emupaul

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have searched and searched and could not find a custom disc like guitar hero III mods and hacked discs for dance style games.... It would be nice to convert audio and steps from lets say DDR MAX 2 and or 3rd Mix, Extreme 1/2 Etc..and so fourth even step mania songs.... or whatever you desire. Any-good starting points to hack at the disc and start injecting & replacing steps/videos/songs? any good material on this?

I understand hottest party wasnt a true ddr game and lacks arrow mods like in ps2/ps1/arcade version but the steps and audio track should still work just fine since its just a player and a nice skin....

spacholka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Besides Hottest Party, what other DDR games are there for Wii that work with 3rd party dance pads? My gf is really into this garbage and I want extra bonus points. Thanks.

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dance Dance Revolution : Disney Grooves
Dance Dance Revolution : Winx Club

Also gamecube game :
Dance Dance Revolution : Mario Mix

edit: didn't see you were talking about 3rd mat, I'm not sure about two first ones ...

emupaul

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fennec said:
Instead of messing with injection maybe porting stepmania would be the best solution ? This has been started but no news about the author :

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/User:Borbzz/StepMania
http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?21,15307,25848

unless this guy can continue what he worked on...he didn't release any code modification it would be nice if he did....
save some time...

I checked out the svn...

http://svn.stepmania.com/svn/trunk/

however looking though it seems to be 3rd party library hell. alot of stuff from the looks of it would need to be totally rewritten.
however a good thing is that libpng ,lua is ported to wii and may help in the porting process

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Lua_for_Wii

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think ffmpeg is also used by mplayerce ?

That would let the following one but this is a lot of work !
libjpeg
libtomcrypt
libtommath
mad-0.15.1b
pcre
vorbis

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I looked at the disc myself, and its definitely something we wouldn't be able to customize
tongue.gif

The audio? Maybe (I think its the same as Brawl's audio), but I doubt we would be able to make the same chart files the game uses (which I don't recall seeing :wtf:)

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
I looked at the disc myself, and its definitely something we wouldn't be able to customize
tongue.gif

The audio? Maybe (I think its the same as Brawl's audio), but I doubt we would be able to make the same chart files the game uses (which I don't recall seeing :wtf:)

What's the chart format (if you found it)?

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
Mrkinator said:
tongue.gif

What's the chart format (if you found it)?
I can't remember, I'll dump my disc again soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.