Homebrew [Custom 3DSthemes] Requests, Quality Check, and Advice

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@Sumea - I am doing a new theme of pokémon and will use the pikachu so it won't use the body so the face, ears and stripes and was perfectly aligned. I'm just finishing up making the folder and the border with pikachu's appearance in the Manga Studio program.

The theme will be simple with everything with a lot of graphic art.

This theme you can see in the screenshot below that I finished last week I used a single image and even without using the cut between the screens was not bad, the appearance of the image in 3ds

getPreview.php

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: Games&Stuff

FlameSpeedster

That Guy Who Made 250+ 3DS Themes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

@daxtsu, @Sonic_Cee_Dee - It was very strange when I cut the image in exact dimensions, cut much of the breastplate of Luffy all. That's why I chose for this form.
I already did a tutorial explaining the exact dimensions of the 3ds screens so that have images that even applying the right method is very bad.

I did a file that allows you to view the exact length between the two screens, I can provide in this section without problem. This exact height.
I personally make the space 16px based on the space from when you take a home menu screenshot from your 3DS.

Example:
example_space.jpg

Last edited by FlameSpeedster, , Reason: example added.

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I personally make the space 16px based on the space from when you take a home menu screenshot from your 3DS.

Example:
View attachment 39907
I also do this because sometimes cut the image almost 90px deforms the image very much.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

2 tools that should be created:
1- Program to create custom Edges with various effects
2- Program to create custom folders with shadow effects, border and brightness

I already know to create both the way that I want more for who is starting it would be extremely useful.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I use this template

I did a 100% perfect model to measure the distances between the two screens if you want then when I'm on the PC I can send to you in this section. I measured the Division of the two screens of the 3ds, 3dsxl and the new 3ds .

I use this file literally to assemble themes that use a single image.

1456167142238.jpg

When I'm at home and use my PC I put the file with all specifications. Will be extremely useful for those who want to create themes using only an image.

PS: I'm using cell phone.

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: Arubaro

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Combined perfectly with the game. The folder I think it would be cool if you did that not in the image below.

1456182871162.jpg

Would be very cool to make a folder for the Blue theme used this image would give a prominence to more theme. This well defined both images together.

The image below to be used to mount a folder also.

tumblr_mrncktcFVh1ro0elho5_500.png

This image below also would be cool as folder. I think a combination with the above image would take a beautiful folder.

devil-survivor-2-clock-tower-artwork.png

Even more the way it is currently the themes are beautiful.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
First of all thanks to @exelix11 creator Yata+ because I used the default theme images to this file.
For those who have any difficulty creating themes using a single image I leave you with skin that will save the lives of many.

I put that image the exact size of the top and bottom screens and a real division between screens without any error the division between screens this right to the Old 3DS, 3DS XL and new 3DS.

Just apply your image on the skin and adjust it that will be no margin of error in 3ds.

Yata_shape.png

Note: The images should not pass the green line below leave you with an example using this skin.

Sorry for the poor quality of the image.

Image used

fire_emblem___lyndis_wallpaper_by_latios77-d7ehucw (1).png

File Final

x.png

Another issue that I used method of a single image.

pic5-largefg.png

icone.png Folder Closed.png Folder Open.png Border-24px.png Border-48px.png Top.png Bottom.png
I'm doing all art work from the face, folder and edge.
I wonder what you think of this issue I am still finalizing.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

JoelRL11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LittleXiao's Warm Flandre
SKLlfEB.png

This theme really doesn't push the envelope at all. Normally I dislike these sorts of themes that just replace the top/bottom screen, pick some colors, and add a song, but this one is quite well picked. The brightened color buttons against the muted background make everything very easy to see and pleasant to look at. The top screen could literally be almost anything and the theme would probably still work. The music is a rather nice piano rendition of U.N. Owen. If there were anything to gripe about, I wish bottom screen has just a little bit of animation or at least scroll since it IS a patterned background, but unfortunately it's a static image (easily fixed).
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
---

So this thread might possibly be redundant to some people, but those people don't matter to me. As the thread title suggests, this thread is (in theory) a thread where people can post up requests for themes and all of the requests will end up in the first post so finding requests isn't a hunt.

There is also a theme of the week...mostly because I want it there. There wasn't really any reason for it. If anything, maybe it can be used to highlight different themers and their fancier themes. Honestly though, this is going to be biased to all hell since I'm the one picking.

Also, in the hopes of people making more quality themes, you can ask for some opinions about what you currently have (maybe you can't decide on a color, or just want a second opinion, etc.) or give your own opinion about other people's work in progress.

Themers, try not to take each and every comment as someone hating on your theme, and if you feel that others opinions aren't needed, then there is little you can obtain from this thread.
Opinionated bystanders, try not to be reserved in your critiquing, this thread is for improving themes, not pandering to themer ego. Worst case, I might reply and give my own opinions.

Lastly, tying in with the quality themes, you can ask for some ideas or advice. Maybe you aren't good at coming up with good folder icons, icon borders, or something else. Then we can all sit and wiggle around your issues too until you get something you are satisfied with.

tl;dr: A thread for chatting about Work in Progress 3ds themes
I would like to request the ace attorney 16 but theme. The one that came with the turnabout sister theme please. Thanks in advance!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The stuff I suggest are just the sorts of things that I would have done. Feel free to pick and ignore advice as you choose.

Alrighty then, what feedback do you guys have for this...
I would have kept all the colors for the button icons and text the same color. If you had some reasoning behind why you made it black, then it's lost on me. Another thing worth considering would be to swap the actual button colors between the top and bottom screens to make them stand out. You could also use something like an analogous color, though it looks like you are trying to make them blend in...which is also alright. IMO, since the buttons are rather bad at blending into the background (any sort of gradient or color alteration makes it fail), you might as well make them more prominent and easily distinguishable from the background. I also don't like something about the folder. I don't really have much justification for it though, I just don't like it.

...Maybe tell me what you think?
I never liked putting logos on top of logos (because there is unavoidable going to be a logo slapped in the middle of the screen at some point).
Red one: Top screen looks like it would be interesting, though you might want to remove or remake the hard to read "Shin Megami Tensei". The buttons on the top bar of the bottom screen would look better with the color scheme of the launch button. Folder and icon borders look dull though.

Blue one: The highlight colors on your buttons seem really bright. And I'm also on the font clarity bit, so changing the white text glow to something like dark grey or black would make it look a lot less...fuzzy. Folder and icon borders still looking uninspired.

Added a link to post under 'In-Depth Theming Guides -> Bottom Screen'.

I would like to request the ace attorney 16 but theme. The one that came with the turnabout sister theme please...
Any possibility of clarifying what you are talking about (maybe with better grammar)? Just reading your post, I have no idea what you want a theme on. An Ace Attorney theme or maybe one specifically about the Turnabout Sisters case?

Reactions: FlameSpeedster

JoelRL11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stuff I suggest are just the sorts of things that I would have done. Feel free to pick and ignore advice as you choose.

I would have kept all the colors for the button icons and text the same color. If you had some reasoning behind why you made it black, then it's lost on me. Another thing worth considering would be to swap the actual button colors between the top and bottom screens to make them stand out. You could also use something like an analogous color, though it looks like you are trying to make them blend in...which is also alright. IMO, since the buttons are rather bad at blending into the background (any sort of gradient or color alteration makes it fail), you might as well make them more prominent and easily distinguishable from the background. I also don't like something about the folder. I don't really have much justification for it though, I just don't like it.

I never liked putting logos on top of logos (because there is unavoidable going to be a logo slapped in the middle of the screen at some point).
Red one: Top screen looks like it would be interesting, though you might want to remove or remake the hard to read "Shin Megami Tensei". The buttons on the top bar of the bottom screen would look better with the color scheme of the launch button. Folder and icon borders look dull though.

Blue one: The highlight colors on your buttons seem really bright. And I'm also on the font clarity bit, so changing the white text glow to something like dark grey or black would make it look a lot less...fuzzy. Folder and icon borders still looking uninspired.

Added a link to post under 'In-Depth Theming Guides -> Bottom Screen'.

Any possibility of clarifying what you are talking about (maybe with better grammar)? Just reading your post, I have no idea what you want a theme on. An Ace Attorney theme or maybe one specifically about the Turnabout Sisters case?

Ah yes sorry. Well I'm sorry I wasnt clear enough hehe. Here is a picture of it so you may have some idea of what I'm talking about. Hope you can help me! :D I tried finding the theme online. But I couldn't find it! :0

Edit: Whoops, on my first post I meant to say BIT not BUT, sorry, using my phone's small keyboard! :0

Attachments

• 49be69c0f0e051e714fe6cff72db7567.png
    49be69c0f0e051e714fe6cff72db7567.png
    17 KB · Views: 276
Last edited by JoelRL11,

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@JoelRL11 ^_^ This theme looks nice.

HNI_0028.JPG

I'm creating this theme with all I'm having some problems with regard to the creation of the art of icons. I created already created with everything I don't know if combined very with the theme I was wanting to do the back of the scepitle as the folder I'm out of ideas. What do you suggest.

I've changed the colors of all the buttons leaving them with the skin color of this ancient and Sceptile after I have completed at least the edge and folder the way I want I will post updates

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I've been working on this for a while, I just need to make a custom border and a more subtle background music. Its panoramic btw and it looks so good with 3D!
HNI_0006.JPG HNI_0007.JPG
I created 2 templates based on Ryumaru's. One basic and one panoramic with overlays, 3D areas and yata+ line up marks.
Yata_shape_panoramic.png Download PSD Yata_shape.png Download PSD
@Ryumaru @jurassicplayer

Last edited by Luckkill4u,
Reactions: Ryumaru

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@Luckkill4u Was great I actually forgot to put these details hahahahahaha
Note: I will make available after three files, edge, folder and icon. In editable mode with no margin for error so the user just anger have to edit the files.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Demon Summoning App - Record Breaker
3DS-Demon-Summoning-App-Record-Breaker-Theme-Showcase.gif
Features:
-Scrolling panoramic background
-BGM: DeSu2 OST "In the Devastated Town" (Nice and calm BGM)
-Custom Folders
-Custom SFX
-Custom Borders
https://3dsthem.es/2971

I'm not 100% happy with my custom borders but I was getting tired and lazy. I was trying to get a gear look on it but because the borders are so small and mirrored I couldn't make something that didn't look weird.

Edit:
Is this a good idea? I made an "orb" for DeSu1 and added the mc. This is panoramic for top and bottom.
Top-and-Bottom-Backgrounds.jpg

Last edited by Luckkill4u,

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to make a request for a Super Mario World theme. The world maps of Super Mario World could be on the top screen, and possibly rotate. It could have background music from the game.

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
pic5-largefg.png

Talk guys IM leaving my newest custom theme design. I would like to hear what you think of him.
I'm still going to update some stuff on it and then I'm going to launch a second version of this theme with some improvements.​

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH