What are you using currently?

• Total voters

loismustdie555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before this thread gets anywhere off topic I would like to make a request of sorts; AdballaTerro could you make 16:9 art for the banners of :Zelda Wind Waker, Zelda Four Swords, Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin 1 and 2, WarioWorld, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart Double Dash, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, and Sonic Adventure DX?

And @FIX94 I think I found something that should sum up (in music) your time from gbatemp noob to admin. This site releases all their music for free with permission from the developers so no piracy here.

EDIT: Darn, it's hard to use BBCode in posts for some reason. :wacko:

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Before this thread gets anywhere off topic I would like to make a request of sorts; AdballaTerro could you make 16:9 art for the banners of :Zelda Wind Waker, Zelda Four Swords, Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin 1 and 2, WarioWorld, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart Double Dash, Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, and Sonic Adventure DX?

And @FIX94 I think I found something that should sum up (in music) your time from gbatemp noob to admin. This site releases all their music for free with permission from the developers so no piracy here.

I made tutorials already and they are very clear. Try them out and if you don't succeed I'll make them for you next week :)

loismustdie555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I made tutorials already and they are very clear. Try them out and if you don't succeed I'll make them for you next week :)

I just recently started learning the commands in the quick reply so it's all good. I've tried doing it manually but my links with names like the last link in my post you replied to required me to use the "Link" command in the quick reply box otherwise it would end up like this; http://www.8bitpeopl...ur_mission]This site releases all their music for free so no piracy here.[/url] I don't know why it does that :wacko:. Normally my BBCode is fine since I'm kind of a computer junkie :) , I still have my windows 95 machine and she runs great! :D

I'm a dev so I know about licenses, thanks anyways :P

Did you like the album? I know I did :D

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Epic Abdallahterro, I'm thinking of waiting until Dios-Mios is released prior to updating old channels with new booter. Reason being fix might update the booter if the need arises once DM comes out.

Thanks for the tutorials I'll be using them soon :-)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@Fix94 I have a suggestion for DM-Booter that can be handy until Crediar makes things official.
Why not add am option to the settings: "Run Games From" can be "SD only" "USB only" or "Both"

This way we can select "SD only" (for now), see our USB games and when we run the game it will be copied to SD if enough disc space is present and launched successfully.
Later when DM works from USB we can select "USB" or "Both" and run the games directly without copying.
I'm not sure whether to add a "Delete" option or not.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Here are 15 background images in 16:9 aspect ratio for the most wanted games.
I'll not update or replace channel wads nor GX banners in my downloads folders, updating existing channels is not that hard and the tutorials are self explanatory.
Included games:
-------------------
Animal Crossing - UGAF
Beyond Good & Evil - UGGE
Eternal Darkness SR - UGED
Legend of Zelda 4 SA - UG4S
Luigi's Mansion - UGLM
Mario Kart D-Dash - UGM4
Paper Mario 1000 - UG8M
Pikmin - UGPI
Pikmin 2 - UGPV
Sonic Adventure DX DC - UGXS
Soul Calibur II - UGRS
Super Mario Sunshine - UGMS
Super Smash Bros. Me - UGAL
Wario World - UGWW
Zelda The Wind Waker - UGZL

@Jelly-guy all your requested banners are here too :)
060912_2017_mostwanted11.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted12.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted13.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted14.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted15.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted16.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted17.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted18.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted19.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted110.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted111.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted112.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted113.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted114.jpg
060912_2017_mostwanted115.jpg
The wind waker and mario 1000yd are different from the ones in first post, the others are just cropped or enlarged to the correct 800x450 pixels
Tbh I didn't see much of a difference in the looks of most new banners as compared to the old ones.
Abz :)

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FIX94 has added a HBC pack for SVN r20 on the Dios Mios Booter google-code download page.

No new committed revisions as yet though. I guess we won't see anything until DM is actually released... which will be if crediar decides to continue with the project. Although... Speaking of which, there hasn't been anything new with DML as of late either.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll leave the device selection as it is, no need for some boot from option, because if you for example switch to usb all your games will automatically boot from usb, I've added a general ini entry for it. The copy to sd will prolly follow, its easy to do for me since I've done it for wiiflow already ;)

leftwingzero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to request a forwarder channel for Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (GGPE02). Any info let me know, and I will attempt to get it for you between helping my wife with the kids.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!