ROM Hack Daigasso band brothers Hacking

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 32,181
  • Replies 91
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi all, recently I got another ds and so I could play Daigasso with my wife, but two things were bothering me
1) when doing a multiplayer game you don't have the sound preview for the songs so your are left with the japanese titles :wtf:
2) there's songs I wanted from the expansion
So I made a little script that could easily be turned into an editor, but I don't know if there's some people wanting something like this.
Here's a screenshot of the result :
daigasso.png

(The font is not looking like the original one because the picture are generated by the script itself)

PREVIEW PATCH HERE :
http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?ti...o_Band_Brothers

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that would be helpful so we can actually see what we are doing especially when we put in hacked songs it would be even easier to see

D

Deleted User

OP
I've added another thing : I can remove all those shitty TOUCH that breaks the rhythm... It was one of the thing that made drop the game back in the days, pro was too hard for me and I wanted normal without the touch. No it's done : yipee !

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm missing something here, but you haven't released this yet I guess? If not, any info on when you'll be releasing it?

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
A Japanese friend gave me a hacked version exactly like this one. I have no idea where it originally came from though. It was a long time ago before slot 1 cards were around. Basically it's hacked to have all the song names translated to English, it also includes all the songs from the expansion pack as well as the original set of songs.

I've shown it to people and asked others about it before, but no one else had even heard of the hack i have or knows where it came from.

The file is named ABBJ_Perfect_sammy.rar anyone else have this one ?

D

Deleted User

OP
SpikeyNDS : show me some love for this project and I might release some things
wink.gif

Triforce : ALL the songs from the game AND the expansion ? I doubt it, it would mean moving a lot of hardcoded data in the binary. The only thing I'm doing is filling the original 37 slots.

cynthia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A Japanese friend gave me a hacked version exactly like this one. I have no idea where it originally came from though. It was a long time ago before slot 1 cards were around. Basically it's hacked to have all the song names translated to English, it also includes all the songs from the expansion pack as well as the original set of songs.

I've shown it to people and asked others about it before, but no one else had even heard of the hack i have or knows where it came from.

The file is named ABBJ_Perfect_sammy.rar anyone else have this one ?

I believe I have seen information on that hack in a Hong Kong forum. I really liked to try it out, but I found it a little late,
and it wasn't there to fetch anymore. Anyway, based on the replies it's from Hong Kong,

D

Deleted User

OP
There is a save editor that can do some stuff:
http://zigg.com/code/dbbsed/
new site:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbbsed/
I've seen it but the guy has not done much... I can show the song track for example :
Code:
01-0000|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|
..-....|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|
02-0010|----------------|!A#4-A#4-A#4-A#4|!F#4-F#4-F#4-F#4|!A#4-A#4-A#4-A#4|
..-....|----------------|!U  -U  -U  -U  |!D  -D  -D  -D  |!U  -U  -U  -U  |
03-0020|!G#4-G#4-G#4-G#4|-G#4-G#4-G#4-G#4|!C 5-C 5-C 5-C 5|-C 5-C 5-C 5-C 5|
..-....|!L  -L  -L  -L  |-L  -L  -L  -L  |!R+ -R+ -R+ -R+ |-R+ -R+ -R+ -R+ |
04-0030|----------------|----------------|!A 4-A 4-A 4-A 4|-G a!A 4!A 4!A 4|
..-....|----------------|----------------|!L+ -L+ -L+ -L+ |-D+ !L+ !L+ !L+ |

QUOTE said:
As for the forum it was called what triforce had but with the extension .nds.zip and was on hacken.cc: http://www.hacken.cc/ss/index.php/viewthread-8305
Mmm, this file is nothing but a save with the game completly finished.

EDIT: I've translated instrument name also...

D

Deleted User

OP
I've added a link to a preview patch in the first post.

(Note to moderators, I'm really sorry for the bumping, but because of the size of my last post I feared this annoucement would have overlooked... sorry)

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
As for the forum it was called what triforce had but with the extension .nds.zip and was on hacken.cc: http://www.hacken.cc/ss/index.php/viewthread-8305

If you scroll further down, the file ABBJ_Perfect_sammy.nds.zip, is there, posted by another user. I can't download the file because I can't figure out how to make an account.

D

Deleted User

OP
QUOTE said:

If you scroll further down, the file ABBJ_Perfect_sammy.nds.zip, is there, posted by another user. I can't download the file because I can't figure out how to make an account.
it's a very large rom of 33kb
smile.gif
Don't be fool by the name, it's a save.

Anyway, no one has trouble with the patcher ? it's a new patch file format I've created to be more noob-proof (here the patch is included in the patcher). If it is failsafe I'll make some little standard file for people making romhack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins