Gaming Danball Senki BOOST translation help

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an account to say thank you for putting in the effort in translating this gem of a game. I hope that you manage to keep this alive. Keep up the good job and keep fighting through to get this translated for us!:yay::gun::psp:

Hey not a problem man. This game has been quite the learning experience for me so I'm glad to translate it.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Good looking screenshot CrashmanX :) The font/image for the "Battle Select" looks cool. You think someone could makes something that looks just as cool in English?

Also, 70 more lines to go for weaponexplain. Took a few days off for my best friend's wedding. Travel lag is killing me... At least I got to spend 2 days of uninterrupted gaming during transit :)

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take all the time you need.
As far as the font, that's up to Maxtram. He's the one who's been doing the image editing. I trust him to find a similar font or make something.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try again. The link should be fixed.
Just gotta remember to log into MediaFire every so often so the links stay alive.

Maxtram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i've have a ton of thing to do lately but i always check whats going here and i made a superfitial editing on the image uploaded by crashmanx with a font i found right now

here it is
6QF4ba1.png

and here are some other test
fonttest.png

who can guess from where its the second font :P

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's supposed to be Battle Conditions actually but not bad at all.
1st Font is... modified perfect Dark?
2nd is Medabots
3rd is Star Wars "Basic"
4th is..... looks so familiar.... not sure.

IMO first font looks pretty good. All of them look awesome though bro.

Maxtram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I think it's supposed to be Battle Conditions actually but not bad at all.
1st Font is... modified perfect Dark?
2nd is Medabots
3rd is Star Wars "Basic"
4th is..... looks so familiar.... not sure.

IMO first font looks pretty good. All of them look awesome though bro.
yeah i think im going to stay with the first one
its not modfied Perfect Dark but its close to it now that i think about it

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First font, second one could have been a good thing too but the others are just unreadable ^^
The first one is a little bit more funky.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree. I like the first one better but the second one is a a close second :). Also, Crash, did you rename all the four holy beasts in menumessage back to Byakko and Genbu from Whitefox and Xuanwu? I'm not sure if I already mentioned it or not.

I'm about 50 lines left from finishing with the weapon descriptions. How's the progress on the other text?

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I have.
Progress on other text has been updated on the main page. Few more files done but nothing REALLY major. Slowly progressing, been busy with RL stuff and Japanese lessons.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Oooh... self study. Good luck with that :) You a big fan of manga? I recommend reading raws as a way to familiarise yourself with sentence structures, especially raws that are already translated by other people, to see how they handled the translation and whether you would use the same translation etc. I used do that but now I do it with anime and english games with japanese voices.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I am. I've been trying with Danball to view sentence Structure and try to learn some Kanji as well.
Of course this doesn't mean I'm not doing a good job of translating Danball. I'm putting forth my full effort for it. Only the best actually makes it into the game.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, working on this translation would definitely speed up that acquirement process, at least for the reading part. Wanting to enjoy foreign games without waiting for someone else to translate it or wanting to bring a great game to a greater audience that would have never found it is a great motivator to learn a new language I suppose. :)

EDIT:
Here's the completed LBXWEAPONEXPLAIN. I'll be taking a small break, overloaded right now, before I start on a new file.

Attachments

• LBXWEAPONEXPLAIN_JP.BTX.txt
    71.2 KB · Views: 254

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! Thanks Frank! This finishes up the majority of the MessageData folder!
Sorry bout the lack of updates guys, been pretty busy with classes. Gotta power through an 8 page History paper.
Next week, however is spring break so I'll be able to dedicate a lot of time to it then.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah excellent. I was just about to resume work on it myself.
Gonna have to work and cut down certain weapon explanations (the JP versions are rather short) but that's further down the line.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
I realised that skillexpmessage.pac's lines are in duplicate. SPFUNC_DETAILEXPLAIN_JP.BTX and SPFUNC_EXPLAIN_JP.BTX are exactly the same as far as I can see. That means that it won't take as long as I thought. What are you working on CrashmanX if I may ask?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...