' is very tedious and annoying to constantly do it. I have about a box full of pokes I want to duplicate but doing that would require me to sit there all day and the second 3DS isn't mine.

Backup save. Upload to Bank. Restore save. Done.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
backup and restore exists.

Damn, I've been Ninja'd

MistahJayden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao. I see, well that makes it much easier than what I'm doing. Thanks a lot guys. I've ordered mine yesterday (Gamestop didn't even know it existed x.x) so I'll try to update some stuff with that when it gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto