Stuff you just don't get?

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Recently I was visiting someone in prison and saw some of these contemporary dancers dancing/prancing about with no music (doing a show for the prisoners), to me they looked ridiculous and I imagined that it must be mental to be a deaf person. Anyway this guy which was the leader of the dance troupe asked me what I thought about it and I told him I didn't get it and that they all looked a bit mental. I don't think he was chuffed with my review, however honesty is the best policy. Another thing I just don't get is these drama students that wave their arms about in the air while going "swish, swish" and pretending to be a tree or something. Also those fantasy computer games that are card based/turn based - how boring are they, I mean I just don't get wha the point of them is.

What stuff do you not get and find weird that other people like?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
RTS games... I just can't get into them. StarCraft, Civilization, Skylines, etc... Anything like that is just the most boring type of game to me where you have to build up an army or city and expand. Not my thing.

I also don't get the hype behind MMO games, they're so empty and boring. Just big empty areas for people to gather and chill between "quests"... Nah fam.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I was visiting someone in prison and saw some of these contemporary dancers dancing/prancing about with no music (doing a show for the prisoners), to me they looked ridiculous and I imagined that it must be mental to be a deaf person. Anyway this guy which was the leader of the dance troupe asked me what I thought about it and I told him I didn't get it and that they all looked a bit mental. I don't think he was chuffed with my review, however honesty is the best policy. Another thing I just don't get is these drama students that wave their arms about in the air while going "swish, swish" and pretending to be a tree or something. Also those fantasy computer games that are card based/turn based - how boring are they, I mean I just don't get wha the point of them is.

What stuff do you not get and find weird that other people like?
I don't understand why so many people feel the need to be negative at every chance they get. Like do they get some kind of enjoyment when bitching about the most random of things at every possible moment?

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RTS games... I just can't get into them. StarCraft, Civilization, Skylines, etc... Anything like that is just the most boring type of game to me where you have to build up an army or city and expand. Not my thing.

I also don't get the hype behind MMO games, they're so empty and boring. Just big empty areas for people to gather and chill between "quests"... Nah fam.
Fax, I gotta force myself to try it again. Just can't get past the top down view. Don't feel immersed for whatever reason; it feels like a board game.

I have similar feelings towards Dragon Age, specifically the first one. It seems like a damn good game, but I've played through the intro probably 5 different times now and I can't get past the first few hours of the game.

I try very hard to be open to different video game genres as well. Sometimes it just doesn't seem to work out

Reactions: Jayro

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
  • The necessity of labeling everyone, and the necessity to "invent/name" things that existed a long time ago.
  • Young people, they're stupider with every new generation.
  • Adults not paying attention to their bastards, and the cycle repeats itself.
  • Economics, living a life focused in consumption and money.
  • Women, they're fucking crazy. Or more like me realizing that as I get older.
  • Assholes spending their entire lives in the Internet, so deprived from reality, that they need to label / "cancel" everything that challenges their non existent individualism and propaganda fueled personality. Everyone is "unique and different" but they're all the same kind of stupid.
  • Shared times.
  • Crypto/Stock Market.
  • Chemistry.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Why in hell Larian Studios went for Turn-Based combat on Baldur's Gate 3 with a top-down camera view.

If they had gone with action RPG ala The Witcher 3 would have made more sense to me.
I just don't get the top-down turn-based snores-fest genre.

Reactions: LightBeam

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why in hell Larian Studios went for Turn-Based combat on Baldur's Gate 3 with a top-down camera view.

If they had gone with action RPG ala The Witcher 3 would have made more sense to me.
I just don't get the top-down turn-based snores-fest genre.
It's very much an squired taste I'd say. If you grew up playing turn-based RPGs I assume it wouldn't have been as bad.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
It's very much an squired taste I'd say. If you grew up playing turn-based RPGs I assume it wouldn't have been as bad.
I guess so.
But I still find old school genres like RTS and turn based games to be outdated.

My opinion is that before 1993 technologically we had no option but to play side-scrollers and on-rails shooters but dude after Doom '93 and Escape from Castle Wolfenstein we were done with those OG genres.

I think likewise RTS, top-down and turn-based should be history by now.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess so.
But I still find old school genres like RTS and turn based games to be outdated.

My opinion is that before 1993 technologically we had no option but to play side-scrollers and on-rails shooters but dude after Doom '93 and Escape from Castle Wolfenstein we were done with those OG genres.

I think likewise RTS, top-down and turn-based should be history by now.
See I still enjoy it when it's handled well. There are definitely some bad examples out there but it can be handled well. I definitely prefer it over the button mashing combat of some modern RPGs.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Female Midget Boxing - my wife just doesn't get that at all. Personally I quite like watching them batter the shit out of each other on the "Rough N' Rowdy" youtube channel.

Mongolian Throat Singing - I just don't see how people can like that or think it's even music (although it's still better than jazz "music").

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NFTs, why clickbait still exists, why hispanic people always said the premiere date of Blue Beetle, and WRPGs
NFTs are a fucking scam. They're simply JPEGs hosted on a free file sharing site like Google Drive or Amazon's AWS. The blockchain is a joke to deceit people.

I don't understand why so many people feel the need to be negative at every chance they get. Like do they get some kind of enjoyment when bitching about the most random of things at every possible moment?
Because its for the attention. They shouldn't have to tell me how to live my life, and spread false ideologies onto others.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto