Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I've had the loop error a lot, I've noticed that if you keep your bgm under a minute (50 seconds or less preferably) it will not appear.

Or use ths post above me
If you use the shuffle mode on CHMM2 themes with bgm up 1:30 minutes has its side paralyzed repetition.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The limit may not exceed 3371008kbs and music has no time limit plus its quality decreases. Take a look at this topic in the third item that explains how to make bgm with stereo quality.
https://gbatemp.net/entry/tutorials-for-creating-custom-themes.11124/

@Mr.Faq2015
This tool you recommended is presenting various problems the best tool to create files and bgm this - https://github.com/libertyernie/LoopingAudioConverter/releases/
Besides having several options it performs a compilation of four cores.
I use BrawlBox to make the bcstms since it allows me to adjust the loop (didn't see an option in looping audio converter that allows you to do so).
I only use Brstm/Bcstm Conversion Tool (Brstm2Bcstm for me) when I want to use an audio file that exceeds the size limit, but the entire file is looped (when it ends it starts right from the beginning instead of a specific sample in the middle of the song) and I also only create brstms with it; then I convert them to bcstm with yata or brawlbox. If the file exceeds the size limit and it doesn't loop from the beginning, I discard the idea (dunno if looping audio converter helps you with this, didn't get how to use it at all...)

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I use this and it works quite nicely. It can limit the filesize by automatically detecting the sampling rate. I usually put precision at 500.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-brstm-bcstm-conversion-tool-beta.378702/
I use BrawlBox to make the bcstms since it allows me to adjust the loop (didn't see an option in looping audio converter that allows you to do so).
I only use Brstm/Bcstm Conversion Tool (Brstm2Bcstm for me) when I want to use an audio file that exceeds the size limit, but the entire file is looped (when it ends it starts right from the beginning instead of a specific sample in the middle of the song) and I also only create brstms with it; then I convert them to bcstm with yata or brawlbox. If the file exceeds the size limit and it doesn't loop from the beginning, I discard the idea (dunno if looping audio converter helps you with this, didn't get how to use it at all...)
The program I recommend creates repetition tie perfectly and only check the option. He performs a build process that can change the default and 4 cores
For the BGM files stay with stereo and necessary quality that they stay with 32000HZ. Being with this parameter allows the LoopingAudioConverter maintain quality and Increase the sound is leaving it in stereo mode.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The program I recommend creates repetition tie perfectly and only check the option. He performs a build process that can change the default and 4 cores
For the BGM files stay with stereo and necessary quality that they stay with 32000HZ. Being with this parameter allows the LoopingAudioConverter maintain quality and Increase the sound is leaving it in stereo mode.
You can't make a custom looping .bcstm with looping audio converter (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I've been trying and no luck at all). What do you do if the song doesn't loop from the beginning? Do you set it to loop from the beginning anyway?

Last edited by Mr.Faq2015,

carlosrizos54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pokemon personaje 001 chibi FINISH.png
Hello everyone. Today I have finally realized the design of the female character Pokemon sun and moon. Here I leave it to whoever wants to use it in their subjects. However, here a topic with all perseonajes to do. The only thing I ask is that if you use the drawing, notify me (to download) and somewhere to put my logo, which is also in the picture.

Last edited by carlosrizos54,

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
You can't make a custom looping .bcstm with looping audio converter (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I've been trying and no luck at all). What do you do if the song doesn't loop from the beginning? Do you set it to loop from the beginning anyway?
I realize all the music editing process using the Audacity program. After converting to WAV format I use the LoopinAudioConverter to increase the quality of music and create bgm file with repeating loop.
This program I recommended and updated once a month and the creator have always excellent updates.

For the program to create a music file repeat loop and only you put the settings marked in green held in the image below.

1471388883460.jpg

The red marked field is used to feed the quality of music and sound. For more information visit the link below.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-239#post-6459286

The Yata presents some problems converting some music. The bgm file is noisy. I advise you to make edits of the songs used Audacity program since it allows for a perfect file. Then convert the song to Wav using Audacity and use the program I said.

All themes I created the songs are with stereo sound quality and is extremely self without any noise or loss of sound quality.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I realize all the music editing process using the Audacity program. After converting to WAV format I use the LoopinAudioConverter to increase the quality of music and create bgm file with repeating loop.
This program I recommended and updated once a month and the creator have always excellent updates.

For the program to create a music file repeat loop and only you put the settings marked in green held in the image below.

View attachment 59195

The red marked field is used to feed the quality of music and sound. For more information visit the link below.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-239#post-6459286
That way you're setting the bgm to loop from the beginning, which is what I mostly avoid to do. Because if you do that you're losing the default loop the song has if it has one, since there's no way to set a loop point in a .wav file with audacity (is there?). Although something important to mention is that this is the case of videogames songs. Your method is totally useful if the song you want to use does not have a custom loop set, which is the case of actual songs, anime openings, even some videogames songs. But when it comes to songs with custom loop like in most of videogames, what do you do if the resulting file exceeds the size limit? You can't use Looping Audio Converter because it can't set a loop point and you can't use Brstm2Bcstm because the resulting file doesn't loop properly when installed on the 3ds. That's my question.

The Yata presents some problems converting some music. The bgm file is noisy. I advise you to make edits of the songs used Audacity program since it allows for a perfect file. Then convert the song to Wav using Audacity and use the program I said.

All themes I created the songs are with stereo sound quality and is extremely self without any noise or loss of sound quality.
I used to use yata to convert brstms to bcstms besides creating the actual theme. Now I use BrawlBox for this because since v0.77 it also supports .bcstm opening and exporting (it also supports .bfstm if someone is interested and didn't know it yet)

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
That way you're setting the bgm to loop from the beginning, which is what I mostly avoid to do. Because if you do that you're losing the default loop the song has if it has one, since there's no way to set a loop point in a .wav file with audacity (is there?). Although something important to mention is that this is the case of videogames songs. Your method is totally useful if the song you want to use does not have a custom loop set, which is the case of actual songs, anime openings, even some videogames songs. But when it comes to songs with custom loop like in most of videogames, what do you do if the resulting file exceeds the size limit? You can't use Looping Audio Converter because it can't set a loop point and you can't use Brstm2Bcstm because the resulting file doesn't loop properly when installed on the 3ds. That's my question.

I used to use yata to convert brstms to bcstms besides creating the actual theme. Now I use BrawlBox for this because since v0.77 it also supports .bcstm opening and exporting (it also supports .bfstm if someone is interested and didn't know it yet)
I realize the whole process of editing in Audacity from cutting the tracks of music to repeat loop test. After creating the music I use the program I spoke to convert and create the repeat loop. No matter what the music loop is perfect. Can I edit the music the way I like using Audacity.

If what you want and start the music the first time normally and starting the second time starting the right repetition loop ?

I created several issues with this method is the repeat loop I did editing in Audacity see only an example.
https://3dsthem.es/5213

I made an issue that carries a repeating loop continues.
To cut and edit the music in Audacity to create a repeating loop still in LoopingAudioConverter.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I know edit music in Audacity so that it does not exceed the maximum supported size is simple.
There are some parameters to be executed so that the music does not exceed the maximum size is simple.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If what you want and start the music the first time normally and starting the second time starting the right repetition loop ?
If I understood what you mean, yes, that would be it...

I created several issues with this method is the repeat loop I did editing in Audacity see only an example.
https://3dsthem.es/5213
I see... so you don't get along with custom loops. That's understandable. I fixed it, tell me if you want the fixed file.

I realize the whole process of editing in Audacity from cutting the tracks of music to repeat loop test. After creating the music I use the program I spoke to convert and create the repeat loop. No matter what the music loop is perfect. Can I edit the music the way I like using Audacity.
I kinda seem to understand what you mean. Sadly, I don't agree with the way you create bgm for themes. I think it's more important to have the song looped properly than just looping it as it comes despite having it with good quality. But hey, I'm nobody to criticize anyone's work. Plus I think that the actual effort you put into the screen images is more worthy than the music, for me it's the opposite since I'm not that good at editing images, so I focus more on music instead. It's a shame, but I guess it can't be helped...

Edit: kinda late right now, will continue tomorrow

Last edited by Mr.Faq2015,

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
If I understood what you mean, yes, that would be it...

I see... so you don't get along with custom loops. That's understandable. I fixed it, tell me if you want the fixed file.

I kinda seem to understand what you mean. Sadly, I don't agree with the way you create bgm for themes. I think it's more important to have the song looped properly than just looping it as it comes despite having it with good quality. But hey, I'm nobody to criticize anyone's work. Plus I think that the actual effort you put into the screen images is more worthy than the music, for me it's the opposite since I'm not that good at editing images, so I focus more on music instead. It's a shame, but I guess it can't be helped...

Edit: kinda late right now, will continue tomorrow
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: erman1337

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Just a random request, could someone make a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic theme? I hope that doesn't seem like an odd request.

If nobody feels up to it, how about a Super Smash Bros. Legacy theme based off of this theme (https://3dsthem.es/2267) instead?

Last edited by PrincessLillie,

qq12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
View attachment 51007
Final Preview

I'll edit the folder texture and fix the SFX effects and background music.
The folder was slightly blackened on the bottom and it was not good.
The designer's edge exceeded my expectations.
I managed to make a texture that combined in my view perfectly.

New folder texture
View attachment 51009 View attachment 51015
I think the lighter shade gets better.
Hey, don't suppose you'd be willing to explain how to change the sfx/bgm volume? I've managed to change the bgm to one i feel fits more(though its kinda soft, even trying to up the volume in looping converter), but the sfx is reallly really loud in comparison! Trying to do 3 different songs so I can try to loop the themes heh, kurumi is my favourite character pretty much ever. Also, would you mind if i used your folders and sfx as base for a theme of my own? (planning to change the top/bottom images for my own use XD)

Also if anyone has time, please consider making a theme for Bloodstained. ( its an upcoming game by IGA, effectively spiritual successor of the series. The art and music is AMAZING.

Last edited by qq12345,

Piezahummy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guzma , big boss of Team Skull .
preview.png

Inspired by skulls and gold .
BGM :
Team Skull - Encouter Team .

Download here :

Thanks to ryumaru for her guide , my last theme ( cookie cat ) , had kinda bad audio . Thanks to your guide , I improved the audio .
Has custom boders , folders and SFX .​

Last edited by Piezahummy,
Reactions: Lycan911

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...