Damn you GAMESTOP EMPLOYEE!!!!

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I went by Gamestop yesterday, and the guy at the counter asks if I was looking for anything in particular. I told him I was just browsing. He then proceeds to ask me if I have tried the new Medal of Honor out. I told him no. I told him that I hadn't given it a chance yet because the videos for the game made it look unpolished, and overall unappealing. I then game him the example of Modern Warfare 2. I told him that I felt the controls of MW2 to be very responsive and the HUD refined. As soon as the word COD flew from my mouth he immediately starts to interrupt me. After I let him get a word in, I immediately regret it as the first thing that springs from his mouth is: So what you're saying is that you're a casual gamer who just jumps on what is popular. I immediately begin to provide outraged rebuttal, and tell him straight up just how long I have played video games... since I was five. He then says he is having trouble believing that. So about an hour later, I pick up a copy of the game and take it to a fairly good friend of mine who is the other clerk. I tell her that if he had said that anywhere other than Gamestop then he would be viewing those cute little birdies up close. She is like oh just ignore him, he's a n00b. Epic W1N.

30 minutes later I leave the store after some lengthy conversations with some random friends I used to hang out with. I head over to my friend's house and we pop the game in. First impressions after jumping directly into online play were not good. The first problem occurred when I realized that the gameplay was almost identical to Bad Company 2. In fact this might as well be Bad Company 3... Which the beta for was located in the MoH box.
dry.gif
I hated BC2's gameplay. Too slow and clunky. I decided to give it a chance, and five minutes in I learned that the controls seemed really unresponsive. I would have to hold the crouch button to crouch, and sometimes I would just pop back up. Many of my deaths were because of this "slight" problem. I got used to the sway of walking and gunning, but when you just tapped the control stick forward 1 step, you would then take 2 steps back. I WTF'd, and told my friend we'll do some campaign to see if it was just the online mode. It was just the damn online mode. So I decided to take it home and see if it was a problem with his setup, and that solved my problem. I got home and played non-stop for 4 hours. As I ranked up, I realized how limited the weapon choices were. There are 3 classes, and as you rank up in each of them, you unlock everything. There are from what I have seen are 4 assault rifles, 2 Light Machine Guns, 4 Sub-Machine guns, 2 shotguns, 2 launchers, 4 sniper rifles, and six kill streaks. There are of course several weapon upgrades, but not to the expansiveness of COD. In terms of pure customization COD has this beat by a mile. In COD I have had some shitty spwans, but MoH takes the cake. About 5 times over several matches I spawned directly behind my team mate, and directly in the path of a sniper round. This is pure bullshit. Sometimes it got so bad I would spwan and promptly die in the middle of fiery death [explosion]. Sniper rifles are also extremely over powered, not only can you hit someone from across the map, but according to the game the round also penetrates atleast 20 ft of rock and still kill me. I have seen some stupid graphical glitches before, but I have never seen an explosion powerful enough to blast a dead body through the mountain or floor and out again (at probably 100 miles per hour too).

Needless to say this game came in a wrapper, so I won't be getting my money back. Though I may just be able to get full store credit and pay off my Dark Dawn reservation.

Also is it such a crime to like something that is popular? Just because I like COD doesn't mean I jumped on it because my friends did. I started with COD online with the Wii, and believe it or not I liked it better than the 360 versions. If I have to say one thing good about Moneyvision is that their developers can make a superior and much more fun FPS than most other developers. You all can go suck the new cool thing: Hating on all the popular stuff. Which BTW ironically is getting more popular by the second.
smile.gif

EDIT: I guess you're all wonder at how stupid I must feel for misspelling "Employee". :/

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
I like the idea of using the wiimote as a gun
smile.gif

LOL EMPOLYEE
It's almost as good as a Mouse and Keyboard.

QUOTE(ripandsip @ Oct 15 2010, 06:41 AM) just some dumbass people out in the world who are full of shit.
There I just made it more true.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Until your local gameshop "empolyee"'es says that the PSP is the best selling handlehand console and the Wii is the lowest-rate-on-selling homeconsole console (Yeah, let me buy that PS3, just hang in a minute I gotta sell my house >.>) you are good to go, trust me, also when I first joined in (NDS is DEAD in Israel, the last thing known is the Gameboy Advance SP, even the micro is unknown) the handlehand community and asked for a console with large battery life because I am going to spend hours away from home, my answer was a PSP, which I asked to try out and the battery died WHILE I was playing there (which hinted me the battery life wasn't as amazing as he told me, I assumed handlehand devices couldn't handle 36 hours of gameplay back then), the only handlehand console they are aware of that can play over 10 hours without recharging is a chinese-nuckout of Tetris designed over GB pocket/color design, so trust me, MoH-fanboy "empolyee" sounds great to me, they are all CoD fanboy here, I infact hardly believe they know any more FPS then CoD

P.S, I already saw how remote control helps you with FPS games...

Yeah, right, motion controls is like mouse and keyboard, the only thing you lack is a mouse and a keyboard >.>, the only way it could look gayer is buy having the shoot command being "Xbox, shoot", and it's pretty close to that

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've only heard bad things about MoH.

The employee was an idiot for ranting about CoD. I do agree that in terms of FPS, it's a lot more casual. But it is fun in its own right (but as an ex-counterstrike semi-pro, I can't stand it).
Though he DID sell you the game, so he did his job well, lol.

Hating on something because it's popular is pointless, but there are a lot of popular things that are trash.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
I've only heard bad things about MoH.

The employee was an idiot for ranting about CoD. I do agree that in terms of FPS, it's a lot more casual. But it is fun in its own right (but as an ex-counterstrike semi-pro, I can't stand it).
Though he DID sell you the game, so he did his job well, lol.

Hating on something because it's popular is pointless, but there are a lot of popular things that are trash.
Actually, I have been looking for a reason to try it out. I buy all my games there anyways, so I thought I set myself up for a way to come back and get atleast store credit back. They like me lots there. I didn't touch any of the codes either, so I can get a full refund if I am lucky. I guess you all know how much I rant about PC FPSs, I ain't really a fan but I do play them every once in while.

@Kinect comment: There ain't no buttons on me... Well there's your problem. Kinect is such a fail, that guy was trying to sell it to other customers too. Then some people came in to ask about the PSP. They asked what the newest iteration of it was, and the PSPGO was the answer. They asked for used systems, and they replied that there weren't any because no one bought any to sell back to the store. I almost lol'd, but I held myself in tears instead.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
That would be me if I worked in Gamestop.

Kingdom Hearts? Get out.
Final Fantasy? Not serving.
Generic FPS? Don't care.
Kids crying because their mum won't get them a crappy Wii game? I quit.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Y'know instead of buying it, you could have rented it.
Instead of buying it, and hoping you can still return it for store credit, lol. Which i'm curious if they actually would do that, since they would have to sell the game as used, and thus lose a few dollars. (which I suppose they could just compensate you with a used copies worth of store credit, if they're cool).

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really wanted to piss him off right back you should have told him that you had already pirated that game and thought it sucked.
They get all pissy over the P word.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
...that's just bad service...

If I did something like that I'd be fired no question! You have to be subtle when pushing products on people! (Shutup, I hate it too, but I gots me some quotas to fill)

That said, I've been to only two gamestops ever, once each, and they were both very friendly and prompt! One actually went out of his way to find a not-dirty cartridge for me, and the other actually had helpful insight on the game.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Instead of buying it, and hoping you can still return it for store credit, lol. Which i'm curious if they actually would do that, since they would have to sell the game as used, and thus lose a few dollars. (which I suppose they could just compensate you with a used copies worth of store credit, if they're cool).
Many Gamestops/EB Games sell opened, used games that appear to be in new condition as new. They are really dishonest in that regard. I've asked employees to give me a shrink-wrapped copy after they handed me an unwrapped case with a "NEW" sticker on it after seeing several fine scratches on the disc (Metroid Prime 3).

@ OP: You've got a lot more patience than I do. As soon as the word "casual" came out of his mouth, I would've walked right out of the store.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
Hells Malice said:
Many Gamestops/EB Games sell opened, used games that appear to be in new condition as new. They are really dishonest in that regard. I've asked employees to give me a shrink-wrapped copy after they handed me an unwrapped case with a "NEW" sticker on it after seeing several fine scratches on the disc (Metroid Prime 3).

@ OP: You've got a lot more patience than I do. As soon as the word "casual" came out of his mouth, I would've walked right out of the store.

Gamestop's idea of "New" is that they haven't sold it to anyone else (because the employee playing it doesn't count). Everyone else's idea of "New" means that it hasn't been opened...

Sorry if I want a new game I pre-order it. I learned my lesson last time when buying a "New" Yu-Gi-Oh game (I don't really play them that much anymore if at all). I didn't get my free cards...boy that pissed me off...

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
Gamestop's idea of "New" is that they haven't sold it to anyone else (because the employee playing it doesn't count). Everyone else's idea of "New" means that it hasn't been opened...
Selling opened games as new causes problems, because the receipt they'll give you says you cannot return a new game once the wrap has been removed.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Luckily my gamestop doesn't (or at least, rare) sells opened games as new. I've taken "new" games off a shelf that were opened, not caring, and the dude goes into the back and always gets me a shrink wrapped copy if there is one. Unfortunately a lot of policies like that are enforced BY gamestop/EBgames, so employees have no choice in some cases.
The people who work at my local EBgames are cool though, especially the manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o