CycleDS Questions

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by MichaelCalvo7, Feb 2, 2008.

Feb 2, 2008

CycleDS Questions by MichaelCalvo7 at 9:29 AM (1,256 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. MichaelCalvo7
    OP

Newcomer MichaelCalvo7 Member

United States
    Hey. I just got my CycloDS black. If you have any CycloDS and don't mind answering some pretty stupid "Newbie" questions, please reply. Thanks

2. SigmaZero

Newcomer SigmaZero Member

Australia
    Depends how newbie those questions are but sure I'll try

3. MichaelCalvo7
    OP

Newcomer MichaelCalvo7 Member

United States
    Any other takers lol. I'm just having a few problems with it. I know someone out there has to have this mastered already...

4. shravz619

Newcomer shravz619 Newbie

Australia
    Yeah sure wat questions, if you fix those problems youre cycloDS will make you so happy it is after all one of the best if not THEE best flash carts available

5. sorin

Newcomer sorin Newbie

United States
    I am trying to decide which cart to buy. I am flipping between the R4 and Cyclo. From some of the posts it seems that the CycloDS has some reliability issues. What I like is that it can accept > 4GB SD and the HD type too. How did you decide on buying a CycloDS? Do you see any issues with it.

Any suggestions?

6. SigmaZero

Newcomer SigmaZero Member

Australia
    The latest batch of CycloDS (black version) is an improved version compared to the white in terms of reliability so the defect problem is pretty much fixed. The only issue is the possibility that your microSD card might not fit properly in the slot, could stick out a millimetre or two

If you can do without some of the features CyloDS has, though it would be a step back with software and whatnot and don't want to spend as much money, then go for an R4. I can't really provide much opinion on the R4 since I have the Cyclo myself

7. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    I'll help answer questions, although if you post this on the Team Cyclops forums you'll probably get more people wanting to help.

8. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Since people seem to be entirely incapable of helping themselves, let me give you a DIRECT link to the official FAQ forum. Don't worry too much as even people who actually visit the official forums are also entirely incapable of finding this clearly marked and labelled forum.

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17