Homebrew [Custom 3DSthemes] Requests, Quality Check, and Advice

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
0000.png

Today I will make life easier for many. For all creators who have always had difficulties in creating custom folders will be offering a package of editable folders.

Before we continue you will need the following things.

1 - Having Fireworks CSS or Gimp (Fireworks CSS5 recommend)
2- Have a lot of creativity
3- Do not resize the editable files because it will not display error in 3ds. That is the wrath folder becomes deformed.
Just edit the background and apply effects in layers.

Do not edit its dimensions and their positions.

Any questions please notify me by private message.

Password to decompress: Ryumaru

Note: I did not make the files in Photoshop for my Firewokrs and modified and has some additional add-ons.
@jurassicplayer - If you want to you can add this manual at the beginning of the page.

Attachments

• custom folders by Ryumaru.rar
    238.3 KB · Views: 449
Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried finding the theme online.
Unfortunately we don't provide official themes.

---

I added the template sort of files that were on the thread to a single MEGA folder and put the link inside the In-depth Tutorials. I also put in my own template files in .xcf format since I use GIMP.

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Theme Preview
Preview.png

I leave you with a preview of my newest custom theme design.
I used a color tone based on image.
The icons were created following the gender of the image.
SFX sounds I used sounds of Zelda games.
I hope you enjoy.​

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: Celldweller97

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's been really annoying me, but if you guys are going to post up previews and images, I'd like to not have to scroll past images that take up half the screen for literally nothing. The simple preview from Yata+ or Usagi is good enough. I really don't need to see how a 3ds looks to judge stuff in a theme, nor is the title really meaningful.

Reactions: Ryumaru

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
- Theme of the Week -
Kirikizan's [ StH ] Blaze the Cat
7mcAKok.png

One of the few themes that are actually fairly well done, enough that I wouldn't be completely opposed to actually using the theme. It has Blaze's theme song, which would seem like the standard thing to do, actual scrolling top AND bottom screens which always is a plus, and some rather nicely picked colors. It comes with some generic Sonic game sound effects that I would expect, and from what I understand, he/she was aiming for a more "professional/official" feeling theme. The only real setbacks are the lack of a fanciful folder icon and icon borders, but otherwise I would say he/she has done a great job.

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
download.png

Does anyone know tell me if this wav format conversion program for brstm and good.
From what I saw it has more features than the BCSTM Conversion Tool program.
In addition to being new it has many features.​

Last edited by Ryumaru,

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know tell me if this wav format conversion program for brstm and good.
From what I saw it has more features than the BCSTM Conversion Tool program.​
It's about as good as any other. There isn't any sort of preview, making loops is actually the most inconvenient implementation of what is available (for our usage case), and the only REALLY useful parts are the sample rate and amplify functions, both of which could be done in Audacity and probably would be done in Audacity since you would need to use Audacity or another program to actually even find the points to loop. The rest of the options are somewhat pointless beyond converting from brstm back to .wav, etc.

BRSTM/BCSTM/BFSTM Conversion Tool would be great if it worked correctly. There still isn't any preview, but otherwise it works as a better implementation than Looping Audio Converter. It has amplify, sampling rate, looping, and even trimming. The only problem is how loops are made, which it seems to do incorrectly somehow and makes a non-seamless loop.

Yata+ has the convenience of being able to easily preview the loop, and automatically will trim the ending if your loop ends before the end of the track. It just lacks the extra features of being able to set the sampling rate or amplify the volume. Aside from not being able to set the sampling rate, it has everything required to easily convert a working seamless bcstm loop.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
- Theme of the Week -
@LilLeafy's Fragile Dreams - Ren V2
G8euzfA.png

This theme isn't the greatest, but it isn't the worst either and it does have custom icon borders, folder icons, and sound effects. The white on the bottom of the folder is a little too bright for me, and the image quality is lacking. Otherwise, the colors and image content is actually not too bad. The sound effects and bgm are also from the actual game (some menu sound effects and the main theme). Since the game usually had quiet background music (well...when there is music anyways), the sound effects are getting somewhat drowned out from the bgm. All in all, it needs some refinement, but having all of the parts does deserve some props.

LilLeafy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Theme of the Week -
@LilLeafy's Fragile Dreams - Ren V2
G8euzfA.png

This theme isn't the greatest, but it isn't the worst either and it does have custom icon borders, folder icons, and sound effects. The white on the bottom of the folder is a little too bright for me, and the image quality is lacking. Otherwise, the colors and image content is actually not too bad. The sound effects and bgm are also from the actual game (some menu sound effects and the main theme). Since the game usually had quiet background music (well...when there is music anyways), the sound effects are getting somewhat drowned out from the bgm. All in all, it needs some refinement, but having all of the parts does deserve some props.
Oh jeezus this is a thing? I'm not really that happy with that theme as I made it trying to figure out how Yata worked and thus its kind of rusty. I'm glad to see someone liked it, though! I might record some footage myself to get some better sfx quality and actually fix the scrolling on the top screen (Which actually still doesn't line up even though I thought I fixed it, whoops.) but I'm not sure if I will publish it since I feel that posting 3 versions is a bit excessive. I might just dump it somewhere else. Huh.

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
- Theme of the Week -
Albireo's Champion Cynthia & Garchomp
getPreview.php

This theme is pretty simple with no sound effects, an ok-ish icon border, pretty good colors, and the major highlight of the theme (in my opinion), the folder icons. It's simple, clean, and matches really well with the idea. The bgm is the Cynthia battle song, so no surprises there. There isn't any fancy top screen or bottom screen shenanigans that I am extremely fond of though. All in all, if you like static backgrounds, it's a fairly decent theme if only because of the colors cloned from the background and the folder icon.

---

This week's theme was days late thanks to my internet being dead.

FlameSpeedster

That Guy Who Made 250+ 3DS Themes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Need some opinions. I'm making a Psycho-Pass theme and I'm conflicted between two different top screens:
preview.png
preview_V2.png

They're pretty similar, so any opinions?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
...They're pretty similar, so any opinions?
I would opt for the second one. The first one looks like you have some peculiar glow behind the characters. Also, I have no idea why they would be the way they are in that picture. They look like they are moving in two completely different directions. Also, when someone highlights a game or something on the 3ds it would look kind of messy.

FlameSpeedster

That Guy Who Made 250+ 3DS Themes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would opt for the second one. The first one looks like you have some peculiar glow behind the characters. Also, I have no idea why they would be the way they are in that picture. They look like they are moving in two completely different directions. Also, when someone highlights a game or something on the 3ds it would look kind of messy.
What do you mean with that last sentence? The cursor colour? Or are you saying when I hover over something it wouldn't contrast well with the top screen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it