RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
price aside, definitely CycloDS.
CycloDS does everything SCDS does, and improves it.
It's faster, cleaner, everything.
The only thing the SCDS has that the CycloDS doesn't, is a spring loaded SD slot. But this doesn't really matter to most people, and you won't have a spring to break!

The new builds of the CycloDS fit into the DS much better, whereas with the SCDS i've had to push down a bit harder to get it out of the slot 1.

A good thing about the SCDS is that the first menu it boots up to is already the game menu so you just click an icon, whereas cyclods is the classic way of first clicking a Games button.

SCDS autoboots and skips the ds firmware menu. CycloDS natively doesnt but you can turn it on in your DS options.

Also CycloDS has more promising features coming such as real time save and load, and possibly screen capturing. Also, the cheat system is better in my opinion.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The SC-One also has a realtime cheat engine, and an in-game text reader (though these have probably been planned for CDSE already)

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think we will ever see a Slot-1 with real time save and load or screen capturing. I like the SCDS more. I like the fact it is based on moonshell so you don't need to change modes to play multi media files(I know its like that for the R4 but I am not sure about it for the CycloEvo). SDHC isn't all that great for DS anyways.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
SC-DS1 has more features than cycloDS, but lacks sdhc support at this moment, but has updateable firmware so may have that in the future.

Exclusive sc-ds1 features are...

real time cheat menu (enter cheat menu anytime during a game)

real time book/guide support (enter book/guide pages anytime during a game)

...if the cycloDS wants to have the best features it needs those 2 above asap

also the sc-ds1 has multiple save slots for each game, I'm not sure the cyclo has the feature

enigma_0Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your opinions everyone, if anyone has any more, please add them!

In particular, I am planning to run homebrew software, not NDS games, so if anyone knows what homebrew is like on the CycloDS Evolution, it'd be much appreciated!

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CycloDS is by far superior in my opinion. Its been a pioneer ever since it was released, first cart with full download play.. first cart with ingame menu.. first cart to announce a bunch of features such as slowmotion and dldi autopatch. I think its far easier to use than SCDS and its far more promising. Its also future proof with its SDHC support; this alone should be a reason to buy. SCDS will probably not be able to add SDHC support in the future according to people around here.. but thats not even the point, it doesnt have this feature now. Oh yeah, CycloDS also has the best team behind it that I've ever seen... they actually listen to requests and add features that people want.

As for the SCDS "exclusive" features:
- The ingame guide has been announced as a feature for a future release, the team are working on it and asking for input on the cyclods forums
- The ingame cheat menu is essentially useless. All the cheats people are using are designed for Action Replay, which only allows you to input codes before a game starts. This means the codes are only designed to be enabled before the game starts and not to be toggled on and off during the game. Whats the point of being able to toggle when the codes were not designed for it? Whats more, SCDS doesnt even give you a nice GUI to choose codes before the game starts... but cyclods does. And more, its hard to add custom cheat codes to SCDS, you need to use at least two different command line applications. CycoDS has a complete GUI application for managing its cheat codes.

So yeah, cyclods is far better than supercard IMHO.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
CycloDS is by far superior in my opinion. Its been a pioneer ever since it was released, first cart with full download play.. first cart with ingame menu.. first cart to announce a bunch of features such as slowmotion and dldi autopatch. I think its far easier to use than SCDS and its far more promising. Its also future proof with its SDHC support; this alone should be a reason to buy. SCDS will probably not be able to add SDHC support in the future according to people around here.. but thats not even the point, it doesnt have this feature now. Oh yeah, CycloDS also has the best team behind it that I've ever seen... they actually listen to requests and add features that people want.

As for the SCDS "exclusive" features:
- The ingame guide has been announced as a feature for a future release, the team are working on it and asking for input on the cyclods forums
- The ingame cheat menu is essentially useless. All the cheats people are using are designed for Action Replay, which only allows you to input codes before a game starts. This means the codes are only designed to be enabled before the game starts and not to be toggled on and off during the game. Whats the point of being able to toggle when the codes were not designed for it? Whats more, SCDS doesnt even give you a nice GUI to choose codes before the game starts... but cyclods does. And more, its hard to add custom cheat codes to SCDS, you need to use at least two different command line applications. CycoDS has a complete GUI application for managing its cheat codes.

So yeah, cyclods is far better than supercard IMHO.

your full of crap mate.. all the stuff you said is plain wrong!!

The in game AR cheat menu works absolutely fine, many cheats have multiple options, so you can try them all in the same gaming session. Many cheats have to be turned off at certain points in some games, for instance some of the NSMB bosses will not attack with invincibilty turned on, so with SC you can jump into the menu and just switch that 1 option off for that bit the game instead of hot-keying all cheats off.. it's very convinient and works faultlessly.

The Sc slow-motion feature is far superior too, being merged into the cheat menu means you can change it to one of it's many options/configs anytime you like in a game or even off all together if you wish without affecting any other of AR cheats you may have on. thats not copying. And was the cyclods really the first cart to have AR cheats ?? i don't think so.

quote "And more, its hard to add custom cheat codes to SCDS, you need to use at least two different command line applications. CycoDS has a complete GUI application for managing its cheat codes.".... this is just complete bollox, absolute lying bullshit, get a life.... "command line applications" "hard???" LOL ...please..please link me to these 'command line applications' you speak (lie) of

the only bit that is true is the Cheat menu GUI is basic and could do with improving (romman has said he's working on it), but never the less it's functionality is totally amazing

maybe the cyclods is a better cart with sdhc compatabilty, but it certainly doesn't have all the best features at this time=fact

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
your full of crap mate.. all the stuff you said is plain wrong!!

The in game AR cheat menu works absolutely fine, many cheats have multiple options, so you can try them all in the same gaming session. Many cheats have to be turned off at certain points in some games, for instance some of the NSMB bosses will not attack with invincibilty turned on, so with SC you can jump into the menu and just switch that 1 option off for that bit the game instead of hot-keying all cheats off.. it's very convinient and works faultlessly.

The Sc slow-motion feature is far superior too, being merged into the cheat menu means you can change it to one of it's many options/configs anytime you like in a game or even off all together if you wish without affecting any other of AR cheats you may have on. thats not copying. And was the cyclods really the first cart to have AR cheats ?? i don't think so.

quote "And more, its hard to add custom cheat codes to SCDS, you need to use at least two different command line applications. CycoDS has a complete GUI application for managing its cheat codes.".... this is just complete bollox, absolute lying bullshit, get a life.... "command line applications" "hard???" LOLÂ ...please..please link me to these 'command line applications' you speak (lie) of

the only bit that is true is the Cheat menu GUI is basic and could do with improving (romman has said he's working on it), but never the less it's functionality is totally amazing

maybe the cyclods is a better cart with sdhc compatabilty, but it certainly doesn't have all the best features at this time=fact
You dont understand what I was saying. Just about all cheat codes come from Datel's Action Reply. These cheat codes are designed, by Datel, to be used with their product which only allows you to enable codes before starting a game. My argument was that since Datel only designs their codes to be used in this way, whats so great about being able to toggle them when they werent even designed to be used this way? You've provided an example for mario.. fair enough. However, there are probably other instances where toggling cheats could crash the game. Regardless, I've never had any need to toggle individual cheats ingame - as long as its possible to do a global pause of the cheat engine, thats all I would want.

About the "command line" tools.. maybe I used the wrong term. But the point is that to add your own cheats to supercard you need to use two seperate tools (this and this) in order to convert from a .txt file containing the cheat codes into something that you can use. The tools are not technically command line tools but they dont do anything other than asking you to select the input and output file and then click a button to convert. This is annoying and no good for newbies. The cyclods has a fully GUI driven application which allows you to edit a custom cheat database in a very efficient and user friendly way. Whats more, it can even update codes from the internet automatically. Oh and I dont know how you can say that SCDS slowmotion is superior... from my personal testing I've had more success with cyclods slowmotion. Also, cyclods has slowmotion as a nice option in their ingame menu with three selectable speed levels. Its much easier to use and seems to work better.

I do own both cyclods and SCDS so I'm not biased in any way (which I'm not sure could be said about you
smile.gif
) After using both products I can safely say that cyclods is far superior - especially when it comes to the cheat code system. The only thing its lacking with the cheat codes compared to SCDS is that you cant toggle individual codes (but you can toggle globally). However they make up for this with a very nice GUI for selecting cheat codes before starting a game, and an excellent cheat code app for the PC. The teamcyclops ppl have stated that they are working on an ingame text reader, and unlike SCDS they wont require you to convert the file first using a tool which sounds very nice indeed. Currently the ingame guide is really the only feature that SCDS has over cyclods but it sounds like that will change soon. Furthermore, it sounds like cyclods will have a far better and more user friendly implementation.

PharaohsVizier: I never said cyclods was the first to have auto DLDI.. I said they were first to announce it. They posted their feature list about 1 month before release which gave other ppl time to add these features. But they were still the ones to come up with the idea first (also the case with slow motion). Lets also not forget that they were the first to have full download play support, which left everybody else scrambling to rip them off as quickly as possible. This just shows that they are trying to innovate and so far have been doing a good job of it!

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
quote johnchan "However, there are probably other instances where toggling cheats could crash the game"

that quote alone proves you have never used the cheat sytem on Supercard at all...... stop lying

http://www.sccheats.co.uk/ all the AR cheats from codejunkies+ more all done ready to go. That site also shows how to do your own codes, the procedure maybe slightly 'manual', but it's dam simple.

quote johnchan "Currently the ingame guide is really the only feature that SCDS has over cyclods but it sounds like that will change soon. Furthermore, it sounds like cyclods will have a far better and more user friendly implementation" .................... man you are so full it
rolleyes.gif

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
quote johnchan "However, there are probably other instances where toggling cheats could crash the game"

that quote alone proves you don't have a Supercard of any kind at all.. stop lying

http://www.sccheats.co.uk/Â all the AR cheats from codejunkies+ more all done ready to go. That site also shows how to do your own codes, the procedure maybe slightly 'manual', but it's dam simple.

quote johnchan "Currently the ingame guide is really the only feature that SCDS has over cyclods but it sounds like that will change soon. Furthermore, it sounds like cyclods will have a far better and more user friendly implementation"Â .................... man you are so full itÂ
rolleyes.gif
Haha, how can you possibly accuse me of not owning a supercard based on that? I own both a supercard MicroSD (slot2) and SCSD1 thank you. If you dont believe me fine, I dont really care. I'm just giving my opinion, as somebody who owns both products in question.

The site you give is useful, but this doesnt change the fact that things are tedious compared to cyclods. You still need to download the .scc file for each individual game. With cyclods you can just download a single database file containing cheats for every game... and when your codes get out of date you can just do a net update rather than re-downloading all these individual files. Also, I think the naming system of .scc really sucks and is very confusing for newbies.

I'm full of it? Why dont you take a look at this: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141
The teamcyclops admins are talking about adding this feature and doing it in such a way that you dont need to convert files first. Also you'll be able to fit more than a few words on the screen at once
smile.gif
I'm aware that this is not a reality yet.. but when it happens the supercard really wont have anything worth boasting about.

I really think you need to stop getting so upset when somebody has a different opinion of the supercard than you do. I've seen you with your fanboy crap in a few other threads, one of which you got completely proven wrong regarding your claims about the supercard cheat engine. If you think I'm incorrect then fine, but there's no need to get so bent up about it claiming that "im so full of it" etc

EDIT: Hehe, nice how you edited your original post to make you seem more in the right
tongue.gif
Oh well, my post has quoted your original post.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I cannot access http://www.sccheats.co.uk/ i tried a few weeks ago with no result either.

If you guys can raise any more comparisons/issues please do. I like to hear the informative parts of your posts.

What about GUI wise? I hear SC-ONE has a range of file display options, does CycloDS have this?

Do both run problematic games (tony hawk, POR, etc) perfectly?

Cyclops boot menu looks awfully similar to R4 (i mean where it has the three icons - game, multimedia, boot options or whatever)

I do like how CycloDS can be booted from the main DS menu.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
quote mr liar "Haha, how can you possibly accuse me of not owning a supercard based on that? I own both a supercard MicroSD (slot2) and SCSD1 thank you. If you dont believe me fine, I dont really care. I'm just giving my opinion, as somebody who owns both products in question."

your right i don't believe you... "command line aaplications" you have a short memory

why don't you show me an AR cheat code that crashes the game when you change it on your make believe sc-ds1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted +1